“Upgraded” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Tempe, Arizona
“Upgraded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Although this hotel wasn't what I thought it would be compared to other Sheraton's I've been in, we still enjoyed it very much. Went for a stay in November 2012 and it was virtually empty. We loved our room, and was clean upon arrival. We were upgraded to a suite b/c it was my guy's birthday, so that was EXTREMELY nice of the clerk. Check in was a breeze and we were in our room within 10 minutes. The area was nice and quiet, which is what we were looking for on that particular weekend. Everyone was nice an accommodating. The only thing…which is totally my fault for not looking at every detail like I normally do…is that there weren’t mini-fridges or even any to rent. There was an open space for what seemed to be where.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_Sales, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. We are glad that you enjoyed your upgrade during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great room with a nice club lounge. We plan to stay again in June on our drive to NC. They upgraded us to a site which was really nice and the location is outstanding. I understand that this property is the better of the two Starwood properties in the area so don't feel like the Sheraton could be inferior to the Westin

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. We are glad that you chose our hotel during your stay in Atlanta. We look forward to welcoming you back in June during your trip to NC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

All I can say is the Sheraton saved me & my family on Sat! We were traveling with 3 small children from Charlotte NC & needed ajoining rooms; we called numerous places and settled on the Laquinta Hotel in Perimeter. We had a birthday to be at Sat night and long story but when we got to the hotel they had no record of our resevation. We had a confirmation # and the email print out & the womans name who we spoke with. LaQuinta wouldnt honor their word and said they wouldnt even help us find another hotel to stay at! The woman working the front desk was soooo unhelpful & rude; I work for a hotel in Charlotte & I couldnt get over how RUDE & unsympathetic she was. We had 3 children under the age of 5 who were tired and hungry and all we wanted to was to check in, nap and head to dinner. Thankfully we called the Sheraton in Permiter & they were so helpful & sympathetic to our situation. I had never stayed at a LaQuinta Inn & now I know I NEVER will. The Sheraton was sooo nice and helpful and the hotel is really nice. Id like to think we will look at this as a blessing in disguise! It was a major UPGRADE from the LaQuinta! Thank you Sheraton for accomodating us! We will definitly be back. Now.....I am on to do my write up of LaQuinta.....it will not be pretty!

on a sidenote, im not sure if it was because I was exhausted but the beds their were the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Loved it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. I am glad that we were able to save your weekend in Atlanta. We truly look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Stuart, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North hotel recently while on a business trip. The price was right and we booked a suite in the club level across from the club lounge. Overall the stay was nice and we were met with polite employees. Our room was large enough to be comfortable for a couple of days.

The negative:

-We found the Club level lounge breakfast stale and old. The attendant was nice though and she promptly had new things brought up on request.
- The mini Fridge that used to live in the room had been removed. It is now policy to charge clients $10.00 for a fridge to be brought to the room.
-The sheets on the couch bed were filthy and had not been changed.
-While the hotel has a shuttle, they do not run it much. We asked for a ride to the MARTA station .5 miles down the hill and they called us a cab instead. That was a $10.00 cab ride.
- I made a complaint with the front desk on the day of departure about the bed, food, etc... and the desk clerk informed me that he agreed that our complaint was valid however, the manager never bothered to follow up with us or to offer any assistance.

There are several nice hotels in the immediate area to choose from. We will be staying at a different hotel in the future. It does seem that, while nice on the surface, you MUST check your beds!

John

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. I am sorry that you had issues during your stay. if you would please contact me directly, I would love to speak with you further regarding your experience.

Kind Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 17th Anniversary and we stayed here for one night. When my husband checked in he was asked if we were traveling somewhere. He told the receptionist that we were celebrating our anniversary. She upgraded our room to a King suite and then had room service bring us chocolate covered strawberries. The hotel is beautifully decorated, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We had the breakfast buffet which was delicious also. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special place to stay. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. We are glad that you chose our hotel for your 17th Anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our second time staying at this Sheraton and we came back because of our first good experience. But this time I was bringing my husband for his birthday - a time to get away - and so I let the hotel know in advance. In the past because we are gold members of SPG some hotels do special things on our birthday. First we love that they allow our dog to stay with us. That is just something you can't get anywhere else unless you pay a large fee. Second, for a great price breakfast was included. The breakfast was a buffet style and the service in the restaurant was warm and efficient. Lastly, we were greeted on arrival with an upgraded room and fruit. I know they can't do this for everyone, but we were very touched. To top it all off the lady who checked us in - she remembered us from when we had stayed there before. I wish I had gotten her name because she was really amazing. (If any managers are reading this, she was a young black woman, she told me she had 3 children, and we checked in on 12/29/12). We plan on staying at this hotel again! The only thing I would suggest for improvement is to upgrade the flooring/carpeting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. We are glad that you chose our hotel during your Birthday surprise. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and I stayed one night after a basketball game and it was the best hotel experienve I had my whole life.From the time we checked in till the time we left the staff was very friendly and helpful.I would and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton_Sales, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent review regarding the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter. We are glad that you chose our hotel during your stay in the States. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter Hotel

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North? Share your experiences!