“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexander City, Alabama
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at this property for the SEC Championship game at the Georgia Domw in Atlanta this past December and I must say it was in a great location and very nice property. The check in process was OK at best but the rest of the stay was great. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the price was very reasonable compared to the surrounding hotels that were frankly not near as nice as this one was. The beds were comfortable and the room had all the amenities needed. The only complaint I would have about this property would be the buffet breakfast. It was OK but not worth the $13 we had to pay. There are many places to eat nearby and I would suggest you go to them to eat instead of paying for the buffet. Overall I would say my stay was a 9 out of 10. I would stay at this property again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_Sales, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear KABusiness,

Thank you for reviewing the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North hotel. We appreciate you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I hope you had a great time at the SEC Championship game. We are pleased that you liked your room and the amenities we offer. I apologize that the breakfast buffet didn’t completely satisfy you. Feedback such as that helps us better serve our guests. Thank you for choosing our North Atlanta hotel, we look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,
Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Shamong, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Disappointed for the following reasons:
Closet had ceiling tile missing and insulation was on the floor of the closet.
Difficult to iron shirts because cover for ironing board kept falling off.
Tub for shower had chips in the porcelain.
Heat control for the room did not work.
Hot water (for the early risers) was not sufficient.

Got in late, out the door early for meetings. Really no time to complain to front desk to switch rooms.

On the plus side the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

I think many may stay here because they are Starwoods members and want to build up their points. The other issue could be the horrible traffic in Atlanta. Location is pretty good so it makes for a somewhat less painful drive.

Would I stay here again? No, unless it was mandated. Even in that case I may try and find another Starwoods property.

Not even close (from a value standpoint) for the rate they charged which is why I gave it a poor rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton_Sales, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Flyboy228,

I sincerely appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter Hotel. I’m glad that you found our hotel to be convenient while staying in the Perimeter Mall area and that our staff was friendly. We always want to make our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. I hate to hear that you were disappointed with any part of your stay and I’ve already relayed your comments to our General Manager to make sure these issues are taken care of. We did have a slight maintenance issue due to the extremely cold weather Atlanta has been experiencing this winter. However, I am pleased to say that all maintenance issues have been addressed. Again, I thank you for your review and I hope you’ll give our Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter Hotel another chance next time you’re in the Atlanta Perimeter Center area.

Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manger
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you're looking for great value in an SPG in the Perimeter area, this is absolutely your best bet. The hotel is in exceptional shape and appears brand new despite the fact that the most recent renovation was in 2007. The staff is exceptionally helpful, especially the breakfast wait staff. Rooms are clean and sizable and the TV selection is fantastic.

The Gym is OK--it has the standard Sheraton Core Performance set-up which is better than the Reebok workout at Westin. All in all, there's no reason to stay at the Westin across the street. The food, hotel and service all win here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Finny52,

Thank you for your outstanding review of our Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter Hotel. It is always great to hear about a guest’s stay with us. I’m glad the staff was helpful and I’ll be sure to let the breakfast staff know about your compliments as well. We try to provide the best on-site fitness center possible for our guests to enjoy, but I appreciate your feedback; we’re always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to your next visit with us while visiting the Atlanta Perimeter Mall area.

Best wishes,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent five nights over New Year's here while visiting family. We got a large, comfortable, quiet, clean room at a reasonable price. Breakfast buffet was good but not lavish, and the wait staff, especially Jeffrey and Jennifer, were outstanding -- friendly, courteous, and kind! We had dinner here twice; the menu is limited but the food is good and the portions large. Dinner prices are a little on the high side, but that's what happens at any decent hotel. This is our new first choice for staying in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Low numbered rooms are closest to the most convenient elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton_Sales, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Michael T,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North this holiday season. I hope you had a wonderful New Year’s celebration with your family in Atlanta. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments of our breakfast staff. As always, we strive to make sure you feel at home when visiting our Sheraton at Atlanta Perimeter Center. We look forward to serving you the next time you need an Atlanta Perimeter hotel.

Warmest regards,
Sonora, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in Room 328 for three nights. It was a strange room. We thought we had reserved a room with a sofa bed sitting area with a King bed. We walked into what looked to be a large room that had once been two separate rooms. It had a Jack n Jill bathroom The vanities were built for young children as was the height of the toilet. When my husband would get out of bed, it sounded like the frame was cracked. There was a loud metallic, cracking/snapping sound.
We chose NOT to receive room service. We were not told we could use the $5.00 in the downstairs coffee bar area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ray G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North. I apologize your accommodations were not what you expected. The General Manager and maintenance will be made aware of your concerns and the issues are being addressed. We hope that the rest of your visit to Atlanta was enjoyable and you had fun at the Chic-fil-A Bowl.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The reviews are TRUE! This hotel is GRADE A+. My families experience could not have gone any better. Christian at the front desk greeted us and was very prompt upon our arrival. We immediately felt welcome within seconds. After checking into our upgraded suite, we found that the rooms are comfortable, and very well kept. We were then greeted by the nicest man in the entire city of Atlanta named Jeffrey. Let me say this, after reading the reviews of this hotel, the name Jeffrey continued to pop up when they mentioned breakfast. I appreciate hospitality when I visit a hotel, so I chose to stay here because of the good things everyone said. Jeffrey makes you feel like family. This entire staff knows what customer service is all about, and they've mastered it. Trust me when I say that I've stayed in the best and the worst. This hotel is not a huge skyscraper. But where it lacks in stature, it makes up for it in service and comfort. You will not be disappointed with your visit here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kevin B,

I sincerely appreciate your review of our Sheraton Perimeter Hotel. It’s great to hear that Jeffrey and Christian were able to make you feel like family during your stay. We always strive to go above and beyond the normal hotel expectations to make our guests and their families feel at home. Again thank you for your five star ranking of our Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter Hotel and we look forward to being able to welcome your family back during your next visit to Atlanta, GA.

Kind regards,
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is hotel is managed very well and is on my top list when visiting Atlanta.
They have a very decent price policy which , as a Dutchman, i certainly appreciate.

Free wifi, free Bottle of water in your room, Breakfast only 12 usd so fair pricing. The rooms are very nice, Gym is excellent, and some designated places outside where you can smoke a cigarette. I Have stayed in some hotels in this Area and i would recommend this hotel strongly!

Room Tip: take a suite, they are super.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Vets17,

I appreciate your review and am pleased to hear that our hotel stood out among the Atlanta Perimeter Hotels. We always offer free Wi-Fi and a convenient yet affordable breakfast to accommodate each guest. I’m also thrilled that you had a moment to visit and take advantage of our on-site Sheraton Fitness Center. We hope you’ll stay with us again on your next visit to the Atlanta Perimeter Mall area.

Thanks again,
Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North? Share your experiences!