“Ellis Hotel- Nice property, great location, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA   |
Ranked #25 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta
“Ellis Hotel- Nice property, great location, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First, staff is top notch (thanks Olya and Calvin! Forgot the valet guy's name, but he was super).
Checked in on a Friday. Had free appetizers and $1 wine at the bar for happy hour. Bartender friendly just like everyone else. Room was nicely appointed, everything worked as expected, and shower was nice. Close to several places in the area such as the Hard Rock, and the Metro Cafe Diner (place was CRAZY at 2:30am!).
Only drawback was the construction noise on the street. I consider that only a temporary nuisance till the street work gets finished. Other than that it is a "5".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for the kind words-I will definitely share this with Calvin. I was delighted to hear that you had a great time in Atlanta. Thank you for your patience with the road construction while the City of Atlanta is going through the Streetcar Project. We are all very excited about it and cannot wait for it to be finished! Thank you for your business!

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We took our kids for a weekend trip to Atlanta. We wanted to visit the aquarium and the coca cola museum. I booked the hotel on priceline because they were offering a deal. When I arrived, I found the hotel to be modern and elegant. This hotel also meets the expectations of many people whi travel to the south because it has a flair foe southern hospitality. My room was very nice also. The only problem was with my shower. The device that switches from shower to tub had bwen damaged. The only problem with this was that my youngest child has to take a bath because she is not old enough for a shower. Mrs. Nicole at the front desk made everything right for us. She upgraded our accomodations at no cost to me.

The next morning, we sent for our car. While talking to the valet, he suggested thay we load our bags into our vehicle and take a taxi to the aquarium. This was due to the cost of parking passes. When our vehicle was brought around, our bags were loaded and our car was sent back for parking. The valet hailed a taxi for us and saw to it that the driver took care of everything that we needed. The valet even saw to it that we were properly checked out of the hotel.

In the end, this hotel is probably one of the nicer ones in the downtown ATL area. The location is great as well as the rooms and atmosphere. However I believe that the best part of my experience is the wonderful staff employeed at this hotel. The owners of tye ellis should be proud of their employees. They work very hard to make sure that their guests are treated like family. I will definitely be returning to the Ellis hotel. Thanks to all of you; you were great!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I was very happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your recent stay and for the kind words-I will definitely share this with Nickole.
We hope to have you as a guest again next time you're in Atlanta.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place has far more character than a Hilton or a Hampton. It's quite obvious that they cultivate a staff awareness of being friendly and helpful. I stayed there because I was down for a quick business trip and realized that if I got a hotel by the MARTA subway I could go straight from aiport terminal to hotel and not have the hassle of renting a car. It worked like a charm. I also really like to have windows that open (due to allergies). They have that too in some of the rooms. To top it all off they had some good vegetarian food in the restaurant. I'll be back!

Hello,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. Using MARTA is definitely a great convenience, considering our location, especially when traveling on business. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at the Ellis were wonderful. Everyone from the valet, the front desk, the dining staff were genuinely friendly and courteous. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom amenities a plus. The hotel is near restaurants and a short cab ride to the ballpark. The breakfast buffet on Sunday morning was delicious - made to order omelets, pastries, biscuits and gravy... I will definitely stay at the Ellis my next time though Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,
I appreciate your kind feedback and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your review with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us. In particular, I know that our entire staff will be very grateful for your recognition of their genuine Southern Hospitality...it's something that we really pride ourselves on.
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and it was really great! The hotel probably has the most friendly staff ever! Every single person always had a smile on their face, greeted you and helped you with everything. Also hotel is located in the middle of Atlanta close to everything. We will definitely choose the same hotel when in Atlanta next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about our staff-I can't wait to share your review with the rest of the team!
We will certainly be glad to have you back next time you visit Atlanta.
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our first time staying at The Ellis after coming to Atlanta several times on business and usually staying at the well-known chain hotels, I prefer this experience so much more! Smaller hotel so it's a more personalized experience. Friendly staff. Hip, modern and sleek boutique luxury. And in the heart of downtown Atlanta close to everything. Loved it! Will definitely stay here again.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us- we pride ourselves on personalized service and I'm glad to hear you experienced it. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Atlanta, whether for business or pleasure.
Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great location in Downtown Atlanta and close to everything! The Marta is literally right around the corner. The room was very comfortable, the view great and we loved the shower. Very friendly staff. We enjoyed the happy hour as well!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review us-and for the kind words. I was glad to hear you found our location convenient. We hope to have you back as a guest soon!
Olya

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!