“Did not enjoy myself like I thought I would.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #103 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Did not enjoy myself like I thought I would.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We had previously stayed at the Aloft in Harlem and enjoyed ourselves so we though we would save some cash and go here. The parking was a nightmare. They charged us $20 and we had to leave the car once we found a spot because the lot was always full. I saw several people driving around for a spot. No valet by the way. The hotel was not that close to things in my opinion. The room was unremarkable and drab. The bathroom was not clean to me and the shower was a nightmare. It didn't have a glass enclosure like the one in NY and water covered over half the floor no matter how careful I was. Also the sprayer was handheld and couldn't be adjusted to my height so I had to hold it in one hand the entire shower. The night we were there we couldn't play pool because some event was going on in the lobby and the pool table was in front of a backdrop that was being used for photos. The food was not good at all. Mostly appetizers. They did not acknowledge our anniversary or request for a room with a view saying they don't change rooms. The blinds were difficult to work and the maintenance man said the front desk was supposed to give us instructions. Speaking of maintenance we had to call twice because he said they did not call Him the first time. I gave this hotel 2 stars because the room temperature was comfortable and the bed was ok. Don't think we will be returning.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just here overnight. Great location....walking distance to Coca-Cola museum, CNN, Georgia Dome. Nice park close by. Internet excellent, clean rooms. The front desk was friendly, however, they need, in my opinion, need to provide more info on the benefits, plus a binder with local restaurants. Bring a night light....the lighting system is quite strange.

Room Tip: Bring a night light to use when sleeping, and you need to use the bathroom...the light can somewhat...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Dennis K,
We’re delighted you enjoyed your quick stay with us and liked our great location in the heart of Downtown Atlanta. Thank you for sharing your review with us, and we hope to see you again soon. All the best
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first stay at aloft. Brilliant game plan. They are able to keep rates low by constructing it in a bare bones manner which comes across as very urban chic e.g. Exposed pillars, concrete walls, limited art work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us each a bottled water when we walked in. I drank half of mine but left it on the counter by mistake. When I walked through the lobby half an hour later, the front desk employee said "I saved your water for you". Great location, spotlessly clean, friendly staff and low rates. A great option!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracey Y,
Aloft is different by design and strives to provide guests a unique hotel experience, so we are ecstatic to hear you loved your stay at our hotel! Thank you for sharing your review with us, and we look forward to serving you again should you return to Atlanta in the future. All the best.
New Market, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Aside from the hold on our card for incidentals that we weren't told about and the 2 events that we were not told about, it was a good stay. The hotel is clean and neat. Most of the staff is nice. It is in a great location and plenty of things to do in walking distance. We had a difficult time finding parking on the property due to the events they were having on Saturday night and we were concerned that there could be damage to our car. The hotel is geared to a younger crowd so the majority of guests have a tendency to be rather loud and if they do have events, it makes the lobby very crowded. If I could suggest something to them, it would be to warn guests of events during their stay. They should also allot parking spaces so that paying guests have somewhere to park when they stay.

Room Tip: close to World of Coca Cola, Aquarium, and Centennial Park.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Whitney Q,
We strive to provide our guests with the very best experience, and use our guests’ reviews as an opportunity to identify ways we can improve our hotel and services. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback with us, and we will be sure to share your comments with our team. We’re thrilled you enjoyed our clean hotel, great location, and friendly team during your stay, and we hope to host you again the next time you travel to Atlanta. Take care
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel with several friends during a weekend trip to Atlanta and we were all 100% satisfied. They were unable to let us check in early, but gladly held our bags while we visited the aquarium. Upon our return our rooms were ready. The rooms were comfortable and VERY clean. On a whim I had brought a proper spectrum UV commercial flash light used to detect bodily fluids and decided to show my friends how it worked... and the room was spotless. Even the hinges on the toilet seats were clean, which is very rare! The only downside to this place is that the pool is tiny, and their professional photos do a great job of making it look MUCH bigger than it is. Tiny pool is not enough to drop them even a dot on their rating... THANK YOU!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has the perfect combination of great staff, clean and beautiful accommodation and perfect location! If you want to have a great time you have to stay here! And the best of all is that is not expensive! You have to try it! And I forgot the bar has the best martinis!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Darlington, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room was very nice, clean, spacious, and with all the amenities. Very close to Peachtree St., The Georgia aquarium, the millenium park, and the world of Coca Cola. It is across the street from AmericasMart. The hotel has vending and ice machines on all the floors. They have a nice Bar and a pool. I had the most expensive Apple martini yet!- no complaints-it was good! The front desk people, the bar girls, and the cleaning girls were all friendly and very helpful. The lobby has many amenities besides the bar, such as a pool table and karaoke on weekends. They serve breakfast not included in your bill. The parking lot is secure. The hotel has a modern-Hip décor, it was a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Aloft Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!