“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gadsden, Alabama
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved the friendly staff, awesome view from our 15th floor room, and the location. Lots of road construction right on front of the hotel, but I called and asked where to go and the girl was very helpful. Would definitely go back if we get the chance.

• Stayed August 2013
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear you liked the view from the 15th floor. We hope to have you as a guest again soon, now that the construction has cleared.

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed for three nights on a business trip and while the rooms are on the small side, they were very nice and very clean. The front desk staff was exceptional! Super friendly and helpful. There are a lot of great restuarants within walking distance. And while I had heard rumors of "ghosts", i didn't have any strange experiences so they must not be on the 5th floor!

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us-we hope to be come your "home away from home" when you come to Atlanta on business. Thank you for the kind words about our staff.
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Ellis Hotel whilst doing a tour of Georgia. The hotel is very central and quiet, even though there`s some disruption to the outside by the laying of tracks for the new trolley. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. I`d like to single out Calvin Troy and Tim who were all wonderful. We also really enjoyed sitting out on the terrace between 5.30 and 6 for Wine Down... a great way to chill out after a hard day`s sightseeing.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for the kind words about Calvin, Troy and Tim-I can't wait to share your review with them. I'm glad you enjoyed both the comfort of the room and the location. We look forward to have you as a guest again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My stay at the Ellis was highlighted by the courteousness and helpfulness of the staff. Notably, front deskman, Ryan and valet, Mohammed. Both helped me get around the immediate area (via walking) and I felt, genuinely interested in making my Ellis experience a good one. My room was very clean and perfect for a working stay.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear your comments about Ryan and Mohammed-I will share it with them. We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Unfortunately, we didn't stay at the Ellis this trip, but will definitely do so next time. We did eat at the restaurant, where we had the best meal while in Atlanta at the best value. Our server, Ryan provided truly superior service, making this our favorite dining experience during our stay. Due to the restaurant staff, we have checked out the hotel, and plan to book there for our next trip to market. Great location, excellent dining, nice rooms, great value and most important in our decision, the best service we have had... Thanks for making us feel catered to!

• Stayed July 2013
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and the service Ryan was able to provide! Thank you for considering staying with us during your next trip to Atlanta. We look forward to having you as a guest.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Ellis is a decent enough hotel in a very desirable location, but it is definitely not up to par with other Hotels in this price range. The staff were exceptional, but the rooms were unremarkable and even in need of some repair. This hotel would suffice if necessary, but would not be a first choice.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was lighted to hear that your found our location convenient and the staff accommodating. Thank you for your feedback regarding the rooms, as it gives us as opportunity to improve. If you would be so kind to provide any details concerning the room it would be very helpful. We certainly hope that you return to enjoy the Ellis during your next visit to Atlanta.
Woodworth, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I don't travel to Atlanta very often, but this week I had the opportunity to stay at the Ellis Hotel in downtown Atlanta, and was happy with my stay.
The staff was courteous and helpful throughout my stay. I have to especially commend the bartender, Tim, who made me feel immediately at home. Tim also saved me a truckload of cash on my travel throughout the city with helpful advice.
I will stay here again on future trips to downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: front of hotel has nice view.