“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 176 Hotels in Atlanta
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is down town atlanta. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 2:50 and our room was not ready until 3:15 but the hotel was packed and everyone was working hard to get all the new guest in. When we got to the room the bathroom had not been cleaned. It looked like it was being prepared to be but there were no towels and the shower and toilet had not been cleaned. So when they were informed the apoligized and sent someone right up. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was good. I would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting GA Tech. While the hotel was full (there was a swim competition in town), the staff was courteous and efficient. The room was fine - typical Hampton Inn room. The valet parking was quick and easy. The parking lot is right next to the hotel, and it took no more than a couple of minutes for the staff to get our car. The staff was helpful for finding nearby restaurants, directing us to locations at GT, and for retrieving my husband by shuttle from the MARTA stop. While the hotel was what you would expect from Hampton, the staff's friendliness and helpfulness was what stands out for this trip.

Room Tip: We were in Room 306 and it was very quiet. Would never know there was anyone else at the hotel, eve...
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The entire staff from parking, to front desk, to maid, to dining room all were conversational and showed a genuine interest in making my stay the best experience that was possible. The security was top notch with the elevators equipped with room key readers. No access was allowed to the rooms unless you had a key. The breakfast had a good variety and was well stocked even with a large group being in attendance. The street noise was a little loud at times (it is a college campus) but it died down when we got ready to actually go to sleep. The shuttle service is nice, especially since there do not seem to be any eating places within a comfortable walking distance. Being a smaller facility and being basically square, the hallways were a little narrow and the rooms were arranged in an unusual layout.

Tampa, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Hampton Inn next to Georgia Tech in Atlanta is well located for both access to Georgia Tech and midtown Atlanta. The staff are especially friendly and helpful, including the parking valets. The room was clean and quiet...surprisingly quiet since you are so close to the hustle and bustle on the interstate and the city.

Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was very unhappy with a couple of things with this hotel, but I'll start with the positives. The hotel is very beautiful, very clean, the rooms are very up-to-date and gorgeous and the beds are amazingly comfortable. The breakfast is delicious, but there's not a whole lot to choose from. Now for the bad. When you book a room online, as we did, you expect that you've paid for everything in full and that if not, there will be something noted on the Hotel page stating you may have additional pending charges upon check in. We were aware of the $18 for valet, (which is required, and utterly ridiculous seeing as though they didn't even have our car for 8 eight hours and with where they parked it, we could see it just fine), but we paid it anyway. The valet guys are very polite though. The front desk staff is OK, BUT, immediately upon check in we were asked for our debit card for payment verification. I told her the room was prepaid. She said it's just for verification. I hand her my card and she swipes it!!! I said, "why did you swipe it"? She said, "oh we have to keep a record of your card info for 'incidentals'?" I said, "am I being charged anything?" She said, "No, it's just in case there's any incidentals upon check out." So we get up to our room and I decide to check my bank app on my phone. Sure enough, there was a $7 charge pending. My husband goes back to the front desk and she said, "it's just incidentals." My husband said, "We haven't used any incidentals, we've only been here 5 minutes and you told my wife there would be absolutely no charges unless we used incidentals." She said, "it's not an actual charge it's just pending and will clear out tomorrow if you don't order any movies or have any extra charges." So, we went on to our room and tried to enjoy our evening. The next day when we checked out, we were told we had no incidentals, there were no additional charges and we were free to go. I had a gut feeling something wasn't right, so I once again checked my bank app and on top of the $7 incidental fee that was already there, there was an ADDITIONAL $28 fee!!!! $35 total!!! We immediately went back to the hotel and asked what it was. Believe it or not, THEY COULD NOT TELL US WHAT THE CHARGE WAS FOR!! She said, "all I can tell you is that someone must have run another "incidental" charge, but it's only pending, it will clear off of your account Monday night!" Monday night? I didn't need it to clear Monday night... I needed my money back right then! It may have only been pending, but it was affecting my available balance with my bank. My husband and I are on a very very tight budget and $35 is very helpful to us. She said there was nothing she could do about it. So, you pay too much for a room, then you have to pay too much for valet, when you could have parked and watched your car yourself, then you have ridiculous charges pend on your account for three days and no one can explain those charges!!! Yes, the charges disappeared Monday night, but we should not have had to wait 3 DAYS to get money that never belonged to the hotel in the first place! We had paid our dues online, and owed nothing else to that hotel! Plus, an incidental fee is ridiculous anyway. Not everybody rents movies, makes long distance calls and etc. We will NEVER, under ANY circumstances, stay at this hotel again. Be cautious. Yes, most of the reviews are wonderful. It really is a wonderful hotel, but the front desk staff is a little too happy with charge cards and can't explain why you are being charged.

• 2 of 5 stars
Plano TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'm on long-term project in Atlanta and normally stay at the Marriott Marquis downtown. It wasn't available this trip so Hampton Inn was backup at higher price than we pay this category 6 Marriott. There is no room at entrance for drop-off so tight turn-around for taxi. Lobby small and plain. I'm Hilton Honors gold member but didn't feel it when I checked in. The elevators require room key card to operate for security I guess. Was on 4th floor facing North Ave next to elevator. Street noise was very loud over night contributing to worst sleep I've had a in a long time. Bathroom was large and tub/shower combo worked very well-constant hot water supply. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn and all edible except for the eggs-looked like they were powered and cooked uneven. Waffle was especially good and consistent for the 3 mornings I had it. There are no restaurants in this area so not a good place without a car. The advertise a free shuttle within 2 miles but I didn't use it.

Room Tip: Ask for room on parking garage side or risk traffic noise keeping you awake through the night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have taken note of your feedback and sincerely apologize that our hotel did not exceed your expectations.
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean, convenient location on GA Tech campus. If you have any work/vacation in the area, this hotel is convenient. They have a shuttle that will take you within a certain distance of the hotel which is helpful for food/entertainment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to first thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Georgia Tech for your accommodations while visiting Atlanta. I understand that you have ample hotels to choose from, so it is a great pleasure to be your choice of Hotel!!