“Breathe....After the ice......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Perimeter Center

You added Hyatt Place Perimeter Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 Crestline Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #71 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“Breathe....After the ice......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Atlanta got hit with some back-to-back icy craziness that we are unaccustomed to in this region. To make things even crazier my office is moving this weekend and i'm the point of contact. Issue #1: Icy roads everywhere and i live on the SW side of town
#2: Icy roads, public transportation buses not running and my office is on the NE side of town
#3: Icy roads shut down the city of Atlanta and surrounding cities for 2 days and I'm about to lose it!

So I'd already planned on being near the office overnight even without the icy weather situation but now I had to figure out how to get from SW to NE safely. Luckily today (Thursday, Feb 13th) the sun came out and melted the ice/snow which helped with the road treatments that our Dept of Transportation (GDOT) had already done. So Uber to the rescue! I heard nothing but great things about them and I experienced the convenience and awesome service for myself. As a first time user I had a coupon (up to $40) to use. *Perfecto*

Hyatt Place has a free shuttle that will take you to your local destination. The Dunwoody and Medical Center MARTA stations are nearby and are included in their drop-off/pickup range.

I got here, checked in (easy breezy). They have stand-alone check-in machines but the foot traffic was very light due to the weather so I went to the front desk. Very informative desk clerks, I was ready to experience my hotel stay! I open the door and *cue heavenly choir* I just wanted to immediately stay longer! I mean in the sense of extend a week. I've had the moment of "I'll be glad when I check out of here" moment and this time it's the opposite.

Hyatt Place has 24/7 food gallery. It's not considered "room service" because once the guest orders (either on the phone or in person downstairs), the guest goes to the food gallery to pick the food up. They have a very nice food selection and I found out that Monday - Thursday 5:30p to 7pm they have Manager's Special which consists of 1/2 half off beer and spirits and complimentary sangrias.

Free WiFi for all guests; awesome, large flat screen TV and the shower... (happy dance) I have a large, stand-up shower! Awesome water pressure! If you are EVER in the North Atlanta area, near Perimeter Mall and need a soothing place to stay, check into Hyatt Place! You'll enjoy it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I really like most Hyatt Place hotels and this is no exception. The room setup is so nice and roomy and the food choices are always good. We found everything to be ship shape in our room. We were only there one night but would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a shout out to all the staff. My young daughter Kim traveling alone stuck in traffic on 285/400 for 7 hours. She was able to get this this hotel but all rooms sold out. Hotel staff allowed stranded passengers like her to sleep in lobby, gave them sheets,allowed them to share breakfast with paying customers. This is going on NOW/today. She is on waiting list for room because it's no where to go. I hope she gets her room, i would love to do business with this hotel,simply to attempt to repay a kindness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is nice. I've always liked the quite perimeter area. The rooms are cool with a nice size TV, mini fridge, and lounge area. Upon check in the staff was ok. But hats off to Deurese for going above and beyond. She doesn't mind going the extra mile to the extent of finding me a car detail shop. I'd stay here again no doubt plus free parking.

• Stayed January 2014
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Hyatt use to be our go to place every time we visited Atlanta, however I have noticed the hotel is starting to show some wear and tear. The location is still great for getting around the perimeter area.

• Stayed July 2013
tim s, General Manager at Hyatt Place Perimeter Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on how we can improve our hotel and services. We constantly strive to make improvements in both customer service and amenities that the hotel supplies to our valued guests. I will certainly share your feedback with ownership as we prepare to plan and implement our 2014 Capital Improvement Plan. Each year we take a realistic look at what areas of the hotel can be improved and take action where necessary. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Best Regards,

Tim Smith
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

After a great experience with a Hyatt Place near Columbus in 2012, I decided to try another location while in the Atlanta area for a conference. I certainly was not disappointed and, while I typically have long been a Hampton Inn guy, have added the chain to my list of "go-to" hotels.

I arrived at the hotel very late in the evening, although the staff was more than welcoming. When I got to my room, I was in for a very pleasant surprise. After having stayed at the relatively pedestrian Hampton Inns for most of my travels, I found myself in a room which, although moderately priced, was quite luxurious in appearance. The furniture was most impressive, as was the decor in general.

There were plenty of little things to make this hotel stand out. One was the walk-in shower with a glass door. Few hotels in this price range offer this luxury, even within the chain. The soap was not the standard no-name bath bar, but a high-quality Kenet MD product (this also sold me on Dr. Barney Kenet's dermatology products). The desk area was well-appointed and the couches were so cozy I almost didn't feel a need to use the beds.

Breakfast was a winner here as well. Upon leaving, I was happy with the accessibility to points north of Atlanta along the Turner MacDonald Parkway. Specifically, this is a great hotel to stay at for those heading to Roswell or Alpharetta who don't want to deal with the congestion in those towns. It's also close enough to the beltway for access to the Atlanta metro area.

I've recommended this hotel to everyone I know planning on a trip to Atlanta and will gladly check in there again on my next trip to the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Litchfield Park, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Per the website they have FREE wifi and since I'm here on business I tried to get some work done. Upon check in my co-worker and I go to login and NOTHING. I was on the phone with tech support for an hour trying to get a resolution. Still NOTHING! The front desk staff was Rude and acted as if it was my fault I was unable to connect. They end up having me leave my already unpacked room and move to a 2nd room to connect. The HVAC unit was of NO SERVICE as my room was freezing. The room is really nice I must say.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Place Atlanta - Perimeter. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, is an invaluable aid in guiding us to areas we can improve our services, features and amenities.

I apologize for your internet and HVAC unit issue and can assure you that this is the very rare exception. I have addressed your specific concern with both our internet provider and engineering staff.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Tim Smith

Been to Hyatt Place Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!