“Amazing, will stay here again and recommend to friends!” 5 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #34 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Amazing, will stay here again and recommend to friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Ellis hotel, I was greeted with big smiles and helpful hands! Although, my stay was short the valet was quick and attentive and remembered me by name! I had a little trouble with a button and the desk clerk handled the problem with ease and handed me a sewing kit. She could tell I had a stressful day and limited time! She helped me with a quick hair style in the back office and escorted me to my room. There I found a beautiful, clean and spacious room with a wonderful view! I have zero complaints about this boutique hotel. When I was ready to leave the valet once again remembering me by name got my car to me in less than 5 minutes which is impressive in Atlanta traffic during a sporting event and all the one way streets!! A+ hotel! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your A+ rateing of the Ellis Hotel. Your recomandation means so very much to me and our staff. We know you have many hotel options in Altantal and I am so very glad to have you as one of our loyal guests! We all look forward to welcoming you back with open arms!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Ellis Hotel is in a convenient location, within walking distance to the major touristic attractions (World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium and CNN Center). The staff was attentive and efficient at the reception desk. The room was clean and well decorated. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glad to here you felt that the Ellis Hotel was a very convenient location for your recent stay. Being right Downtown on Peachtree Street we are literally walking distance to all of the major attractions and also many located in Midtown such as the Fox Theatre. Having a MARTA station located next to our hotel makes for a great way to get around! I was also pleased that you found our staff attentive to your needs and that your room was perfect. We strive to ensure that all our guest can recommend us when staying in Atlanta and look forward to welcoming you back upon you next stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Had room on 7th floor front facing. Room was very clean, decor was beautiful. Bed sheets were super soft, bed wasn't too stiff, pillows varied in fluffiness for all types of comfort levels. Did have some noise from traffic but it was eliminated by turning on the air conditioning fan. Staff was helpful and friendly. Food was good, staff attentive but food service slow (took 45 minutes for French toast and only three other tables were taken). Location was excellent. Loved the free wine down. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Richard K, Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Happy to hear you were Impressed with your stay here at the Ellis Hotel. I will personally let our staff members know about you comments from your stay so that we can continue to improve and keep giving exceptional service to all our guests! I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Fulton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Ellis Hotel in Atlanta. The hotel is located on Peachtree St. right near the Peachtree Center mall and directly opposite the Ritz-Carlton and the Peachtree Center MARTA station.

We found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. The hotel rooms are a bit on the small side, but very comfortable with a really nice bathroom (which included a great glass-door shower). The king-size bed was very comfortable. The flat screen TV had lots of channel choices, many of which were in HD. The hotel is an easy 10-minute walk to the Georgia World Convention Center and the CNN Center. It's a few minutes walk farther to the Georgia Aquarium and the new World of Coca-Cola. We parked our car with the valet, and did not need it for the two days we spent in Atlanta (though we did have to pay $25 per night for the valet parking). There is no self-parking option.

Our only complaint was that the hotel did not have wi-fi access in all the rooms. Only a few "deluxe" king-size rooms had wi-fi. The other rooms (including ours) had only wired internet access. Unfortunately, we had only iPads and a MacBook Air, neither of which have an ethernet port. So our only option was to head downstairs to the lounge or lobby. We occasionally were able to pick up the wireless signal from a nearby deluxe room, but it was spotty and unreliable. We were not aware of this until we arrived.

We liked the hotel very much, and it was a much less expensive and nicer option than the Westin (just up the street). I would have given it five stars, but the internet problems cost it that last star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid the nighttime noise from traffic on Peachtree St.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your valuable comment regarding Wi-Fi connections. The hotel has a wired internet connection in each guest room but we also feel that our guests need a wireless conection; therefore we will be making every room wireless sometime within the first quarter of the 2013.
Montgomery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checking into this hotel was fairly quick and Neckole was very helpful with questions my husband and I had. Valet was 25 dollars, but that was to be expected. I read the reviews on this hotel before hand so I knew to expect a small room. The room (King room) was very nice with a view of Peachtree Street. The bathroom was nice with all Kohler products; i loved the shower. However, the curtains were filled with lots of stains. There were pink and red stains; maybe lipstick I would guess. The bed was very disappointing. My husband and I always look forward to sleeping in a nice king sized bed. But this bed didnt sleep well at all. The sheets weren't soft and the bed was HARD. We ordered room service for breakast which was 41 dollars. Was it worth 41 dollars....absolutely not. And we did not order a large breakfast. The hotel was not terrible but it would not be my top ten pick hotels in Atlanta

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable feed back. I was truly sorry to hear that you had an issue with noise during your stay with us. I would like to show you that this not a common occurrence at the Ellis and would welcome you back for a future stay at our cost. I may be reached directly at 678-651-2760 to arrange for you future quite stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in a small, but beautiful room on the 14th floor and tried my hardest to interact with the ghosts! No such luck. BUT! The warm, friendly, helpful staff made up for this. From check-in to check-out, everyone I encountered on staff was professional and efficient. My room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Having the MARTA station right around the corner was perfect

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and great review of our hotel. Glad to hear that our warm & friendly staff made up for the no ghost sightings! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ellis again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was disappointed by this hotel. They're in the process of doing major renovations so half of it is closed off and there were a bunch of other technical problems which I was told would be addressed by the renovations. My key card became deactivated several times a day it so I had to go back down to the front desk to get a new key card every single time I wanted to enter my room. They don't have wi-fi available in the rooms nor are there in-room safes. The wait for the elevator was very long and we usually had to share it with several staff or maintenance people. On the bright side, the staff was very nice and apologetic about the problems I encountered and seemed to feel they'll be resolved when the renovations are completed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Misris, thank you for your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.
We recently completed the remodeling of our extended lobby area into Terrace Bistro. It is now open for business and many of our guests are enjoying the new space. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during your stay.
I am also pleased to inform you that we are starting the process of converting all of our rooms to wireless. We're hopeful it will be completed by the end of the 1st quarter. We are very excited about it and hope that you will be back to have a completely different experience.
Thank you for the kind words about our staff!
Olya

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!