“Its an Aloft!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #129 of 189 Hotels in Atlanta
“Its an Aloft!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Do not expect more or less from an Aloft. I love the concept and the price. Some staff members were very friendly and helpful, but others where only talking to each other and when approached they would stare at you like saying " why are you wasting my time?".

Overall its a good hotel, there are no closets on the rooms but thats how aloft are. The shower was nice. The bed was bad.

3.8/5

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Blackshear, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about or why the TA ranking is low. My stay here couldn't have been better. If you are used to Aloft style, you won't be expecting the presidential suite at the Ritz. My room was very clean. Room size was to be expected and location was unbeatable. Parking lot was great. I was glad self-parking was available because I didn't want to have to wait 15 minutes on valet every time I left the hotel. Security was visible at night and the atmosphere was fun. I wish I was coming back this weekend. I couldn't have asked for more!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel for my employees and it was exactly what you would expect from an aloft. Decent design and spacious lobby. The only issue is that the price of the rooms were the same as I paid for a stay at the W on the same dates. Obviously, if given a choice I'd always choose the W next time unless the price was lowered. Early check in wasn't granted even though as an SPG platinum member it's an option online. Overall good hotel but much better options nearby for the price.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good customer service, helpful staff. Location was great, world of Cocacola, CNN all nearby. Rooms were ok but had greater expectations. Was clean but not light at all! wifi was a bonus but if i was to come back to Atlanta, will probably look elsewhere for the cost. All in all just ok.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So the title is a good explanation of this hotel. Good things include the very friendly staff and the location. We were able to walk to the Georgia Dome, Centennial Olympic Park and lots of dining options. The room was styled nicely. The bad parts included that our room was quite dirty. Our shower had clumps of beard hair on the walls along with what looked like snot. They have Bliss spa products so that was nice. It was also loud. We were able to turn on the fan for the air to help drown out the music from downstairs and people talking. Another weird feature to the room was a glass window in the shower that went into the room. It was frosted glass and looked neat but anytime the bathroom light was turned on, it lit up the bedroom. Not really ideal if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and are sharing the room. The rooms are pretty dimly lit at night as there are no overhead lights in the actual room.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the most disappointing as well as the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel is a renovated Days Inn..the rooms are small and the management is possibly the worst on record of the hotel business.
By all means if you stay there...do not under any circumstances book it through Starwoods SPG program for even they wouldn't help me in the over billing that the hotel put me under. The manager was condescending and rude in the plastic corporate manner offering stupid "helpful" advise without addressing the issue of charging me the highest posted nightly rate when the nights i stayed were posted for as much as 2/3's of what i was charged. They refused to adjust the bill and even checked me out without my consent to get the overcharged rate before i left the hotel a day later.
Needless to say the hotel didnt do much better in the services offered as well..
The food court was always without milk fresh fruit or items posted on the menu.
The parking was out sourced during the day for public parking and it was difficult to find a parking place even if your room key would work the gate. The lobby was loud and the bathroom shower was only usable after i scrubbed it from the filth and past guest hair.
The bed was comfortable , i will give them that, but it should have been cause it took up 90% of the room and there was no other place to live in the room.
The location is good if you are going to Market but so are many other hotels in the area...I moved to the Hyatt Place downtown and it was awesome!

Room Tip: dont go here
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Neptune, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at Aloft for business for 3 nights. As the title suggests, I thought it was a well rounded hotel. The rooms are very modern and clean. I know several folks had commented on noise issues, but I actually found it to be extremely quiet. In fact, I studied a lot in my downtime. It's very close to the Coca Cola Museum, aquarium, and parks. I ran into one issue with securing a cab for an important meeting. I was told there would definitely be a cab available but wound up having to use Uber, so I was there updating all my payment information etc which wasn't the best way to start the day. The good news though, it's much cheaper to use Uber than traditional cabs! So in the end, I was happy. Overall, for the price, I think the hotel had everything I needed.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Aloft Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!