“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Awesome Aquarium Packages
Ranked #32 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice typical Hilton Garden Inn. Quiet, clean. Close to aquarium, Coke. We checked out but left our car in their parking garage while we visited the sites. Parking was $26 for valet. Free WiFi. Very friendly staff.
BTW, the aquarium is worth the money, not Coke. My thought is that the whole thing, ( $16) is a sales campaign for Coke!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks for the feedback aboout your trip. We hope that you choose our property on your next visit to Atlanta and appreciate having the opportunity to serve you and your family.

Regards,

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are well equipped, as you would expect from Hilton. The free and well-functioning Wifi throughout the hotel is very good and convenient. The breakfast is relatively standard, but of good quality. Service in the restaurant is very good.

The only hickups were that my room was not available upon checkin (rather inconventient after a 12 hour trip door-to-door). It was available about 45 minutes later, and the hotel staff voluntarily provided an appropriate discount. On a saturday-afternoon, there was a lot of noise for a couple of hours for maintenance of an adjacent room. It would have been nice if this was announced in advance or explained.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We regret that the inconveniences you mentioned kept your visit from being a wonderful as it could have been, but we're gratefult that you've brought the issues to our attention. I'll be working closely with the staff to ensure we avoid having guests wait after 3pm for their room.

Should your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we'd love to serve you again.

Best Wishes,

Jefferson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for my husbands 10 year reunion. It was close to the aquarium, the park, world of coke. It was a great price and we would definitely go back! There are great places to eat close by, and I would recommend if you want to be close to all the Atlanta attractions go here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting a review about our hotel. We're glad to see that our location was well suited to your needs! Happy Holidays and we hope to see you again.

In Service,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel has a good location in Atlanta. Next to aquarium and Centennial Park. Several good restaurants are close to hotel. Front desk staff was very helpful in making tour and restaurant suggestions. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Nice views from room. Would definitely stay here again. Enhanced the enjoyability of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors facing towards city. Good skyline views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for posting a review! We're glad that your experience was top notch. The local attractions are one of many reasons guests choose us. We're grateful for every opportunity we have to serve!

Thanks again!

Dublin, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently attended the Woman Thou Art Loosed Conference at the Phillips Arena. The Hilton Garden Inn was in an ideal location. It is less than a mile away from Phillips Arena and very close to other attractions such as the Aquarium, Coca Cola, GA Dome etc. All of the hotel staff that I interacted with were very friendly. I didn't find anyone who wasn't eager to assist us. The hotel lobby and public sitting areas seemed to be well kept and clean HOWEVER my room was a different story. Now although overall as far as the floors, desk, etc. it looked very clean. My issue was with our shower which had black mold growing on the shower head which made me question how well they actually clean the bathrooms. The worst part was my bed linens. The comforter had a top flat sheet over it, now I can't say for sure this was to hide what was on the comforter but the comforter WAS covered by a sheet. The comforter under the sheet had 3 stains which I am pretty certain were dried blood stains. This of course was very disturbing. Two of the stains were a little larger than quarter size and the third was about the size of a dime. All three stains were very close together and very noticeable at my first glance. Needless to say given the size of the stains, it is impossible for me to comprehend how this could go unnoticed when changing the bed linens. I called and informed of the problem with my bedding and was greeted with sincere concern and apologies. They agreed to immediately come and change my linens. Although this didn't take away my sick feeling at least they acted as if they too felt this was unacceptable. I had to leave for my conference, so I was not in the room when they changed the linens. They did not replace with a new clean comforter instead it was replaced with the extra blanket that had been in the closet when we arrived. That too was disturbing because if the comforter had noticeble blood stains on it, then for all I know the blanket could have been there for weeks and used by several and probably not cleaned for months. I didn't use the blanket and never did get a new comforter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an issue with the cleanliness of your guest room; please accept my deepest apologies. Cleanliness is an area to which we devote much of our time and effort because we know how important it is to your experience. We fell short of our high standards and we certainly regret that it was at your expense. Please know that it is not the norm and we would love an opportunity to serve you again. Should your travels bring you to Atlanta, please feel free to call me personally regarding your future accommodations.

In Service,

Harman Hall, General Manager
tampa, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was really great and the location was superb. The room was spotless with a clean comfy bed that was so inviting that it was hard some mornings to get out of it and enjoy the city. The elevators are super fast so staying on one of the top floors was not an issue at all during the early morning rush. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating and down to earth. The location is unbeatable, right in the heart of the city and all it has to offer. Great view of downtown and even stone mountain in the far distance. I can't wait to stay at this property again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words! As senior contributor, your feedback is insightful and helps less experienced travellers make informed decisions. Should your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we'd love to host you again!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Starting with the Parking valet .........everything was superb! We have stayed at alot of hotels from when my husband was in business and I have to say I have not one negative thing to say about this location. Everybody was friendly, helpful, the room was great. The Seafood restaraunt (Legal Seafood) connected to the Hotel was wonderful. Service was Top Notch. My husband has seafood allergies and once mentioned they went out of their way to make sure everything was safe for him to eat. Pricey, maybe, but you get what you pay for and the food was very very good. We are already talking about coming back. Thank you for starting our vacation off great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting about your experience! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us; we forward to serving you the next time you return to Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Harman

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!