“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel has gotten the hospitality game right! They pay attention to all the small details and not one single employee had an attitude. All employees were eager to help and very friendly. Don't look for parking as it's valet only parking, just go around the hotel and pull up on the side!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to come to Atlanta for our 1 year anniversary and wanted to stay downtown in a 4 star hotel. According to the pictures and description online, the Ellis was perfect! Once we saw the room rate we knew it definitely had to be an incredible hotel. At check in the staff was very friendly, but charged us a $100 incidental fee, which I would have like to have known about when I made reservations. We booked a deluxe king and were expecting a great city view but all we can see is a brick building and construction site. The room was tiny. The air conditioning is not cold AT ALL and makes an awful, obnoxious rattling noise. We spoke to the front desk about it and they said that there is nothing they can do about it and all of the rooms sound the same. The bathroom is nice, but it is so small that you can barely turn around in it. Bottom line...we were very disappointed. I would have much rather stayed at a Red Roof Inn for 1/3 of the cost. Would never stay here again. Complete waste of money.

• Stayed April 2014
South Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

While in town for a Braves game my husband and I decided to stay here to be close to
Turner Field. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and it sounded really nice.
Maybe I expect too much~I was disappointed. We had to drive around the block 3 times on a Tuesday at 1pm to get a space reserved on the street for Valet parking. Can't imagine what this is like on a weekend or at 5pm. The front desk was very friendly and they did let us check in early which was nice.
The hotel has had a renovation apparently but some of the furnishings look cheap and worn out.
The room we were in 1104 was super small. Over 1/2 of the room has no ceiling light so it is really hard to see. The bathroom is nice but there was no shampoo and the bed is comfortable.
Honestly it just wasn't special and I would not go again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Good Afternoon,
My apologies-I just discovered I never replied to your review. Thank you so much for your stay with us back in April. I apologize that your experience didn't meet your expectations-it sounds like we missed some details. I am glad you enjoyed the service by the front desk and the confort of the bed. If you do choose to give us another opportunity to impress you, please contact me personally and I will make sure you love your room!
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I made a mistake by thinking this hotel was comparable to the Ritz, Westin or Marquis. My expectations were high, now they are tempered (not squashed). It's not any of those, mainly because of the physical issues. From a service perspective they are as good or better.

On the plus side: great value for the money; friendly service; very good food; excellent location. Troy, the valet was awesome. Sylvester in the restaurant knew my preferences and provided spot-on service.

Disappointments: The room was worn. Furniture had many cup stains, scratches and dents. The bathroom mirror had a 2 foot crack, taped over. There were chips in the tub and the towels are ready for replacement. The A/C couldn't keep it cool and it was only April.

It was a close call as to whether this was "average" or "very good",

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your stay with us back in April. I apologize to reply so late-I just discovered I never responded to your review. I just wanted to thank you for froviding feedback. I also wanted to mention that we also find it unacceptable for a room to have a broken mirror; however we either had to use that room because of a sold-out situation or we put you in that room by mistake. Please accept my apology.
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

best part was the beds were comfortable. Make sure to call for your car about 30 mins before you need it because its a long wait if you don't. I followed this tip and was happy it worked as there were a few people waiting for cars that were surprised when I came down and jumped right in my car. Some bad things were that it seems the front desk doesn't know any "local attractions", which was weird. The hotel could use some freshening up. The bathroom was just ok, and not as clean as I would have liked with mold stains and its kind of tight. over all I would have liked it to be more but it was just ok. I am glad I tried it but probably won't be back. Also, maintenance needs to pick up. handle in left elevator is loose and can pinch fingers.

Area seems to be ok. Nice restaurants around and a walk (15mins) to coca-cola factory and aquarium.

Room Tip: make sure to call for you r car 30 mins beforehand
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for posting about your experience-we value all feedback, as it helps us learn what areas need improvement. I apologize that you encountered an associate that wasn't knowledgeable about things to do in the area. I will make sure we review some of those things next time we hold a training. Thank you for pointing out the items that need attention of our maintenance/housekeeping teams. I will send you a private message requesting the room number you stayed in to ensure the issues have been fixed.
Thank you again for your recent stay with us and for your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel was decent for the location. In my head 4 stars would offer a bit more. Positives: Reese the doorman was wonderful...get him a raise! Some of the staff was new so not really helpful with some issues. For instance never was able to rent a movie from the TV and they couldn't articulate how. The parking leaves much to be desired, but it is downtown. The garage across the street is more expensive on weekends please read the full disclosure before you park. Bed was comfortable a quaint experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback. I apologize you weren't able to enjoy a movie-I will make sure my staff is weel trained on that topic. Thank you for the kind words about Reese-can't wait to share it with him!
We certainly hope to see you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Olya Rostova
Hoschton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

As always, the Staff at The Ellis Hotel on Peachtree Street in Atlanta makes the stay warm and inviting. They consistently go over and aboard with excellent customer service and care for their guests. After repeated stays at this terrific Hotel, I continue to be amazed each time I stay with them.

Room Tip: Each room in which I have stayed was terrific.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your loyalty-we also truly enjoy having you as a guest when you're in town. I can't wait to share your review with the entire team! We hope to see you again soon.
Olya

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!