“Amazing Staff and High Quality Environment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing Staff and High Quality Environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed here on a whim and whoa was it worth it. The staff that operates this hotel is incredibly friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay downtown and enjoy a historical building over the copy and paste hotels.

Room Tip: Higher the better. We were on floor 3 and we were subject to some road noise, but none that was inco...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear gatorfanryan, thank you so much for your recent stay with us and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff will be glad to hear the kind words you left about them. We hope to see you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Olya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great downtown hotel, with excellent and friendly staff. Yes, smallish rooms but that's to be expected in old downtown building. Restaurant also very nice -- excellent local-source concept and execution, currently located on lobby level in bar area while main dining room being refurbed so it will be even better when that's done.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mentone7, I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us-thank you for your business. And thank you for your patience while we're building the new meeting space. We hope to see you back in the nearest future!
Sincerely
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Zipped into Atlanta to see a show at the Theatrical Outfit (great show, by the way ... "Fly"). Found the hotel on the theater's website. $99, right in the middle of things; nice hotel. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Some rooms, I think, have a better view than mine did. See if you can get a view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear AlecH, we welcome all friends of the Theatrical Oufit-I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this great special rate and enjoyed the show. Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your feedback-we hope to see you again next time your passion for theater brings you downtown.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I must quickly reiterate what every review states - the staff at this hotel is simply amazing. They front desk ladies felt like old friends - they were helpful, honest and amazingly personable. I felt so comfortable with the entire stay at the hotel and their efforts alone would be enough to have me return. Now - on to my review.

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel October 12-14, 2012 and was in town for a romantic getaway/birthday weekend/Falcons football game (random, I know). Immediately after landing at the airport, we sped over to the Exhale Spa in the Loews Hotel (which was incredible - highly recommended) and then checked in at the Ellis. The check in was a breeze - our room was ready right away and there were rose petals on the bed as part of the romance package. The only thing I will say about the rose petals is that they were artificial and I wasn't entirely sure what to do with them after the initial excitement of being super romantic wore off. Did the hotel want them back? Should they be thrown away? Would anyone be coming back to take them off the bed? I surely didnt want to sleep amidst the scratchy petals. But I'm sure if I had actually asked a staff member, they would have let me know the answers to any questions. We just brushed them off the bed and kept moving - off to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles!!!

The location of this hotel was amazing - everything was truly within walking distance and I never felt the need to get my car out of the garage. We walked to Gladys Knights, Benihana, the Georgia Dome and the Olympic Centennial Park. You can also easily walk to the Georgia Aquarium and Coca-Cola World. In addition, we walked to this place called 'the Underground' which had a ton of shops and kiosks to buy things like clothes, hats, shoes and even ridiculously gaudy I'm-a-rapper-trying-to-be-ridiculous jewelry. Also, if you are visiting the ATL and staying at this hotel, you must stop into the Metro Diner for a meal. They are open all night and the food is outstanding. We discovered this little gem on a previous trip to Atlanta and to find that it is only one street over from the Ellis - Fabulous! It has now become a must-visit for us everytime we are in town.

Now, back to the hotel. As part of the romance package, we had free valet parking (which is AWESOME because the street is so narrow and the area is a bit congested). We were also privy to a delicious room service breakfast EVERY MORNING (bacon/sausage, grits, toast, eggs and juice every day? Yes Please!) and chocolate covered strawberries accompanied by a bottle of champagne every night. While I would have actually preferred vodka over the champagne, I gladly sipped a small glass every night while punishing the strawberries. The room was decently sized - a little tight compared to other rooms I've been in but still with enough space for the two of us to move around. I appreciated the glass shower door and minimalist bathroom styling; however, the shower door was missing a little something to prevent the door from slamming/banging. I thought about this - perhaps it is missing a rubber sweep on the bottom of the door. Regardless, I just closed the door gently when showering and kept it moving.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again. It was comfortable, the staff was great and the package I selected was awesome. I think I will ask them to hold the rose petals though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear keeping_it_100, thank you so much for great feedback-I'm sure a lot of travelers will find your review most helpful. I was proud to read the notes about the front desk staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts to continuously improve guest satisfaction: we strive to do the best job we can, and reviews like yours make it all worthwhile. We certainly hope to see you back soon!
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the sales manager, front desk staff and the concierge service to the bartender, the service was second to none. In the time my company stayed at the Ellis, people were calling us by our first name and we developed great relationships that will last into the future. I have never met a more courteous staff, professional and on the ball with everything. The rooms were fantastic, probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in during my travels - and the pillows were nice and fluffy! The location is excellent and right on the strip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Laura S, Thank you so much for your recent stay and for the wonderful feedback-I will be sure to share it with all staff members. I'm glad to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay and looking forward to having you next time you're in Atlanta!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The staff was amazing. Very friendly and accommodating. They made you feel right at home. Great food, very relaxing atmosphere. You would be hard press to find another Hotel that goes so far out of their way to make sure you stay was only the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dale S,
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. We take all feedback very seriously and I can't wait to share your comments with the rest of the team. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent our anniversary night here because we went here for dinner 1 night and loved the decor so we were curious about how the rooms looked. The room was beautiful and we had champagne waiting for us (they forgot to decorate the room with rose petals). The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds i have ever slept in. They had robes in the closet so we could get comfortable. The only issue was when it was time to go to sleep. Our room was on the front side of the hotel and they do not have double pane windows. We heard everything outside! There was some annoying voice on the intercom all night! We GOT NO SLEEP AT ALL! we did feel better when our wonderful breakfast in bed was delivered and the management was nice enough to credit us for some of the night. We will stay here again but we have to stay on the quiet side of the hotel. Otherwise, the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trina-Atlanta, thank you for your recent stay and for the feedback. I would like to offer my apologies for us missing the rose petal service. I am also sorry you were bothered by the noise-we will be glad to get you a room on the other side of the building next time you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Olya

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!