“Super Friendly Staff and Convenient Location!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA   |
Ranked #55 of 176 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Super Friendly Staff and Convenient Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel is clean and modern looking. Front desk staff and bellman are very personable especially Calvin and Nicole. The G.M. was also great and made us feel very welcome. This is something you get staying at a larger chain. The beds are soooooo comfortable. All in all a perfect spot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Happy to hear your short stay with us was a great one. I will pass along your kind words regarding the service you recieved from Calvin of our bell staff and Nichole our front desk supervisor on to them. We are glad to have had the chance to make you a friend of the Ellis and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

What a fabulous experience!. Their tag line is “Let us surprise you” and it fits to a “T”. When I was planning our trip, to Atlanta, I began to explore the options downtown. Everything was really expensive, but then a search on Hotels.com yielded The Ellis for $108 per night. I did some more research and found that it was actually less expensive to go directly to the hotel’s site. After I made my reservation at $100 per night, Sunday through Wednesday, I received an email confirmation asking if I was celebrating anything special. I replied that it was my after graduation trip and forgot all about it. When we checked in, the front desk clerk congratulated me, but the biggest surprise was that they gave us a fantastic room on the 16th floor with a phenomenal city view from two sides. The room was not huge, but it had plenty of space. Although the windows were double pane, we could still here the typical city noises, like sirens. The bathroom was updated with granite counters and an oversized enclosed shower. There was a mini-fridge. A microwave would have been a nice addition. I appreciated the fact that the hotel recycles and had receptacles for both trash and recycling by the elevators. There was free wi-fi with a router/access point in the room. The hotel was located a block and a half from Peachtree Center which had a CVS pharmacy and a large food court. It was an easy half mile walk north to the Aquarium, Coca Cola and CNN and a half mile to the south to the Underground, and eclectic array of interesting shops. It’s across the street from the Ritz Carlton with room rates more than double.
Valet parking is $25 day with in and out privileges. When added to the low nightly rate, it was still a bargain (city meters are $2 per hour). There is a restaurant in the hotel that looked nice, but we didn’t try it. Every staff member was friendly and courteous. When we called to the front desk with minor problems, such as burned out light bulbs, maintenance was there within 5 minutes with a speedy replacement. The Ellis was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had and at a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank realst8ace
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I am so very glad your experience at the Ellis was a fabulous one and that you found that we truly did lived up to our tag line "To Let Us Suprise You"! Our friendly & caring staff members really do try to go above & beyond showing each and every guest how very important they are to us! We look forward to your return to the Ellis Hotel in the future and thank you for the oppertunity to serve you.
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was here on business. This hotel is 30 minutes by the train from the airport. It is a straight shot and the train is clean and safe so no worries. When you get off the train, once you get oriented its about 2 or 3 avenue blocks to the hotel. It sits caddy corner to the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is not very large which I like. I was in Atlanta for a national conference. The designated hotels were the Hilton and the Marriott but those hotels are too big and service is lost. The smaller hotels are more customer oriented. The Ellis Hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean. Free wifi was available. Unlike some other higher end chains, this hotel does provide a coffee maker in the room. The bathroom is fairly small. The shower had a leak which flooded the bathroom floor each time I showered. I didn't care too much. I didn't want to move and didn't want anyone in my room while I was gone. The hotel offers cocktails in the evening. I believe you get two free drinks with a drink card. There is a restaurant that service breakfast as well.

Other thoughts about the room. It always felt like a window was open because the room seemed a bit cool always. Also, my room faced the street and it was fairly noisy on friday and saturday night.

For business this hotel is nice enough. It is inexpensive, offers all the required amenities for business. The exercise room is small but good enough. FYI they do offer free gym access at a fitness center about two or three blocks down the road if you want more of a gym experience. Also there is no pool. I made a mistake under the rating and could not correct it. I wouldn't complain if I had to stay here again. Looking back on my rating I wouldn't change it. I guess it was small things about the room that bothered me enough to not say very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Glad to hear you felt our rooms were clean and our staff was very friendly and attentive to your needs.Thank you also for letting us know about the items that needed further attention in your room. We are currently fixing the shower issue and have also requested that our Engineering Department checks the windows you mentioned to ensure all are tightly closed. I would love the chance in the future to welcome you back to show you just how very much we value your business and take your feed back to heart!.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ellis for our anniversary in November. We realized that the hotel had an excellent reputation for business travel, but were very impressed with their Green efforts, so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We typically stay in Hilton family hotels, so the room was on the smaller side for us. The bathroom was clean, and the shower was exceptional. (Of note to me was the immediate presence of hot water.)

Front desk and valet staff were exemplary. The TV lacked a bit to be desired, but we aren't big TV watchers, so this was a minor issue for us.

Given the price and preceding expectations, there were a few finishing details that I would not have expected to be lacking in a hotel of this caliber. For example, frayed/loose carpet edges, grouting issues in the bathroom, spots on the ceiling. All completely aesthetic issues, but at $200 a night, you're paying for aesthetics, right?

Overall a great location, great hotel, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff-I will be sure to share this review with the rest of the team.
I apologize for the details we missed while inspecting the room before your arrival-we hope to have you back soon so that we can have an opportunity to please you with aesthetics!
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Tortuga, Pinar del Rio, Cuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A business associate introduced me to the Terrace during a recent trip to Atlanta. We had breakfast and lunch daily at the restaurant, and to my surprise, the food was fabulous! With reasonably priced menu items and tasty homemade bread and jam, I looked forward to the meals as well as the smiling faces of the staff. Jacqueline's friendly and warm style helped us ease into our daily routine of coffee and eggs! Our every wish was granted by her and the rest of the staff at the Terrace!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will let our staff know just how very much you enjoyed our food and service at the Terrace. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is located in a great spot. You can walk to or take the local subway to many major attractions include MLK Memorial, Georgia Dome and Phillips Arena Centre events. The subway stop from the airport is minutes from the hotel. We had a premium room which was nicely detailed. The hotel and dining room staff were attentive, the food served was good and the concierge does a good job. Our stay was Friday through Monday morning - part business/part tourist.

I was however disappointed with the level of noise on my floor after 11pm when Peachtree St. revellers started returning to the hotel. I am talking about people shouting after they got off the elevator and continuing loud conversations in their room after slamming the door to their room; this went on til late. The only quiet night was Sunday night.

After my stay, I emailed the Ellis Hotel management to comment and inquire as to whether we'd picked a weekend with plenty of events going on locally. The Ellis management responded quickly commenting my stay was truly unfortunate and that Madonna, the Atlanta Falcons, Georgia State football and a city-wide medical convention were all local to the hotel during
my stay.

Unfortunate, next time I'll stay with a chain hotel in Midtown Atlanta - the local events and their patrons were just too close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear CdnIrishRover, Thank you for your recent stay with us-I'm glad you liked our location and enjoyed the food and the attention from our staff.
I do apologize for the noisy guests that were staying on your floor-it was a very busy weekend and all events resulted in many guests being out late and making noise. I certainly do hope you stay with us again on a quiter weekend and experience the tranquility and good rest that so many guests find at the Ellis.
Warm regards,
Olya
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Ellis hotel, I was greeted with big smiles and helpful hands! Although, my stay was short the valet was quick and attentive and remembered me by name! I had a little trouble with a button and the desk clerk handled the problem with ease and handed me a sewing kit. She could tell I had a stressful day and limited time! She helped me with a quick hair style in the back office and escorted me to my room. There I found a beautiful, clean and spacious room with a wonderful view! I have zero complaints about this boutique hotel. When I was ready to leave the valet once again remembering me by name got my car to me in less than 5 minutes which is impressive in Atlanta traffic during a sporting event and all the one way streets!! A+ hotel! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so very much for your A+ rateing of the Ellis Hotel. Your recomandation means so very much to me and our staff. We know you have many hotel options in Altantal and I am so very glad to have you as one of our loyal guests! We all look forward to welcoming you back with open arms!