“Univeristy Inn at Emory visit” 5 of 5 stars

The University Inn at Emory
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1767 N. Decatur Rd, Atlanta, GA 30307   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Perry, Georgia
“Univeristy Inn at Emory visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this hotel a 10. Service is excellent and it is very clean. I have never stayed at anyplace and felt so at home as I did here. I loved the fact that it is in walking distance of the Emory hospital too. My Husband was a patient there for almost 30 days. I really felt safe and comfortable there. They have a great continental breakfast and have a happy hour in the afternoon so you can unwind after a day of sitting in the hospital. I actually felt sad leaving this morning, but I've already got reservations for my Husbands next trip to Emory. Looking forward to seeing the University Inn Staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We very much enjoyed having you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and hope all is going well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice location and excellent quality for the price. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time staying here with our son; the crib was in the room upon arrival and if we needed anything, the staff was always eager to help. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad you chose us for your visit to Atlanta. It is most important to us that we service our guests well. We hope to serve you again on your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this inn with 2 friends, from the outside it looked like any middle of the road motel, however, after stepping into the room we quickly changed our mind, my friend lifted the bedskirt on one of the beds, there was a large wad of dried tobacco chew stuck to the bed frame, Oh it gets better, we looked behind the bed to find that a new ocket was installed in the wall, why clean up the sand, plaster and sand mound on th floor that was every bit 5 inches, high, the carpeting was stained, so there was no barefoot happening on that rug, when I went to take a shower I ran the water turned it on shower and the whole insert of the shower head flew with force and hit the shower wall on the other side good thing i wasn't standing in the shower, then I went to put it back in and the screw fell out! I would avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hello -

We see your comments about us. I am very sorry that your stay was not what you had hoped for. I would like to ask which room and on what dates did you stay with us. I will notify our maintenance staff as soon as we know which room is involved, and it is helpful to know the dates so that we can address the cleanliness issue with both housekeeping and the maintenance manager.

I would appreciate receiving any information or feedback you have. I can be reached at shirley@univinn.com or by phone 1.800.654.8591 ext 518. I am the manager over guest services and will consider a refund of room charges once I know which room and dates are involved. Your feedback is very important to us.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The University Inn at Emory is an exceptional establishment; providing excellent customer service and warm reception. The staff was outstanding in regard to providing information as well as accommodation. I highly recommend the Emory University Inn to future students.

Room Tip: Excellent location-very close to the Emory University campus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your response. We enjoyed having you as our guest. If we can be of service to you in the future, please let us know.

Best regards
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Location is excellent for visiting my son. However, the room was filthy. When plugging in computer behind nightstand, noted it had not been vacuumed in a decade. There were 5 lights in the room... 2 had burned out bulbs. Requested new light bulbs. 2 replaced while we were out. The third, the reading light by the bed was not. The bathroom flourescent was barely lighting (constant dark flicker), so we used the heat lamp for lighting. The TP roll was low when we arrived and there was no extra roll to be had. Apparently, housekeeping at this motel is a thing of the past for the beds were not made up the first morning nor was new linen provided. The computer went off line at 8:30 PM and stayed off. Do not know when it came back on.

The rating of two was given only because the desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The warm cookies are excellent and the continental breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shiku, Guest Relations Manager at The University Inn at Emory, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is certainly understandable that you were unhappy with the events you have noted. Please know that we will address these issues. I have sent you an email from TripAdvisor with my contact information (email and phone) which I am hoping to communicate with you so that I can appropriately address your message.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The University Inn at Emory is a small hotel in a safe area that is very convenient to Emory's campus. I got a reasonable rate as a part of the Emory special they offer. The hotel has free wi-fi, which worked fine for me and was actually faster than the internet I've had in some larger chain hotels. Parking was also free. The breakfast was standard continental breakfast fare, and while not anything special, it wasn't bad either. My sleep quality was not largely affected by the noise from traffic outside, though that was readily audible. However, my sleep was affected by the clanking of the air conditioning unit that occurred throughout the night. The room itself was spacious, though out-dated. My main qualm was the cleanliness of the room. On the floor, there was a rather large ball of what appeared to be pet hair.

Room Tip: Rooms in the guest house are more newly renovated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bedminster, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you need to stay within walking distance of the Emory campus this is the place. If you want a clean, quiet, comfortable hotel, look elsewhere. It is basically a Motel with outside entrance to rooms and located on busy road from which you hear much traffic noise. Also had mildew in shower and the room felt dingy without much light.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The University Inn at Emory? Share your experiences!