“Diane N” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Diane N”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I often meet friends for dinner in Atlanta and spend the night in town. This was our first stay at The Ellis. The staff was awesome. They always had smiles on their faces and aimed to please. The great service started immediately upon our arrival with our room being upgraded without our asking. The room was clean-came with a refrig and lots of towels. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
The entire Staff & Management was so very happy to hear how great yours and your husbands first stay was at the Ellis Hotel ! Our staff takes great pride in offering attentive friendly service to all our guests. We are very glad that you will definitely come back and we will look forward to welcoming you both back again in the very near future.

855 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having to ask our travel agency to book a room for me at a moment’s notice, I have to admit I was a bit leery when the reservation was made for the Ellis Hotel as I’d not heard of it prior to this stay. Well, the Ellis Hotel was absolutely wonderful . . . and lived up to its slogan. . .”Let us surprise you” as it unequivocally did pleasantly surprise me. The staff was so very helpful especially Sam, the valet. Having been unfamiliar with the area, I was about to turn the wrong way down a one-way street and Sam waved...bringing it to my attention. He offered to ride in my vehicle with me so he could direct me to where I needed to be as there was so much road construction going on in the downtown area at the time. After he’d parked my vehicle, I realized I’d left my eyeglass on the console and he was most gracious in retrieving them for me. The bellhop, Calvin, was so inviting and welcomed me to the establishment with his bright smile and pleasant demeanor making me feel very special. Check-in was a breeze and the room was lovely, clean and nicely decorated. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant that evening and was very pleased with the delicious meal and excellent service. When checking out the next day, Brenethe, made sure my luggage was held securely until after my meeting that afternoon and when I returned to retrieve it the staff made me feel like I was still a welcomed special guest. I’d highly recommend extraordinary peach on Peachtree in downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the third floor near the elevator...very convenient to the fitness area & business cente...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us, I'm glad we were able to "surprise" you-this is what we like most about working here! I will definitely share your comments with Sam, Calvin and the rest of the staff!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I live in Atlanta and frequently enjoy local "staycations". We booked a room at the Ellis Hotel for our 7-year anniversary and had a wonderful experience. We arrived early before our scheduled checkin, and decided to have a drink at the bar. We made conversation about our anniversary with Tracey (Dir of Sales of the hotel) who helped make our hotel experience very special. Our interaction with every hotel staff employee (Nickole at the front desk, Chaucey at the bell stand, or even Terry from room service) was met with a wonderful attitude and honest desire to help us have a great stay. We will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon-thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on this special occasion. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience and that we were able to make it special. Thank you for the kinds words-I can't wait to share your review with the rest of the team! We look forward to your return next year:)
Auburn, Alabama, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The service is unacceptable. The dates of the room were called in advance to be changed and we were told by the staff that the hotel would be able to accommodate us. Once we arrived at check-in the staff told us that they could not accommodate us and there was nothing they could do. Once we arrived to our room the water was extremely cloudy, the room was extremely small, not as big as advertised. The only bright side to this hotel is the bellman and valet. Their service was amazing.

• Stayed March 2013
Good Afternoon,
I was very concerned to read your comments regarding your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies-this is certainly not how we do business . I would like to have an opportunity to correct it-please contact me directly, so that we can discuss.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was a really cute boutique hotel that I had never visited or heard of, and I'm glad we chose it. The rooms were actually a decent size and very nicely decorated. Everything was clean, and I like that they provide Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities. My door made a strange noise every 20 minutes or so that sounded like someone was putting a card in the reader (it wasn't - I checked more than once!), but I could only hear it from the bathroom, not the bedroom area. I didn't like having to cross the street and park in a public garage, but it was much more economical than paying forced valet parking, as at several other hotels. The front desk, room service and housekeeping staff were all extremely (and genuinely) friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road to avoid noise from pedestrians and traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Good morning, I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the noise your lock was making, we will fix the issue as soon as we can determine its location. Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, please come back and see us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent a long weekend here and loved the room, location, vibe and staff.

My husband had to travel for business, so we decided to make a long weekend of it. If you love the vibe of a hip boutique hotel, this is the place for you!

The lobby and elevator are chic as is the comfy room.
The staff is outstanding - so friendly and helpful - it felt like home the first day.

And the location! The MARTA station is steps away and the downtown location is central to all.

Only complaint is that the bathroom is dark. It would be great to have more light for getting ready, applying makeup, etc. But that wouldn't stop us from staying again.

If you're a light sleeper, mention that at the desk as the outside noise might be a problem.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a quiet room for sleeping if you're a light sleeper.
Good Morning,
Thank you for your stay with us and for the kind words about our staff! I'm looking forward to sharing your comments with the rest of the team. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to seeing you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was in Atlanta for a work trip during the first week in March. The Ellis Hotel was 5 minutes from my conference at the Sheraton (I don't like to stay in the conference hotel typically).

The only issue was the road construction going on the entire time (it's rumored to go on through summer). It's not the fault of the hotel but even from one of the top floors all I could hear was jack hammering. :(

I thought the breakfast was something special. I travel a lot and the breakfast buffet was lovely. There was even an omelet station (they made me scrambled eggs). The coffee was the best around.

It's easy to walk from the hotel to go to lunch or dinner. You do not need to rent a car. I found the room clean and the hotel very safe for someone traveling alone (need a key card to go up in elevator--I like that feature).

If only other hotel staff members were as nice as the ones at this hotel!

Room Tip: the spa never called me back. They left me a voice mail with some special rates on the day I was fly...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you for your recent stay with us and for this informative review-I'm sure many tripadvisor visitors will find it helpful. I was delighted to hear your enjoyed your breakfast and found our location comfortable. I would also like to thank you for praising our staff-they will be very excited when I share this with them!
We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Olya

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!