“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairhope, Alabama
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is located to everything and I mean 2 blocks close. The Philips Arena, CNN building and the world of Coke. The Aquarium is across the street. I went to the P!nk concert and walked there and back. They also have onsite parking and valet. Customer service was fantastic and the room was very clean. It also had a Keurig and K cups free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are very proud to be conveniently located close to all the attractions our visitors want to experience. I hope you enjoyed the concert. The other travelers we spoke to said it was a blast!

Should your plans bring you to Atlanta again, we'd love an opportunity to be your hotel of choice.

Safe Travels,

Harman Hall, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My young family drove down to Atlanta from Nashville on a Friday evening. We had booked a 2 queen room for 2 nights during the week prior. Friday afternoon, we called to confirm our reservation, and also to advise the staff that we would be a late check-in. Once we arrived, we were told that there were not any 2 queen rooms left. However, a family that checked-in right behind us got a 2 queen room...instead, we were forced into a 1 king room with a stand-in shower...it was the kind that the shower and toilet are level, with only a shower curtain separating the two...so unless you want your feet to be in water while you use the restroom, I suggest you do your business prior to showering. At any rate, I called the website that I had booked the room through to see if they could help us out, as the front desk staff was less than helpful to my wife. They (of course) could do nothing, so I headed down to the lobby. After being told over and over that there were no more 2 queen rooms left, I reminded the staff of the sign sitting on the desk: "The Hilton Garden Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee." and suggested that they upgrade us to a different room. Again, I was told there was nothing they could do. Finally, when I asked to speak with the GM or if the GM was going to be in the next day, the front desk finally compensated me by providing 2 adult tickets to the aquarium and promised that we would be in a 2 queen room (with a tub) the following night. While skeptical, considering we had done everything we could to ensure we got the room that we wanted, I took the deal (considering we were there for the aquarium anyway). To my surprise, after returning from the aquarium the next day, they had indeed gotten us a 2 queen room with a tub, just as we had originally asked for. I'm not sure if I'll stay here again, as I believe over-booking should NEVER happen, regardless of whether the room is booked online. The fact that I had booked the room several days in advance AND called that evening to confirm the reservation and let the staff know we were going to be late check-ins should have been more than enough for them to keep our room. With all of that said, the rooms were nice, clean, and very roomy. The location is awesome. If you plan to stay, I recommend that you call several times leading up to your trip to make them guarantee that your room will not be given away.

Room Tip: Make sure to call several times leading up to your trip to make sure they don't sell the room yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I regret that we were not able to fulfill your room request on the first night of your visit; I know how frustrating that must have been for you considering you were travelling with your family. Based on your feedback, it seems as though the front desk was able to provide your requested room type after another guest checked out. I can assure you that our agents have every intention of taking care of our guests. When they are unable to accommodate a guest as requested, the are to offer the best alternative possible until we can fulfill the request. I hope that you know that you are important to us; we do not take your business for granted.

We'd love another chance to wow you; should your travel plans bring you back to our area, please don't hesitate to call me 404-577-2001.

Warm Regards,

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I normally stay at the Omni at the CNN Center when staying in downtown Atlanta for a concert at the Philips Arena, however, I had to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street when visiting on February 27th through March 2nd for a P!nk concert at the Philips Arena due to the Omni being sold out when I made the reservations. Although the Omni is my preference, I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Garden Inn's customer service. When I checked into the hotel I was greeted by a very friendly young man. He was very fast and efficient. The bellboy who helped us with our luggage to our room and when we were leaving was fantastic. He made sure we knew about every feature in our room and was very attentive to our needs. When we would go through the lobby of the hotel the staff would greet us and were very helpful with any questions we had. The location is very convenient to the Georgia Aquarium (it was right across the street in the view from our room) and the World of Coke. The CNN Center, Philips Arena, and Georgia World Congress Center are a short walk away (only a couple of blocks or during normal times [construction was going on right across the street where you could normally enter the Georgia World Congress Center so a walking detour was necessary since the sidewalks were closed] about a 5 minute walk. We ate at Legal Seafood during our stay, which is located in the hotel and it was fantastic as usual. There is also a Johnny Rockets around the corner which we ate at the second night. It was great also. My ten year old daughter loved the old fifties diner-like atmosphere. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet where again the service was wonderful. We stayed in a standard two queen room with a city view. The room was what you would expect size-wise and came equipped with a Keurig and complimentary K-Cups. The room and hotel were very clean. If the Omni is full the next time we come to town for a concert at Philips Arena I will definetely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again. I was extremely impressed by the level of service we received while staying.

Room Tip: Go ahead and fork over the extra money for a city view room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are greatful for the wonderful comments you made about your experience. My hope is that the Omni will be sold out the next time you're Atlanta bound...we'd love to have you stay with us again!

I'll be sure to pass along your sentiments to the staff. I'm sure it will brigthen their day. Thank you again!

In Service,

Cherokee, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is just as comfortable as the Hilton Inn and just as classy. Very nice and clean and quiet. Security was on-site and visible, very good for the downtown location. Overall a pretty nice place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was near the Omni, where I attended a conference. The Omni is only a 5 minute walk away. Check-in was quick and my room was on the 12th floor overlooking the Aquarium, Centennial Park and the World of Coca-Cola. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. I loved that there was a small Keurig in the room and I made tea or coffee each morning. Housekeeping came each day and was great about replacing items in the bathroom and coffee station. There was also a small fridge and microwave in the room. I used the business office to print my boarding pass and had no issues doing so. It isn’t a large hotel but it has a homier feel for this very reason – I felt safe being alone here. Front desk staff was friendly and professional – always helpful. I enjoyed a meal at Rise Sushi and drinks at Peasant Bistro, both nearby. I also enjoyed a fantastic meal at Canoe, a bit further out from the city. Highly recommend that one! I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Niceville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rooms are fine, but overpriced. Because we were there for a specific event we had a 3 day minimum stay which was outrageous. We wish they had a free breakfast option for guests. Indiir and outdoor pools are a nice touch, but small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were some good things - the hotel lobby was nice and clean - outside of that, I can't really write anything positive.
The location was too far out from the GA dome - a good hike that takes about 20 - 25 minutes. The rooms were extremely small with two double beds (no queen size). Bath rooms were tiny. Our room had a strong smell of BO - they did come and spray some "air freshener", but the smell was still there.
There is no free internet or continental breakfast - Internet was $12.50 per device, per day - they did have free internet in the lobby (or at least that's what the front desk said - I didn't verify this) - I didn't have a problem with paying to have internet access - but $12.50 per devise, per day - come on, that's just crazy....
In my opinion the room we had was overpriced for the size and quality and very disappointing for a Hilton.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - not with the small room, small "double beds" and no reasonable internet opition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from Downtown Atlanta,

Upon reviewing your comments, we're under the impression that you may have stayed at a different hotel. There are a few details that aren't consistent with our property's offerings.

Our internet is free for all guests, no exceptions. Also, our hotel offers two bed type: Kings and Queens. Lastly, the GA Dome is just over a mile from the hotel and takes about 12-15 minutes to walk to. Based on your feedback, you may have stayed at the full service Hilton Towers.

If you discover that it was our property located at 275 Baker Street, please call me so that I can look into the charges you spoke of. I will happily remove any charges associated with our complimentary services. Feel free to call me at 404-577-2001. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Harman Hall, GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!