“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
springfield, IL
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel on 4/5/2013. The NCAA tournament was coming up and the city was full of people. This hotel is right next to the Aquarium which is next to the World of Coca Cola. Centennial park is across the street and CNN center is just a couple blocks down the street. We loved being at this hotel as it was so easy to get wherever we needed to go on foot.

It was hard to know how to get into the hotel with the car as you cannot see the entrance to the parking garage as you come in so I found that confusing.

The staff was very helpful. I had a small issue with a lost item, but they found it and were very helpful about getting it back to me. I thought the breakfast was very nice. The workers for breakfast were very friendly and attentive despite the number of people there when I was there. I was very impressed with that.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again due to service and location. The rooms are clean and fine. I felt safe in this hotel and well taken care of. The fitness area was nice as was the pool area. It has both an indoor and outdoor pool with a spa pool.

Stayed April 2013

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Quick spring break trip with family.

Location is within walking distance to several major attractions. Aquarium is directly across the street. GA Dome directly behind.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Parking is $20 a day but that is expected for a big city hotel. In and out all day by hotel card key. Just watch the crazy drivers in garage, it is two-way. At least 3 times drivers felt it was all theirs as they whipped around the corners. It is hotel plus neighborhood parking but always had spaces available.

Area felt very safe even at night.

Lots of food choices for everyone. Several well rated trip advisor restaurants near by.

Got package which included breakfast. It cover all four of us in the room. It was very good including made to order omelets, eggs, pancakes, and French toast. Staff was very helpful and the one guy doing the made to order was very busy, but got everything right.

Inside pool was small and crowded, outside pool was not yet open but good sized. Spa outside was open and hot, great after a long day walking around.

Only complaint is we were gone from 0800 until 5 pm only to find the room not made.
Too tired to care then. Housekeeping showed at 6pm but we just switched out towels since everyone one was in siesta mode. The next morning (checkout day) they showed at 0830 ready to flip the room. We were almost ready and let them know when we left at 0900. Just felt a little rushed.

Overall a great location will return when we come back to the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Staff is top notch from the engineer I passed in the hall to the Manager. The wait staff for breakfast greeted us each morning with such warmth and kindness! The chef made the best pancakes I had in a restaurant ever. The rooms were great clean and cozy. The hotel was conveniently located to all the attractions if it isn't the Staff will make sure you get there safely and check on you the next day to see if you made it ok. I can't say enough about this Hilton I came home told my entire office about this hotel. If you have any questions before booking the room call ahead they Staff will answer them without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is in a great location. Walking distance to great restaurants and the aquarium. Legal Seafood's is in the hotel (see other review). The bar is fun and has a great bartender-Cami! Close to the convention center too. My only complaint is the fee for parking, which is an outrageous $26 per night! You can self park outside across the street for $20.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

When I checked in I was given a key to a room for myself, my wife and my two young children. When we arrived at the room and opened the door, there were other peoples belongings inside the room. When I notified the front desk, they apologized and said that unfortunately that room was occupied and there were no more available two queen rooms in the hotel, despite having made a reservation months in advance. I was given the option of taking a king bed room and having my kids sleep on the floor for half price or moving across the street to another hotel for the night for free and then move back to the HGI for the remaining two nights of my stay. I opted for option two and moved across the street. I felt incredibly upset and inconvenienced because we were with other family members that were staying at the HGI and to make matters worse it was raining outside when I had to push my luggage up the street. Michael, the gentleman behind the counter seemed to be doing everything he could to try and help the problem, however, Starbrina, the woman behind the counter "couldn't understand why I was getting so upset". Then she said "I am just going to shut up before I say something I shouldn't". The next morning after we packed everything back up and pushed it across the street again, Michael, the same gentleman from the night before was there to greet us with a handwritten apology note that he had written along with a $50 gift card to the sports bar across the street. He also had a bottle of wine, a couple bottles of beer and couple of sodas sent to our room free of charge. In hindsight, I feel that Michael really made up for the mistake that was made with our reservation. It would have been better if we did not have to go through the hassle of moving and unpacking twice but he certainly tried to make us satisfied after the fact. I am still just unsure of how you can make a reservation and then show up and the room you reserved not be available. The other thing that concerned me was how a key can be made and issued to a room that is already occupied. I am sure that the folks that were staying in that room would not have been happy to know that me and my family just walked in because the hotel staff issued duplicate keys to a room someone was already checked in to.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our family was coming to Atlanta to attend a three day amateur sports tournament at the Georgia World Congress Convention Center next door to this HGI. We had to book our stay at this HGI very last minute, i.e. the evening before, do to some scheduling conflicts with our own group. We booked a king junior suite online, needing its extra space. The morning of our arrival, we called to verify that our request of a high/highest floor and furthest from the elevator room was being met. The front desk agent informed us that there are only two king junior suites in the building and they are on the 5th and 7th floors of 13 floors and very close to the elevator.

We politely explained that one or both of our children might have to be on their respective courts of play by 7 am and therefore, up to eat breakfast at 6 am and in bed asleep by 9 pm the previous evenings. Continuing, being adjacent to the elevator would potentially lead to the children being woken-up by other guests forgetting to bring down the level of their conversations as they leave the elevator. The front desk agent said she will see what she can do to resolve this issue and get back to me. How many times have your heard this, and on a day which they will be completely booked; every room taken.

Two hours goes by and we get a call. She has moved us to the top floor and within the room furthest from the elevator. We did not hear any noise our entire stay. We could not have asked for anything more than simply trying to help us and in addition to genuinely trying, she delivered!

The Cook-To-Order HGI breakfast which on weekends at this HGI normally begins at 6:30 am, had to open at 6 am to accommodate all the kids participating in the tournament. Even on Easter Sunday at 6 am, the breakfast staff was completely cordial and friendly.

If you are coming to Atlanta, especially the GWCC, book your stay at this HGI!

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had an enjoyable stay with the family for a visit to the Georgia Aquarium. You really can't beat the location to downtown Atlanta attractions. Rooms were clean, parking was easy and convenient, breakfast was buffet-style with many options. I would recommend for anyone coming to the Georgia Aquarium or nearby locations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!