“No weekend shuttle service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #21 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
DeWitt, Iowa
“No weekend shuttle service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel . . . However I expected the shuttle service to and from the MARTA station and restaurants would be available Saturday and Sunday based on website information (I interpret "limited" to mean range of service, not availability) and a phone call to a desk clerk at the property who clarified I should get off at Dunwoody and call the hotel for pickup within a few minutes.

Arrangements were made for cab service, but the bottom line is I would not have booked the hotel for a Saturday arrival had the status of the shuttle been clearly posted. It was too late to change our pre-paid reservation by the time we discovered there was a problem.

Tayran, Christian, Amir and Jackie all were very pleasant and helpful, but my advice to anyone who needs to used public transportation is to choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you read on a website.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Dear Guest roo51, Thank you for your feedback and compliment of hotel staff. I appreciate you speaking with me upon check in over the phone. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and taxi arrangements. We hope to welcome you back soon. Amir Qureshi. AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful trip where we stayed in this great hotel. The service was excellent and the staff were incredibly polite and only too happy to help. The shuttle service was fantastic and the drivers Hamid and Amir were just a pleasure as they went out of their way to accommodate us. The room service was also great and anyone that we dealt with from the room maids to the front office staff were there to help us finding our way around.

We would not hesitate to recommend this great hotel to any one who is looking for a five star service.

Room Tip: Discuss your needs with the hotel management.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Guest coolgirl430, We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure servicing your needs. Thank you for recommending us to travelers for both leisure and business. We look forward to being your host again. Thank You, Amir Qureshi. AGM
Edgefield, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Good stay! Loved the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rooms were clean......prices of drinks were a little high but staff was helpful

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest A B, We appreciate your kind words about our hospitality manners. It was our pleasure to be at your service. Please come back soon. Thank You, Amir Qureshi. AGM
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay. Booked two rooms, one a king suite and another with two queen beds, both on the club level. Although we are SPG gold members, we actually booked the suite up front rather than 'hope' to be upgraded upon arrival. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Nice bathroom amenities. Although we were directly across from the club lounge, which can get noisy with people opening and slamming the club lounge door, it did not bother us as when you shut the door from the bedroom to the living area it shuts out the noise.

Staff was very friendly and helpful during check in and throughout our stay. Needed extra towels and they were delivered within 5 minutes. Drinks and appetizers (wings and shrimp tacos) at the bar were great - service was also excellent. Expected an 'honor' bar at the club lounge but there was no charge for the beer and wine. The appetizers at the club lounge were good, empanadas, corn fritters and good cheese, crackers and fruit. For breakfast at the club lounge they serve a hot item - one morning it was potatoes, which was odd (no eggs). Another morning it was oatmeal. Our last day, Friday, we arrived after most of the breakfast items were consumed, the lady in charge was very gracious and without us asking replenished the breakfast items even though it was almost time to close it out. Breakfast is from 6:30 am to 8:30 am.

We did try the restaurant for breakfast the first morning (due to the potatoes only dish in the lounge). Not being a fan of buffets (12.99 for breakfast buffet), we ordered a la carte (about a dollar or two more expensive than buffet, depending on item). Service was prompt and food was good, but be warned that the servings are huge! Even my 19 year old son could not finish the breakfast quesadilla!

Did not use the shuttle as it only covers to a 3 mile radius.

Overall, excellent stay. We will stay here again when we return to Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Guest beachluv44, We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are making changes every day to accommodate different taste in the breakfast items. please don’t hesitate to tell us what you like the most so we can work on it. I cannot wait to see you soon. Thank You. Amir Qureshi. AGM
Los Angeles, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed here in Feb 2012 for the Bonner Bros event and was pleasantly surprised. I had called for directions from the airport the day before however Onya was too busy to assist with this. That left a sore impression at first but disregarded it and got on the flight out. We arrived in late and the person at the front desk was helpful and awake and assisted us with our bags. After a long flight and drive this was much appreciated. The lobby was nice and they have a business center there for guest.

The room was spacious and well appointed, the television was not working however when I called down to the desk someone was up to fix it quickly and efficiently. The next we had breakfast downstairs and it was good. The food was always well presented and the service was good. I saw the manager helping out the staff and assisting guest and I loved that, you can tell she takes pride and I appreciated that as a guest. We also used the shuttle to take us to the local mall however we had a long wait to return and I had to call 3 times to get picked up, I think this has something to do with Onya again as she placed me on hold several times and did not return to the phone ( she seemed lazy and never wanted to move or check on anything, I only spoke with her on the phone and did not see her, but her attitude was as if she was always too busy and overwhelmed), I was only picked up because Amir answered and personally and came within 10 minutes. He was awesome, a great leader and it shows. The room service was excellent, the best meal I had in a while. I had the steak and potatoes,while nearly $50, I felt it was well worth it. The maid service never came so I cleaned the room myself which was fine as I hate my things moved around but was bewildered that the Sheraton would not have the room serviced by an appropriate time.

I have been to several hotels, however I appreciated the management mostly. They set an example and were willing to go the extra mile for their guest this is where they out-shined most....I would only wish that all the employees they hired would follow suit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Dear Guest Meechie2cute, Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our hospitality. your concern about our staffing issue has been addressed. Thank You, Amir Qureshi. AGM
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I wasn't going to bother to comment on this trip because it was one night and most reviews were nice. I did the survey when we returned and the manager said he would get back to us and never did so here i am. On Check-in front desk was absolutely rude. I wasn't even sure i came in the right door because i wasn't even greeted. Our room was not ready so the male employee said we could go to a room and move when ours was ready. I did not want ot move once settled. He said they could upgrade our suite. I told him i did not want to pay for an upgrade and he laughed in my face and said, Oh, don't worry, you won't. Right then i knew he was going to be a problem. He was arrogant and condescending. You could barely understand the girl at the desk helping him, who he was also rude to while explaining. Housekeeping hung up on her because they could not understand what she was saying. When we got to our room, housekeeping got into an arguemnet outside our door. I opened the door thinking they would get the hint only to get a nasty look. They finally finished vacuuming at 6:00 pm. The next morning we were woken up to the cart crashing into our door. Maybe a coincidence. Our bill was left under the door with of course the extra charge for the upgrade. The only thing that was right about the stay were the two employees at the front desk that morning. They were apologetic and fixed the bill (hopefully). If it weren't for them i would have rated this stay lower. Maybe they should show their manager and other shifts how to be polite. its's a Sheraton not the Ritz. No need to act like you are something you not!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest deemeck, Your comments are very important and we value your feedback. Hotel was full to capacity the previous day so rooms where still getting cleaned and that is why upgrade was offered. I am glad your concerns were addressed the very next day once you had spoken with guest receptions in the morning about the team that checked you in. Please call me at 404-564-3000 to discuss your future reservation. Thank You, Amir Qureshi. AGM
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Put-offs: No room upgrade, no upgrade to a club floor, no lounge access for a Gold (former Platinum) SPG who is putting two small meetings into the hotel. Postives: Residential feel with updated decor and nice rooms. OK fitness center with outdoor, courtyard pool. lounge, and easy access to all that ATL offers. It's a hip, but less hapening Hilton Garden Inn.

I enjoy Starwood proprities. Don't expect much as an elite SPG at this place..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
amirqur, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Guest Nashvilleslaughter, Thank you for staying with us. We value your feedback. You did get upgrade to enhanced room on the SPG floor as a benefit of SPG Gold member, There is extra charge for club lounge however, exception can be made depending on availability. I would like speak with you more about this. Please call me at 678-758-3097. Thank you, Amir Qureshi. AGM

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North? Share your experiences!