“Excellent experience, but a few little details...” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #36 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bristol, Tennessee
“Excellent experience, but a few little details...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Ellis for our anniversary in November. We realized that the hotel had an excellent reputation for business travel, but were very impressed with their Green efforts, so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We typically stay in Hilton family hotels, so the room was on the smaller side for us. The bathroom was clean, and the shower was exceptional. (Of note to me was the immediate presence of hot water.)

Front desk and valet staff were exemplary. The TV lacked a bit to be desired, but we aren't big TV watchers, so this was a minor issue for us.

Given the price and preceding expectations, there were a few finishing details that I would not have expected to be lacking in a hotel of this caliber. For example, frayed/loose carpet edges, grouting issues in the bathroom, spots on the ceiling. All completely aesthetic issues, but at $200 a night, you're paying for aesthetics, right?

Overall a great location, great hotel, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff-I will be sure to share this review with the rest of the team.
I apologize for the details we missed while inspecting the room before your arrival-we hope to have you back soon so that we can have an opportunity to please you with aesthetics!
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Tortuga, Pinar del Rio, Cuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A business associate introduced me to the Terrace during a recent trip to Atlanta. We had breakfast and lunch daily at the restaurant, and to my surprise, the food was fabulous! With reasonably priced menu items and tasty homemade bread and jam, I looked forward to the meals as well as the smiling faces of the staff. Jacqueline's friendly and warm style helped us ease into our daily routine of coffee and eggs! Our every wish was granted by her and the rest of the staff at the Terrace!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will let our staff know just how very much you enjoyed our food and service at the Terrace. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is located in a great spot. You can walk to or take the local subway to many major attractions include MLK Memorial, Georgia Dome and Phillips Arena Centre events. The subway stop from the airport is minutes from the hotel. We had a premium room which was nicely detailed. The hotel and dining room staff were attentive, the food served was good and the concierge does a good job. Our stay was Friday through Monday morning - part business/part tourist.

I was however disappointed with the level of noise on my floor after 11pm when Peachtree St. revellers started returning to the hotel. I am talking about people shouting after they got off the elevator and continuing loud conversations in their room after slamming the door to their room; this went on til late. The only quiet night was Sunday night.

After my stay, I emailed the Ellis Hotel management to comment and inquire as to whether we'd picked a weekend with plenty of events going on locally. The Ellis management responded quickly commenting my stay was truly unfortunate and that Madonna, the Atlanta Falcons, Georgia State football and a city-wide medical convention were all local to the hotel during
my stay.

Unfortunate, next time I'll stay with a chain hotel in Midtown Atlanta - the local events and their patrons were just too close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear CdnIrishRover, Thank you for your recent stay with us-I'm glad you liked our location and enjoyed the food and the attention from our staff.
I do apologize for the noisy guests that were staying on your floor-it was a very busy weekend and all events resulted in many guests being out late and making noise. I certainly do hope you stay with us again on a quiter weekend and experience the tranquility and good rest that so many guests find at the Ellis.
Warm regards,
Olya
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Ellis hotel, I was greeted with big smiles and helpful hands! Although, my stay was short the valet was quick and attentive and remembered me by name! I had a little trouble with a button and the desk clerk handled the problem with ease and handed me a sewing kit. She could tell I had a stressful day and limited time! She helped me with a quick hair style in the back office and escorted me to my room. There I found a beautiful, clean and spacious room with a wonderful view! I have zero complaints about this boutique hotel. When I was ready to leave the valet once again remembering me by name got my car to me in less than 5 minutes which is impressive in Atlanta traffic during a sporting event and all the one way streets!! A+ hotel! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your A+ rateing of the Ellis Hotel. Your recomandation means so very much to me and our staff. We know you have many hotel options in Altantal and I am so very glad to have you as one of our loyal guests! We all look forward to welcoming you back with open arms!
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Ellis Hotel is in a convenient location, within walking distance to the major touristic attractions (World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium and CNN Center). The staff was attentive and efficient at the reception desk. The room was clean and well decorated. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glad to here you felt that the Ellis Hotel was a very convenient location for your recent stay. Being right Downtown on Peachtree Street we are literally walking distance to all of the major attractions and also many located in Midtown such as the Fox Theatre. Having a MARTA station located next to our hotel makes for a great way to get around! I was also pleased that you found our staff attentive to your needs and that your room was perfect. We strive to ensure that all our guest can recommend us when staying in Atlanta and look forward to welcoming you back upon you next stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Had room on 7th floor front facing. Room was very clean, decor was beautiful. Bed sheets were super soft, bed wasn't too stiff, pillows varied in fluffiness for all types of comfort levels. Did have some noise from traffic but it was eliminated by turning on the air conditioning fan. Staff was helpful and friendly. Food was good, staff attentive but food service slow (took 45 minutes for French toast and only three other tables were taken). Location was excellent. Loved the free wine down. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Richard K, Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Happy to hear you were Impressed with your stay here at the Ellis Hotel. I will personally let our staff members know about you comments from your stay so that we can continue to improve and keep giving exceptional service to all our guests! I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fulton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Ellis Hotel in Atlanta. The hotel is located on Peachtree St. right near the Peachtree Center mall and directly opposite the Ritz-Carlton and the Peachtree Center MARTA station.

We found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. The hotel rooms are a bit on the small side, but very comfortable with a really nice bathroom (which included a great glass-door shower). The king-size bed was very comfortable. The flat screen TV had lots of channel choices, many of which were in HD. The hotel is an easy 10-minute walk to the Georgia World Convention Center and the CNN Center. It's a few minutes walk farther to the Georgia Aquarium and the new World of Coca-Cola. We parked our car with the valet, and did not need it for the two days we spent in Atlanta (though we did have to pay $25 per night for the valet parking). There is no self-parking option.

Our only complaint was that the hotel did not have wi-fi access in all the rooms. Only a few "deluxe" king-size rooms had wi-fi. The other rooms (including ours) had only wired internet access. Unfortunately, we had only iPads and a MacBook Air, neither of which have an ethernet port. So our only option was to head downstairs to the lounge or lobby. We occasionally were able to pick up the wireless signal from a nearby deluxe room, but it was spotty and unreliable. We were not aware of this until we arrived.

We liked the hotel very much, and it was a much less expensive and nicer option than the Westin (just up the street). I would have given it five stars, but the internet problems cost it that last star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid the nighttime noise from traffic on Peachtree St.