“First trip to this Hilton,, and last.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Awesome Aquarium Packages
Ranked #37 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Birmingham, Alabama
“First trip to this Hilton,, and last.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were some good things - the hotel lobby was nice and clean - outside of that, I can't really write anything positive.
The location was too far out from the GA dome - a good hike that takes about 20 - 25 minutes. The rooms were extremely small with two double beds (no queen size). Bath rooms were tiny. Our room had a strong smell of BO - they did come and spray some "air freshener", but the smell was still there.
There is no free internet or continental breakfast - Internet was $12.50 per device, per day - they did have free internet in the lobby (or at least that's what the front desk said - I didn't verify this) - I didn't have a problem with paying to have internet access - but $12.50 per devise, per day - come on, that's just crazy....
In my opinion the room we had was overpriced for the size and quality and very disappointing for a Hilton.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - not with the small room, small "double beds" and no reasonable internet opition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Greetings from Downtown Atlanta,

Upon reviewing your comments, we're under the impression that you may have stayed at a different hotel. There are a few details that aren't consistent with our property's offerings.

Our internet is free for all guests, no exceptions. Also, our hotel offers two bed type: Kings and Queens. Lastly, the GA Dome is just over a mile from the hotel and takes about 12-15 minutes to walk to. Based on your feedback, you may have stayed at the full service Hilton Towers.

If you discover that it was our property located at 275 Baker Street, please call me so that I can look into the charges you spoke of. I will happily remove any charges associated with our complimentary services. Feel free to call me at 404-577-2001. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Harman Hall, GM

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

First the good aspects - Great location, close to the Coca Cola Museum, Aquarium, Olympic Park, CNN, and many restaurants. (But see my caution below). Conveniently, it has a Legal Seafood in the hotel (can't go wrong there). Genuinely friendly and helpful staff. Free cookies in the lobby. Plus it's nice to have a safe and refrigerator in my room.

However, the heater and refrigerator in my room were incredibly noisy. Luckily they didn't cycle on very often, but about 3 times per night I was awake listening to them. In addition, the counter card in the lobby boasted about the mattresses that can be adjusted to your preferred firmness. I tried dialing my mattress to different levels, but it never seemed to change beyond soft and cushiony. I was there for 2 nights and saw two different arrests within a block of the hotel - not sure if I was just "lucky" or if there's a crime problem in the neighborhood. But I definitely did not walk alone or go out for a run while there.

Would I stay there again? I might. It wasn't bad enough to keep me away, but I also might do a little research to see what else was available before booking here again.

Sorry Hilton - I'm usually a fan, but this one could use a little attention.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend during snowstorm in Boston!

Nice clean, spacious rooms and a very service minded staff. The breakfast was very nice.
Hotel across the street from the Aquarium and 1 min walk from the Coca Cola museum. 4 min walk to CNN tower.

Easy to recomend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Galveston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Trip was great, Atlanta was beautiful. Hotel is attractively located next to Aquarium and Coca-Cola museum, CNN and Olympic Park. Easy walking tour. Recommend the Trolley bus tour that leaves from across the street from Hilon hotel. Rented a car our last day to visit Stone Mountain and revisit some of the places we saw on the bus tour - Turner field to photograph Hank Aaron's 715 Home run memorial. Highly recommend brunch (opens at 11:00) at Gladys Knight's Chicken and Biscuits restaurant (free parking located directly behind so drive around the block since parking is at a premium $$ rate in Atlanta!) Overall was not impressed with rooms at this Hilton, but staff experience was Outstanding! Bed skirts were dirty, fingerprint smudges on wall and furniture seemed very cheap.

Room Tip: Ask for quieter rooms at end of hallways away from high traffic noise, ice machines & elevators...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just the other day and it was awesome. Mike the valet really helped us with our stay. The location was great for walking to numerous establishments. The bar inside the hotel had an extremely friendly bartender (forgot her name). During check out the front desk got a little busy, and out of nowhere the GM starts checking people out. That was a great last impression for me. The only issue was the window in the room was a little dirty. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Fairborn, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a birthday weekend trip my husband & I took to Atlanta the weekend of January 4th-7th. We had never stayed in Atlanta and the the main thing we were looking for was someplace that was close to the aquarium and the Coke museum, 2 places on our must see list (since we flew in & didn't rent a car). The location was PERFECT...right across the olympic park and a short walk (maybe 5 minutes?) and we were at both locations. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, giving directions and suggestions when we asked. The room was very nice and I especially enjoyed the Keurig machine that was in the room! Coffee and tea K-Cups were complimentary in the room, but in their convienence shop off the lobby there were other K-Cup varieties available for purchase. It was chilly the weekend we were there so it was nice to come back in the afternoon and have a nice warm drink! Our package included the breakfast buffet on site, and it was great! Pancakes, omlettes, potatoes, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit..you name it, they had it. It was great having a heart breakfast which allowed us to pass on lunch (or have a small snack) then have a nice dinner after sight-seeing. The aqaurium was fantastic, spent 5 hours there and could have stayed longer! Savings tip: we bought tickets at a local AAA office back home (Ohio) which saved a few dollars off the ticket price at the door. The Coke museum was very interesting, though we only had enough time for a few hours there. I would have liked to have a few more hours there as well. Savings tip: we had been entering the cap codes from Coke products for a while and entering them into mycokerewards.com website and saved enough for free admission tickets! (Reg. admission tickets are around $15) We also did a city segway tour (office is just around the corner from the hotel) and I would reccommend it...it was a great way to see the downtown area! Keep in mind there is no shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, so it is about a $35 taxi ride. We really enjoyed our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we were in town!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for only one night. Great hotel. Very easy to get to and from the interstate, Nice very of downtown and Centennial Park. So many attractions are within walking distance. Phillips Arena, World of Coca Cola, Ga Aquarium, Centennial Parks, CNN, and World Congress Center are all nearby

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!