“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is a fairly standard Hampton Inn. Nice but not posh. It is an easy walk from a MARTA station, which is handy. They only have valet parking so having a car can be expensive. The staff were very friendly and quite helpful. This is a great location if you are visiting Georgia Tech or Coca-Cola since both are just across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is a compact, efficient facility located across the street from the GA Tech campus. The hotel is very clean and the room was comfortable. The extra measure of room key operation of the elevator added to the sense of security. No real frills but we were not looking for frills. It does not have a swimming pool, but for our purposes this did not detract from our stay. The only minus was parking cost $18.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Kathleen, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Room was okay. Air conditioning worked well. Staff was rude and unhelpful. Was traveling without my husband and no one offered to help me load the cart or push it when I was obviously struggling due to a broken back. This is the first time I've been there without my husband so I'm not sure if was because I was a woman or not. I will definitely try other hotels in the area before going back there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. In the future please call us and let us know of any special needs that you have. We will be ready and available to help you. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Coppell, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Really nice walk to the campus, plus the 5th avenue area was bustling with students. I felt safe and enjoyed the atmosphere! You may not need to rent a car, but if you do, you will have to pay for parking at $18 a night. There are public parking lots all around this facility as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Roanoke, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel room we had smelled of cigarette smoke and the a/c did not work properly. I did not report the odor of the room b/c the hotel was at full capacity. I did report the a/c problem and it was not resolved. The room appeared clean, check in was quick, and breakfast was adequate. The location to the Georgia Dome, Centennial Park was the reason I booked at this location. I typically love Hampton Inns but was not happy with my stay this time especially since I spent a fortune on the rooms. My bill was almost 500 for the two nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve and I ensure you this has been addressed with our staff. The condition of your room was unacceptable and I am disappointed to hear that your problem was not resolved. I hope this stay does not taint your view of the Hampton Brand and you will give us a chance to win you back as our valued guest.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had four nights here in August for a conference stay. Wifi was complimentary on the trip, the breakfast was the usual ample Hampton inn spread, which was much appreciated for quick bites. There was a complimentary 2-mile radius shuttle bus which was great as the downtown area is a little rough. I caught it once immediately and the other times there was only a 20 minute wait on the driver return. The hotel felt safe, there was always a locked front door (opens with key card), and a security/front door staff visible in the foyer area even at 2-3am.
The rooms were a little daggy, and the bathrooms aged, not to mention a shockingly loud air-con, especially in comparison to other Hampton Inn stays I have had, but for the price (around $80/night in a non refundable deal) it was fine - the staff service certainly lifted my review.
Nearby sites include coca cola, Georgia tech campus, and a short walk from the North Ave. MARTA (train-airport) station, only $2.50!

Room Tip: You'll feel safer the higher you go. Six floors in all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have taken note of your feedback and sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. It is our priority to exceed our guests’ expectations and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the Hampton brand is known.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I would definitely return to this hotel. The location is excellent to the GA dome and aquarium. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I had never stayed in downtown Atlanta before but now that I have such a nice hotel to stay at, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra B! I am glad you decided to stay at the Hampton Inn Georgia Tech for the Alabama/Virginia Tech game. It was a very busy weekend and I am glad we showed you a great time. I cannot wait until you visit us again!

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown? Share your experiences!