“A Bit Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montgomery
“A Bit Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Checking into this hotel was fairly quick and Neckole was very helpful with questions my husband and I had. Valet was 25 dollars, but that was to be expected. I read the reviews on this hotel before hand so I knew to expect a small room. The room (King room) was very nice with a view of Peachtree Street. The bathroom was nice with all Kohler products; i loved the shower. However, the curtains were filled with lots of stains. There were pink and red stains; maybe lipstick I would guess. The bed was very disappointing. My husband and I always look forward to sleeping in a nice king sized bed. But this bed didnt sleep well at all. The sheets weren't soft and the bed was HARD. We ordered room service for breakast which was 41 dollars. Was it worth 41 dollars....absolutely not. And we did not order a large breakfast. The hotel was not terrible but it would not be my top ten pick hotels in Atlanta

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feed back. I was truly sorry to hear that you had an issue with noise during your stay with us. I would like to show you that this not a common occurrence at the Ellis and would welcome you back for a future stay at our cost. I may be reached directly at 678-651-2760 to arrange for you future quite stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in a small, but beautiful room on the 14th floor and tried my hardest to interact with the ghosts! No such luck. BUT! The warm, friendly, helpful staff made up for this. From check-in to check-out, everyone I encountered on staff was professional and efficient. My room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Having the MARTA station right around the corner was perfect

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and great review of our hotel. Glad to hear that our warm & friendly staff made up for the no ghost sightings! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ellis again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was disappointed by this hotel. They're in the process of doing major renovations so half of it is closed off and there were a bunch of other technical problems which I was told would be addressed by the renovations. My key card became deactivated several times a day it so I had to go back down to the front desk to get a new key card every single time I wanted to enter my room. They don't have wi-fi available in the rooms nor are there in-room safes. The wait for the elevator was very long and we usually had to share it with several staff or maintenance people. On the bright side, the staff was very nice and apologetic about the problems I encountered and seemed to feel they'll be resolved when the renovations are completed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Misris, thank you for your recent stay with us and for your valuable feedback.
We recently completed the remodeling of our extended lobby area into Terrace Bistro. It is now open for business and many of our guests are enjoying the new space. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during your stay.
I am also pleased to inform you that we are starting the process of converting all of our rooms to wireless. We're hopeful it will be completed by the end of the 1st quarter. We are very excited about it and hope that you will be back to have a completely different experience.
Thank you for the kind words about our staff!
Olya
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The Ellis is not a huge hotel, and neither are the rooms. But it is beautifully remodeled and very cozy. They manage to fit everything you need into the room. As nice as the rooms are, the service was just as good. We had a small business meeting at the Ellis and were treated very well. Highly recommended if you need to stay downtown.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for the great recommendation and very glad to hear your stay and business meeting was a sucessful one. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ellis again in the near future!
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have to say I was disappointed with this hotel, since I chose it based on Tripadvisor rating. The rooms are very nice, and very clean. However, the street noise was annoying, and the air conditioning unit sounded like a vacuum cleaner, even when it was on the "low" setting! Good location though, and cheaper than other hotels nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I was glad to hear your thought your room was very nice and clean and that you felt we were a value compared to the surrounding hotel. I was extremely disappointed that you had issues with street noise and your air conditioner during your stay. I am currently looking into the fan noise issue and I am hopeful to come up with a corrective solution. Regarding the street noise issue, being located Downtown on Peachtree Street is a little more structural in nature; we do have rooms in other locations of our building that do not over look Peachtree Street and are less prone to street noise. Should you find your way to stay with us again you can simply contact me at 678-651-2760 and I will personally pick the room and discount your future stay. We truly want all of our guests to be repeat guests and the way to do this is to care and correct issues that may arise. I truly apologize that we did not do this during your first stay with us, and hopefully I can prove this and make it up to you in the future. Thank you for your important feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Ellis hotel was beautiful. I stayed here to celbrate my fiance' birthday and the attention to detailfrom the staff was amazing. They were very pleasant, professional, and welcoming. He had a great time and we will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views of the Atlanta sky line
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear that your stay to celebrate your Fiancé birthday was a great one! Our Staff does pride themselves on trying to make each guests stay exceptional. I am happy to hear they succeeded for you. Thank you for being a loyal guest & friend of the Ellis Hotel. I will look forward to your future visits.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel in Feb 2012 and it was a really wonderful stay. A group of us stayed there as we were in Atlanta for a business trip.

Whilst I always expect a certain level of customer service when staying in the US I have to say that the staff more than met my expectations with this. They were friendly, helpful and more than happy to deal with our questions and queries. This did include getting advice on how best to get to a local Mall (and if it was any good), where to go for dinner and about things that we could do in the evenings in the area.

We ate dinner in the hotel a couple of times and it was fantastic. Locally sourced food and imaginative twists on traditional dishes meant that there was more than enough for our group to chose from. We also liked that it was easy to have something healthy but filling. We also sampled a number of the cocktails and were very, very impressed!

The room was comfortable, clean and surprisingly big considering that we were right in the centre of the city.

Great stay so thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the very kind words regarding our Hotel and Staff ! We strive to make each guest's stay a pleasent one and so very happy that yours was! We look forward to your return next time your travels take you back to Atlanta.

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!