“Atlanta Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Antioch, United States
“Atlanta Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Mine and my husbands experience was very good, felt that the cost for the room and the cost for the valet per day was too high, but all in all the experience left a good taste in my mouth. This was my first stay in Atlanta. Should I come back, I will try to find more reasonable locate accommodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this location for three nights and received an upgrade to a junior suite. I was alone but the extra space is always nice. There are many, many hotel options in this general area but this property was nicely located, modern, and clean, and overall a very good value. Service was friendly and accommodating. The convention center is just down the block and across the street. The aquarium is behind the hotel. There is a Legal Seafood connected to the property that provides a bar and restaurant that might otherwise be lacking compared to some of the larger chains around. The exercise facility was adequate and better than that in most HGI's. Breakfast is a buffet only ($12.95) with a cold buffet option for $8.95. To get a straight shot to and from the airport, the needed Marta train station is about 7 blocks away. Bed and pillows provided a restful nights sleep. I did not get my usual HH perks of my newspaper of choice and regular bottles of water, but that was not a major setback.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear from senior contributors and loyal guests like you!

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive your Hilton Honors amenities at arrival. I'm happy to look deeper into this as there must have been an oversight on our part. My direct line is 404-704-8042. Feel free to give me a call at your leisure.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta!

In Service,

Harman H, GM
MESQUITE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Having Legal Seafood on the 2nd floor was a bonus as I got my lunch there and was able to get back to work quickly. The maid service was helpful when I had a special request. Paul at the front desk was super quick in checking me in.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned from a company convention and a stay at this hotel. Very convenient to the Congress Center, the Dome & Arena. Hotel was very clean & everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. A special thanks to front desk member Jean Marie Day, who went above and beyond to ensure a great stay. We will be back.

Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

First off the service at the front desk was very good, friendly welcoming staff...Arrived late, needing food, and they advertise 24 hour market place for sandwiches...well, what they don't tell you are at midnight the sandwiches are old, nasty looking, dried up sandwiches....when I ask for a fresh sandwich the guy (with attitude) said they didn't make them there...how hard is this?
The room was nice and very comfortable and bed very comfortable ....but when I checked out, I left my very special razor and shave cream...most hotels bag this stuff up and turn it in...not here, I came back the next day and I was told by security that housekeeping never turned it in...they took my number and said that they would check with housekeeping and call me back...never got a return call...So, Sorry Hilton , I could never recommend your hotel, because of service...I got a great rate for this room owns Priceline...but that doesn't make up for poor service.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We just checked out of the hotel, and we had a wonderful experience! We are usually Marriott Rewards travelers, but chose Hilton this time because of the location. t is literally across the street from the aquarium, as well as a mere stroll to the beautiful Centennial Park and other attractions. Kid friendly restaurants were next door, and if location means anything to you, this is where you want to be.
The staff could not have been nicer. From the moment the valet greeted us and parked our car, to the front desk where Jean Marie greeted us warmly, to every housekeeper...each person made us feel welcome. We got a great family deal which included some aquarium tickets, and 4 free breakfasts. Kids under 12 ate free, so we scored on a wonderful, way above average meal to start the day. Truly, we are very grateful we chose to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days and it was a great pick! Across the street from Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Park and World of Coke. CNN is three blocks away and there were really good restaurants behind the hotel. Everything was in walking distance and Marta was just passed CNN. The room was very clean, I had a city view that as great and there are restaurants in the hotel if you wanted something quick. Everyone was very friendly and I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!