“Great location, mediocre staff” 2 of 5 stars

GA Aquarium Family Pkg
Ranked #41 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, United States
“Great location, mediocre staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had to extend my reservation due to severe weather in Atlanta. I was charged an "event" rate that was $115 higher than the normal rate. The hotel staff was aware I had to extend my stay because my flight had been canceled because of the ice storm in ATL. I wished they would've given me the same rate I paid for the previous two days. The heat didn't work in the new room I was given and it was 12 degrees outside. Took hours for maintenance to come to my room to fix the unit. The repairman was able to get the unit to heat the room at the cost of it making screeching noises that never stopped. The front desk staff made no offer to discount for not having heat for several hours or having to deal with an extremely noisy heater. I wasn't given a receipt and I called back to request a receipt be emailed to me. The front desk person told me he was aware of the challenges with my room and he would have the GM call me. I thanked him and asked him to email me a copy of my receipt. He it was pointless to give me a receipt until I spoke to the manager. I thought it was rude to tell me my request was pointless. I had to contact the property management company of the hotel to get my receipt and the GM never called me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Winston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

WOW!!!! Best hotel I have ever stayed at, service and staff were unbelievably helpful and nice. It felt like everyone was intuitive to our needs, we didn't even have to ask for things, they just happened. Housekeeping, AMAZING, front desk, AMAZING, Valet, AMAZING!! You can't beat this locale, it was a great trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location for a meeting I was attending in the city. The shuttle service was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the breakfast was great !!! Will definitely stay at this location again.

Austin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here for the Atlanta market. For the first 5 or so nights, every morning we'd wake up with some sort of bites. It was terrifying and gross. We spoke to someone the second night who rolled their eyes and told us they'd do a deep cleaning. After 5 or so days of it still happening, we spoke with someone else who said they'd never heard of a deep cleaning and let us switch rooms. As soon as we switched rooms the bites stopped. At check out, the manager said their exterminator found nothing and despite their 100% guarantee, they wouldn't refund us for our nights in the first room. They did refund us a single night, but we've been worried the whole time and need to get home and see a doctor. The fact that the bites stopped after changing rooms seems clear that something in that room was weird. We've been to Atlanta many times and were standing in a single booth at market. The only thing out of the ordinary was this room. I would be terrified to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to my attention. The comfort, health and safety of all our guests is incredibly important. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The staff at the Hampton, North Avenue in Atlanta assured my safety by helping with directions and town-specific information. During a drenching rain storm, the staff provided ponchos and umbrellas to our trade show staff and personally walked us (and our luggage) to the show site, assuring our safety, in a nice, dry environment. It made me, a girl who left her umbrella home, feel like it was one less thing to worry about. The staff at this hotel is amazing!!!!

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly staff and a real valued breakfast shows the best things you can have it here. Near all important attraction and in a very pleasant place. But the parking costs are a shame. If not, would be certainly a 5 star.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Most convenient location to Georgia Tech. Have stayed several times. Always high quality, great staff. One of the best Hamptons I've stayed in. Great value. Complementary breakfast a big plus when you are on the go. Rooms always clean, well-maintained. It's a favorite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown? Share your experiences!