“I Love The Ellis!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I Love The Ellis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was exhausted and cranky when I arrived in Atlanta, and to top it all off it was a wet and unseasonably chilly day. The social engagement I had that evening was now looking more like an obligation than something I really wanted to attend. I stopped at a local eatery and asked my server for the name of a decent hotel where a female travelling alone would feel safe. She came back with four different options. When I called The Ellis and spoke with Josh, I knew that this was going to be where I would be staying. He was so kind and cheerful, that my mood improved instantly. When I arrived at the Ellis Josh gave me a very warm welcome and was amazingly professional and efficient. I was able to get a little rest, and freshen up, and had a great time at the event. Upon checkout the staff seemed to care about what I had to say about my experience, and they gave me a genuine, "Thank you." The next time I have to travel to / through Atlanta The Ellis will be my first choice of places to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
tlyon-mercado, Director of Sales at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words. I am sorry to hear that your night was not going so well. However, I am thrilled we were able to make it all the better! I am happy Josh was kind and helpful to you, I will make sure to let him know. I hope you were able to take advantage of our women’s only floor, where only women with proper key entry are permitted. We hope the next time you come to stay with us we can exceed your previous expectations.

Best wishes,

Tracey Lyon-Mercado, The Ellis Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I first discovered the Ellis hotel during visit to Atlanta last year. After a delightful stay, I booked this hotel again for a recent business trip. My room was initially directly above the terrace restaurant and bar, which made for a noisy evening. However, I simply requested a room change the next day and my request was kindly accommodated.

The staff is very professional and helpful. The location can’t be beat. The hotel is easy to reach from the airport by public transportation. The Peachtree Center Marta station is directly across from the hotel. Again, the hotel is ideally located for a business trip and also in walking distance of the downtown tourist sites, including the CNN Center, GA Aquarium, and Centennial Park to name a few.

While I didn't get a mini fridge this time, this didn't make or break my trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is an affordable, contemporary hotel with excellent amenities.

Thanks for another great visit!

Room Tip: Request a higher level floor for a great view of the downtown skyline!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a great review of The Ellis. On behalf of everyone at the hotel we sincerely appreciate all of our guests who take the time to do this. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we were accommodating to your room change request. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, many of our guests have said this is a nice benefit to our hotel! We hope next time you’re in town for business or on vacation you will come back to see us, we’d love to have you!

Best,

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was traveling for business but brought my hubby and daughter along. We had premium deluxe 2 beds and it was still small. requested refrig and it was already there when we checked in. missed having a microwave. great location; convenient to alot of attractions. valet parking was busy and slow to retrieve our car. that was really my only issue. room was clean; liked the amenities. staff was extremely friendly. very customer service oriented. ate breakfast in restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review The Ellis. I am happy that your stay with your husband and daughter was satisfactory. I am sorry to hear that the valet was slow during your stay; we are working to improve our efficiency on higher volume days. We’re thrilled to hear we are the best for business in your book. We often hear this from other guests as well as being ranked #2 on Trip Advisor for business hotels. We hope that next time you’re in town you will be back to stay with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I can't rave enough about just how enjoyable my experience at this hotel was. My trip was strictly for business, but the hotel's location made it exceedingly easy to step out for some nice walks to sight-see (e.g. Olympic Park, CNN Center, even the High Museum is just a couple of metro stops away from the Peachstreet station). The only drawback could be the relatively small size of the rooms, but I didn't mind much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the enthusiastic words! We’re just as excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We often have guests tell us how great our location is and I’m happy that you thought so as well. As we are a boutique hotel with a small amount of rooms in a historic building, our rooms do tend to be smaller. However, I’m glad you did not mind much. We hope next time you’re in Atlanta you will come back to visit us.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I loved my stay here. It was quiet and clean, which is all I want while on business. But when I got there they offered me the opportunity to stay on the women only floor which was not only locked off to everyone but keyholders of women staying on that floor but also had "extras" in the room. They were little spa style extras- gel mask, curling iron and some other pampering stuff. The staff here was very nice. I'm one of those types that likes to come back to my hotel room after a work day and veg. This hotel was super comfy for that.

Room Tip: if you're a woman and you plan to *NOT* have a man with you, ask to stay on the women only floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. I am glad that your stay was comfortable while you were on business. I am also happy that you were accommodated on the women’s floor. Many women who are travelling on business find our women’s only floor to be much more comfortable. After a hard day of work, we’re thrilled we were there for you to relax. We sincerely hope next time you’re in town, for business or pleasure, you will come back to stay with us.

Best,

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I live in Atlanta and like to stay in a downtown hotel for our Anniversary. This review is for Oct 2011.....I am a little behind. This was our second year at the Ellis and it was even better than the first time. The valet is very personable and professional, The front desk was even more accommodating than the year before. We stayed in a corner room this time and the views were wonderful! Large floor to ceiling windows look out over Peachtree Street. This is a historical hotel, so it has older elevators and that that older feeling, but the rooms are very well done, updated and include everything you would need. The Ellis is centrally located in downtown so that walking 3 to 4 blocks will get you to many of the local attractions. We ate at the hotel's restaurant "The Terrace" as we did the year before and again, very impressed with the quality and taste of the food. The appetizer was awesome! I cant remember all of the details but it had pate, bread and other goodies (see photos.) I had the scallops and my husband the pork chop. We were very pleased with the dinner and the restaurant at the Ellis. My husband and I already have our reservations for this coming October at the Ellis and look forward to another great weekend and dinner!

Room Tip: Corner suites have great views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to come back and write such kind words about us. We are thrilled you and your husband choose us every year to celebrate such a special occasion. It brings me great pleasure to know that our customer service is exceeding our guest’s expectations. I am happy that our valet and front desk treated you well. That’s great that the two of you were able to eat at The Terrace, we pride ourselves in being a sustainable and organic hotel and that goes for The Terrace as well. We love when guests get the opportunity to experience our restaurant and even better when they enjoy it! We’re excited to see you coming back this year and hope that it will be even better than the last.

Best wishes,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the Ellis for a 24 hour trip to Atlanta. It is conveniently located right downtown. The hotel is simply decorated and nothing particularly high-end, but it is very comfortable and very clean. The room was large and well decorated. Every amenity needed was available. The valet service, while a $25 charge, was very fast and friendly, even at odd times of day. The staff was exceedingly pleasant and helpful. I used the gym in the hotel (you have access to a larger gym 1.5 blocks away) and while quite small it worked for my purposes. My only criticism is there is no mini bar in the room, and while snacks were available in the lobby for purchase, at 3 a.m. when jet lag hunger strikes I would have preferred to have some in-room options. Additionally, downtown shuts down completely post 5 p.m., at least on the weekends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
tlyon-mercado, Director of Sales at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time out to let us know how your brief stay with us was. We love to hear that our guests enjoy the great location and feel our rooms are nice and clean. I’m happy you were able to put use to our amenities and our staff was treating you kindly. Next time you come to visit us please call the front desk and we would be more than happy to bring you up a snack or something from our sustainable and organic Terrace Restaurant. Also, when you’re heading out, please do not hesitate to let our concierge point you in the direction of a few places that stay open later, it would be our pleasure. Hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes,
Tracey Lyon-Mercado, Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Ellis Hotel? Share your experiences!