“Excellent Choice for Business Travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Perimeter Center

You added Hyatt Place Perimeter Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Perimeter Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 Crestline Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Perimeter Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #67 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Choice for Business Travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

First and foremost, I recommend this hotel. It is a solid choice for business travelers. The only deficiency in my room that I feel I need to mention was the bed - in my particular room, the bed felt as thought I was in a trough from people sleeping in the bed. However, I know that from speaking to colleagues, the other rooms in the hotel did not suffer this deficiency and your chances of getting a well worn bed may be low. Even so, I did not lose a lot of sleep and the rich bedding made up for it.

The amenities in this hotel worked well. The WiFi was fine, the TV acceptable (local channels are in true High Definition, most of the satellite channels were in standard analog except for the Discovery channel for some reason), and the shower/bath very good. The room was somewhat worn, but well maintained. I believe this hotel gets a lot of use and abuse, but they try to maintain it.

Breakfast was adequate. They try to have a hot entree prepared, but it is a buffet breakfast - make no mistake about it. The staff is caring and thoughtful. I felt very secure in the hotel and would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the street on one side and rooms facing the expressway on the other. I had...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kingston, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend anniversary getaway to Atlanta. We wanted to stay away from downtown and use Marta to get around. The hotel is close to two Marta stations so the location was perfect for us. I requested an early check-in and a room away from elevators, both of which I received.

Pros:
- The price ($74 for a weekend night)
- Convenient location for staying in North ATL
- Big TV (42" HD)
- Rooms have separate sitting area with couch
- Included continental breakfast
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Check in/out was fast
- Clean

Cons:
- Vent fan did not work in bathroom
- Cosmetic issues in room (threadbare couch, crack in ceiling)
- Lobby furniture was threadbare
- TV was a little fuzzy, even on HD channels
- No drink machines (must buy $2+ drinks from front desk)
- Was scolded for leaving the tongs on the tray of English muffins at breakfast, rather than putting them back beside the tray

Overall, this was a good stay and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a North Atlanta hotel on a budget.

• Stayed October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Overall this hotel is very modern and the staff very friendly and helpful. This is my 2nd stay at a Hyatt Place and I got the same layout of a room that is confusing (to me) It's like a tunnel...all the amenities (i.e. TV., sink, desk. closet..ect) were on one wall and bed was on the other. The only place to view the TV was the bed. (The Desk sits behind the TV) ...and by the way, there are connections for just about any electronic gadget beside the TV..very nice!! The cable service was from a hotel network and very slow to change channels. (No guide or listings). The lobby of This Hyatt Place is very small and crowded at breakfast time ( I took my food outside to eat, due to very little seating for the guest) I stayed 2 nights with a college volleyball team and was pleased with the friendly service. I walked around the grounds and it looked as if there wasnt enough parking for the amount of rooms available. (Building sits on about an acre of land) To sum it up, I slept, and served great. I just felt a llitte Cramped.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Big king suite, the sink over the fridge was a nice touch (helpful when traveling with children). Breakfast sitting area in the lobby was small and crowded, but the food was better than the average free breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for our 10 year anniversary & had some issues w/ our car but everyone @ the hotel was amazing.
So sweet & helpful. Had a free shuttle that would take u places & they even took us to pick up our car where it was being fixed.
Very helpful on places to eat & entertainment while we were there
Rooms are amazingly clean, the breakfast was outstanding , just over all fabulous!!

• Stayed August 2012
White Plains, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Relatively new brand within the Hyatt portfolio. Comfortable environment throughout. Free breakfast and other amenities. Room was spacious and bed was ulta-comfortable. Best night's sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time... My new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on either side of elevators are a bit noisy. Otherwise floors/rooms very easy to access.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have never stayed in a Hyatt before and only got this one because it was about the last place with rooms available on a busy holiday weekend. Every area was clean and sleek, staff very friendly and helpful, and the room large and comfortable for a relaxing long weekend. King size bed was very comfy and the room met my "most important" criteria: 1. very dark at night; 2. plenty of surfaces to set out my stuff (including a cool area of cubbies that provided nice storage without taking up floor space); 3, great lighting and seating for reading. The lights by the bed even adjusted to different levels of brightness which was a real treat. The long corner couch (with ottoman) was comfy and made room for my very tall husband to lie down and me sit comfortably. Full desk and frig offered us all we could need. Breakfast was healthy and filling, including interesting breakfast sandwiches like something you'd get at a nice sandwich shop, along with Belgian waffles and various fresh fruit and many other options. The best treat was looking for milk to purchase in the lobby late our first night and the staff giving us two generous size cups of skim milk on the house--our favorite nightcap! The hotel was in a lovely area with dozens of excellent restaurants and an outstanding mall, the 2nd largest in the Southeast. We had no trouble getting to other locations around the city such as the zoo, downtown, or the Emory area. We will definitely consider staying at Hyatts again in the future.

Room Tip: our end room was very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple