“Very good hotel, we'll stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
GA Aquarium Family Pkg
Ranked #44 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Blois, France
“Very good hotel, we'll stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the early september for 2 nights.
The hotel is not what you can call "centrally" located in downtown Atlanta but you can walk to the aquarium (which is great by the way!) and the "World of Coca Cola", it's a 10 to 15 minutes walk to the hotel. You also have free access to the hotel shuttle that can drive you anywhere in a 2 miles radius from the hotel (I think that a big plus).
The room was a standard Hampton Inn King bed. Clean as usual, the bathroom was big and clean too. The breakfast is good (a lot to choose from) and free (as is the wifi!).
The staff is amazing, always smiling and very helpfull.
The valet parking is mandatory (18$ a day) and the valet man was awesome.
We definitely will stay again at this hotel and will recommend it to our friends and family :)!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
I appreciate your review of my property and am thrilled to hear that you will be coming back! We host many tourists and try to make sure you feel comfortable while in our beautiful city. There are many attractions to see and hopefully on your next visit we can direct you to more sites of Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was extremely convenient for us while moving our son into his dorm at Georgia Tech. I also felt the covered parking area was secure enough to leave our car packed full of items for move in.
The room was very spacious, neat and clean. My only complaint would be that it was very noisy with traffic right outside our windows. I'm not sure how this could really be avoided due to the location.
The staff was extraordinary and is largely why I decided to schedule another stay here when we return for family weekend!

The continental breakfast is pretty standard with a large variety to choose from, but really nothing to write home about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that we will be seeing you more often! Our Georgia Tech families are very important to us and we love to see the growth from move in to graduation. I am sure soon we will know you by name and be your home away from home when visiting your son.
Berlin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is clean and neat as expected. It is the staff that puts this hotel over the top. They were pleasant and extremely helpful. Our stay was over a very busy a football weekend. We never waited for anything! We used the valet parking and received excellent service whenever we wanted to use the car. A shuttle service is available for anything within a 2 mile radius. The breakfast is a standard hotel continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, but plenty to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far the worst experience, I have ever had a hotel. I travel multiple nights out of the month in hotels across the country. The hotel lost my reservation. At the same time the hotel was sold out. The general manager Michael (--) was the rudest customer service person I have ever dealt with. When asked how it happened he told me it was my fault and offered no sort of help. Upon calling Hilton Corporate they informed me it was not my fault. Hilton Corporate was the first person to apologize. Mr. (--) never once apologized or offered to help. All he had to do was apologize and help me find another hotel. I can't think Hilton Corporate enough for there help in making this mater right. AVOID this hotel by all costs, but don't give up on the Hilton family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was the cleaniest and most professional staff that I ever came across. The staff made me feel so comfortable and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The continental breakfast was the best and I was so impressed with how clean everything in the entire hotel was kept and organized. Had a beautiful and spacioous room I would highly recommend this for your family Had a wonderful time

Room Tip: we had a private room with a pull out sofa and had more than enough room for 2 adults and 2 teenager...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful review!! I really cannot say how much I appreciate you taking your time to write about our hotel. I will show this to my team and hopefully we can continue to make every guest stay as remarkable as yours!
Macon, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel isn't the fanciest hotel in the area, but it's levels of service and competitive pricing make it a favorite of mine. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the wait times for everything tend to be very short.

Rooms are always clean and properly stocked, the staff is attentive to requests about location and I've never had a mix up nor had to wait on a room to be cleaned or inspected after making a reservation.

The hotel's amenities are competitive with other hotels of this type, but not extraordinary. This isn't a hotel you'd use if you are trying to impress, but ideal for casual and business travel if you want to be in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very ordinary levels of service and facilities. While complementary breakfast is welcome - the dining space is inadequate - often the guests are jostling for seats; only two hot dishes often are unfilled.
Compared to typical Hampton suites, the room is small, beds are not of Hilton standards. I picked this place because of its proximity to GA Tech. But the stay was quite dull; there are not many dining options within walking distance.
I plan to try other hotels in the area when I go back to Atlanta next month. It may be useful for Hilton group to review the standards of bedding, pillows, room size etc. in this particular hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown? Share your experiences!