“Amazing Hotel and great staff” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #34 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Hotel and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Ellis hotel was beautiful. I stayed here to celbrate my fiance' birthday and the attention to detailfrom the staff was amazing. They were very pleasant, professional, and welcoming. He had a great time and we will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views of the Atlanta sky line
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Glad to hear that your stay to celebrate your Fiancé birthday was a great one! Our Staff does pride themselves on trying to make each guests stay exceptional. I am happy to hear they succeeded for you. Thank you for being a loyal guest & friend of the Ellis Hotel. I will look forward to your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel in Feb 2012 and it was a really wonderful stay. A group of us stayed there as we were in Atlanta for a business trip.

Whilst I always expect a certain level of customer service when staying in the US I have to say that the staff more than met my expectations with this. They were friendly, helpful and more than happy to deal with our questions and queries. This did include getting advice on how best to get to a local Mall (and if it was any good), where to go for dinner and about things that we could do in the evenings in the area.

We ate dinner in the hotel a couple of times and it was fantastic. Locally sourced food and imaginative twists on traditional dishes meant that there was more than enough for our group to chose from. We also liked that it was easy to have something healthy but filling. We also sampled a number of the cocktails and were very, very impressed!

The room was comfortable, clean and surprisingly big considering that we were right in the centre of the city.

Great stay so thank you!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for the very kind words regarding our Hotel and Staff ! We strive to make each guest's stay a pleasent one and so very happy that yours was! We look forward to your return next time your travels take you back to Atlanta.
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Booked three nights for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised by the Ellis. I'm not very hard to please but still I was very pleased with everything this historical hotel had to offer. First off, the location is great. Right across the street from a MARTA tunnel so you can hop right on the train to shoot back to the airport. Right across the street from my office too so that was great. BUT - if you aren't visiting for business, it's still a great location as it's right in the middle of a ton of great restaurants and other little bistros to grab some delicious food and see the sites. You can walk to Centennial park, the CNN building the sundial observation tower. The whole surrounding area was very clean and I always felt safe. I went jogging one morning at 6am and there were people everywhere. There are a few homeless/beggar folks around the area but that's to be expected in every city. I actually enjoy talking to many of them.
Hotel itself was very clean. Staff was fantastic. Kitchen staff was outstanding. Especially one of the mornings when I was running late. They completely hooked me up with a "to go" box of muffins and danishes. My room overlooked Peachtree street and my windows even opened a few inches, so I could people watch and even get some fresh air in the room when I wanted.

I also love history and this hotel has plenty. This hotel was the site of the famous Winecoff Hotel that burned in 1946, killing 119 people. The placard with the story is just behind the hotel in the back.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from elevator and ice machine. They put me back in a corner and it was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Glad to hear that you were "pleasantly surprised by the Ellis". Thank you for your many nice comments and you have our promise that we will continue to work hard to keep you a loyal Ellis customer!
Northville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ellis one night at the end of a getaway weekend. We picked the hotel for its location, price, and high marks from Trip Advisor. The location was perfect for us - walking distance to some of the downtown attractions we wanted to see, lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel is fine - everything was clean and working, and the decor was fine. The common areas were a bit small and the room was a bit cramped but very functional. We had excellent service from the front desk and valet parking. Overall - nothing that blew us away but a good choice and an excellent value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard K, Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thanks for letting us know you thought the Ellis Hotel was "a good value" and that your short stay with us was a good one.The Ellis staff and I look forward to the possibility of further earning your loyality and repeat business.
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Recently I had a business trip to this hotel. I had never stayed there before so put in the address on my GPS. It took me to the wrong place. It was the middle of the night and I was completely lost. I called the hotel and Stephen patiently talked me through directions to the front door. I am so appreciative...he must have stayed with me on the phone for at least 5 minutes.
Overall the staff interest, attention and support was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Stephen is one of our very best associates and I will personally let him know how very much his help made your stay with us to be a good one. I truly feel that your kind comments about our staff’s interest, attention and support are what make us a head above alll the other hotels you can choose from. Thank you for highly recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ellis in the future.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Business traveler looking for a great meal. Found it here at The Ellis. The Terrace at Peachtree is amazing. The staff, the food...great. Thanks you all fir making his picky CA girl happy. Next ime I will stay at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
So glad we could make you a very happy “CA Girl”. I too feel our farm to table menu concept to be one of the very best here in Atlanta. Look forward to yor return to Atlanta and another great meal with us!
Saida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel in downtown Atlanta for an overnight stay in mid Oct. 2012. Here are a few observations of my stay:
1) Location is typical of a downtown hotel with many restaurants, nightlife and tourist attractions close by,
2) The check-in process took longer than expected (the lady at the front desk seemed overwhelmed by the three people checking in at the same time). The room keys did not work so I had to go back to the front desk to replace them,
3) Room space is tight but they are well furnished and equipped. Noise from the street can be a bit annoying,
4) Housekeeping knocked at my door two different times between 12 pm (check-out time) and 12:30 pm even though I requested a late check-out and was told it will be ok as long as I check-out at 1 pm,
5) Wi-Fi is not available in the room (only in the lobby), but with a laptop, internet connection through an Ethernet cable is available in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I was dismayed to hear that your check in process took too long, and that our Houskeeping Department knocked on your door several times the day you were to check out even with a late check out time arranged. Neither of these I tems you mentioned should have occurred and for that I truly appoligize and havel talk with each department involved to ensure this does not happen in the future. I also wanted to let you know that we are going to a wireless internet in all guest rooms during the first quarter 2013. We at the Ellis do strive to make all of our guests stays special but we missed the mark on yours and I sincererly hope you will accept my appology. I would personally love the chance to win your loyalty in the future and show you we can make your stay a great one.

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!