“Always a great place to stay....Always” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
GA Aquarium Family Pkg
Ranked #55 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Sweetwater, Tennessee
“Always a great place to stay....Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Another great stay. Staff is very friendly, attentive and professional. Rooms are clean and well prepared. This hotel is conveinent to downtown, mid-town, the World Congress Center, and the Georgia Dome. And it is just across the interstate from the Varsity Drive-In. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top rooms to the south give a great view of downtown Atlanta.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I chose the Hampton Inn Atlanta Downtown location because it was close to where I needed to be for business.

While the hotel was a standard Hampton, clean but nothing out of the ordinary, the staff was by far the friendliest and most helpful I have come across. From the moment of my arrival they were friendly, offered assistance during check in, and was able to provide quality answers to my many questions (near by restuarants, ATM, local transportation)

The one thing that stuck out as above and beyond was the shuttle drive was more than willing to stick around an extra 20 minutes to help me get where I needed to be.

Next time I return to Atlanta, there is no question as to which hotel I'll be checking into!

Room Tip: Like any hotel, the farther from the stairwell or elevator the quieter the room will be.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Our Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful response!! I will share this with my team. The next time you are in Atlanta, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make sure your travel plans are in order!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Booked into this hotel as it boasts a downtown location but to be honest you need to know your way around if you stay here as it is not city centre as far as I am concerned. I was here on a weekend and the hotel offers very little with respect to food or drink so you have to go out and after a long flight and day it was the last thing I wanted to do. If it was down to me making the booking next time it would not be this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Stephen G,

We appreciate you taking time to express your concerns. As a Hampton Inn, we do not offer meals beside breakfast. Because of this, we try to offer frozen dinners, soups, soft drinks and alcohol in our Suite Shop to accommodate our guests. We also have recommendations for restaurants within a short walk/cab distance. I am sorry it did not meet your expectations and we hope it did not taint your view on Hampton as a whole. We hope you will give us another chance.

Best Regards,
Michael Beshah
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Staff is always smiling, in a real good mood and more than helpfull. Perfect place to stay 15 min walk from Georgia congress center. There is a free shuttle available to go downtown if you prefer.
Easy access, it is next to one of the main expressways (I85-I75).

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I like Hamptons in general. This was good as well, good friendly staff. Breakfast was much more than continental good selection, very convenient. I also like their"to go" packages.
Location was good next to businesses we wanted to visit.
Restaurants are within walking distance but no good ones. Do if you do not have a car a bit inconvenient. Other than that good overall impression.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here for week while my husband was attending a class at Georgia Tech. The hotel is clean & nicely maintained. Our room (King) was spacious & worked well for our family of 3. We had reserved a crib/pack n play & it was setup/ready when we arrived (which doesn't always happen at all hotels). The hotel is right across the street from GT (near the football stadium) & within walking distance to many attractions. It was super convenient to walk across the street to campus & hop on the Stinger bus if you needed to get across to the other side of campus & didn't want to walk. (On a side note, there was a bit of construction going on on the main street, so we had to walk a little further down the street to reach the pedestrian bridge. I was carrying our 1 yr old from the bus stop one day, & a kind construction worker offered to stop traffic for me so that I could cross directly back to the hotel instead of going all the way down the street to the bridge. Southern hospitality is still alive & well! ;)) Breakfast is included, which was convenient for our family, as well as fresh baked cookies & fruit in the afternoons which was a nice bonus. The staff was friendly & greeted us every day as as we came in/out. I was taking care of our toddler during the day and we often hung out in the lobby for a change of scenery when it was too hot to be outside. One day while we were down there, we were the only ones in the lobby, so the front desk clerk was kind enough to come over & offer to change the TV channel to a kid-friendly show for us! :) We always enjoy our stays at Hampton Inns, and this was a memorable one.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
WOW! It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn Georgia Tech! We see very often a guest comes for work and brings the whole family - leaving them to fend for themselves during the day. I am glad you explored and received great service off property as well! This report makes me proud and I will certainly share this with my team. I know savvy travelors will get a lot out of this review and I thank you once more for taking your time to express your views on our property.

Best Regards,
Michael Beshah
Blois, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the early september for 2 nights.
The hotel is not what you can call "centrally" located in downtown Atlanta but you can walk to the aquarium (which is great by the way!) and the "World of Coca Cola", it's a 10 to 15 minutes walk to the hotel. You also have free access to the hotel shuttle that can drive you anywhere in a 2 miles radius from the hotel (I think that a big plus).
The room was a standard Hampton Inn King bed. Clean as usual, the bathroom was big and clean too. The breakfast is good (a lot to choose from) and free (as is the wifi!).
The staff is amazing, always smiling and very helpfull.
The valet parking is mandatory (18$ a day) and the valet man was awesome.
We definitely will stay again at this hotel and will recommend it to our friends and family :)!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
I appreciate your review of my property and am thrilled to hear that you will be coming back! We host many tourists and try to make sure you feel comfortable while in our beautiful city. There are many attractions to see and hopefully on your next visit we can direct you to more sites of Atlanta!