“Great hotel at the Ga. Tech Campus” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
GA Aquarium Family Pkg
Ranked #45 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great hotel at the Ga. Tech Campus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you're going to Ga. Tech for a visit, this is the ONLY place to stay. Clean, close by, and reasonably priced. within walking distance of Centennial park and all the great restaurants, bars and stores on Baker and Marietta. Georgia Dome is close by too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Good Afternoon Parrotdr! I hope your visit to Georgia Tech went well. As we are the ONLY place to stay while visiting Georgia Tech I am sure we will see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Midway, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff was wonderful, very accomodating! The valet parking staff greeted us immediately and took care of our van. The shuttle drivers were wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast greatly exceeded our expectations! This hotel was within walking distance of several key places that we wanted to visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christiansted, VI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff was very professional and pleasant to deal with. I felt very safe and secure in this hotel and recommend it! The shuttle was very convenient getting around with a 2 mile radius, especially in the morning. The lobby area is a little small and could be configured a little better, but the amenties were fine and it was a great place to stay being alone in a new city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay here while in Atlanta for my hubby's birthday. The staff was very friendly, the location is great, and the room was very comfortable. The only complaint I had was the breakfast. The "eggs" were the typical powered eggs, but these were weird and chunky and didn't taste very good. But other than that, we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Definately a recommend for individual, family or large group. Shuttle service is so convenient with so many sites close by. This is the second time I have booked this hotel for my senior citizen travel group.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here one night on business travel. I booked at the georgia tech rate online. I don't think they ever asked for proof that I had business on campus although I could have provided that.

Got a quiet room on the top floor. It was across from the elevator but I never heard noise from the elevator. HVAC worked perfectly. It is a "window" unit under the window but not loud. The room had two double beds so I picked the one away from the HVAC. Bed was very comfortable and room was quite clean. Post-it notes over the beds announced that they had provided clean duvet covers as well as clean sheets. (I thought this was strange but glad it was clean). The room seemed recently renovated. The entire property was done up in a typical "Hilton" decor, especially the gym which had the large framed mirror and ubiquitous precor equipment found at all Hilton chain hotels. This gym had only one piece of equipment of each type - one elliptical, one treadmill, etc. It was a small gym. I used the elliptical at 11am and was the only one in there. There are free weights but no stacked weights. There are no sanitary wipes they have the standard Hilton container for the wipes but no wipes. Instead there was a bottle of hand sanitizer - not so useful for gym equipment when you are spending 40 minutes in there. There was a water cooler and towels and the temperature was good in the gym.

The breakfast was one of the high points of my stay. They had a good selection of hot items - hot oatmeal from scratch rather than instant, omelets (already prepared), french toast, several different kinds of yogurt, a bowl of fruit, cereals, and some bagels/muffins. I found this breakfast better than many other hotels at this level - better than recent stays at Best Western and Holiday Inn. Not quite as good a selection as the breakfast at a full service Hilton or Doubletree/Embassy Suites, but close.

There is a shuttle that goes back and forth to the campus on demand. It runs in the morning and evening on weekdays. I took it to the campus and back the morning I was there. It was incredibly prompt and excellent service.

Being a Hampton Inn, there is no room service. But the front desk provides lots of advice about food - they gave me a stack of menus from local restaurants that deliver. They even recommended one particular one based on the type of food I wanted. The restaurant was prompt and the food was good. For $20 including delivery I had a hot meal delivered to the hotel that I could eat in front of the TV in my room.

The TV is a larger flat screen model. It was identical to the TVs I have had in my rooms at regular Hilton properties and the Waldorf, in the last month or so (Hiltons in Berlin and Milan and the Waldorf in Boca Raton). It was different from the one at the Conrad - but that one was very high tech it had room temperature control on the TV! The one at the Hampton seemed to work exactly the same as the ones I used at these other properties. The Hilton chain seems to be rolling out identical equipment at many of the different tier properties. This is nice for a business traveler on the road quite a bit - I did not have to learn a new TV system.

I am gold with Hilton this year. For this stay I got a complimentary water and snack. My snack was a small toblerone candy bar (they had a choice) and the water was a standard size. I told them the Waldorf gave me two waters and they said Hampton only gives one. They were right I looked that up online. But they decided to give me a second water just for asking. I also got a late checkout - complimentary for gold members. I asked for 2pm and they suggested 130 which was OK for me. They called me a taxi and it was there about 10 minutes ahead of time.

Everything worked like clockwork at this property. I was very happy with it. Despite not being a full service hotel, they go the extra distance to provide all the comforts a business traveler might need while on travel. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a hotel near Georgia Tech. They are right next to campus and you can walk around campus from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room they will put you on a high floor away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning! Thank you so much for this detailed reveiw on my property! A traveller has already found this review helpful and we are very thankful for you taking time to write this response.
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is in the walking distance of Georgia Tech. 5-7 minutes walk to Bill Moore Student Sucess Center. 5-7 minutes from Stamps Student Center.

To get to Hotel, take train (gold or red line) from Airport and get down at North Avenue Station. Ticket is about $3 (can take around 50 min in the weekend).. From North Avenue station, there is good 10-12 minute walk to the hotel.

Parking is $18/day (valet only). In the weekend, eateries close early on the campus. Walking from campus to hotel is pretty safe even if you are alone.

You can order chinese/thai take-out from http://luckybuddhatogo.com/ on phone. They deliver the food to the hotel.

Hotel room is very clean and quiet. Free breakfast is ample and also they provide fruit, juices, coffee, omelette among other things.

They also have AAA discount.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown? Share your experiences!