“Bummer...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #125 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
toledo
“Bummer...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The employees are really nice, however they are working with what little ownership supplies. The best part about this place is the greeting at the front desk.

Two nights in a row (so far) the accommodations have unfortunately been below par. This is a great place to stay if you're not planning on drinking or eating. If you are beer connoisseur, run! Even as little as delicious Bud Light can be expected to be out of stock for multiple days in a row.

Hopefully things will turn around. We are here for 3 more days.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at Aloft Atlanta downtown on Christmas eve, as there wasn't enough room at a nearby relative's house to stay for the holiday. I chose Aloft because they are a pet-friendly hotel (they have a floor of the hotel where pets can stay so others aren't inconvenienced) and small dogs can stay for free.

The staff was extremely warm and accommodating. They were ready for pets and provided a doggie bed and bowls. I did have to sign a waiver stating that I would be responsible for any damage or injuries caused, which is fair and normal. I crated my dog in the room during the time I was asleep so he wasn't roaming and he was quiet and there were absolutely no issues or problems.

Although I chose Aloft for the pet policy, I was extremely impressed by the quality of the hotel and the location. Christmas morning we walked to Centennial park, which is near the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. I had no idea it was so close and walkable to those areas.

I stayed at this location years ago when it was a run-down Days Inn, and I'm happy to see that the lot was redeveloped for a better quality hotel. I was happy with my stay and if I ever have to stay in downtown Atlanta again I would consider it, especially since it is very reasonably priced. If you don't need the full-service experience of the W and you are a Starwood fan, I would definitely recommend Aloft Atlanta downtown.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel itself wasn't terrible and the location was great! I don't plan to stay again, as there were multiple issues.

The room was not cleaned well. My reservation was prepaid, yet there were 6 (yes, 6) seperate authorizations from $25 - $270 made on my card. Luckily, I wasn't planning to use that card during my visit. I was charged for two nights of parking, although I only parked one night. I confirmed the one night of parking with the person who checked me out and he said not to worry he would make sure I was billed correctly (as the parking gate was not working so they were charging guests based on the length of stay). He also said he would email my receipt...he didn't do either!

If you're looking for a great location (as we were) and you can get this hotel for a great deal, then go for it. Just be prepared for shenanigans!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TopTierTiff,
We are very sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your recent stay at our hotel. We understand your frustration and apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with billing in addition to the cleanliness of your room. It’s our team’s goal to provide an outstanding experience to our guests, and although we are happy you loved our location, we are sorry we failed to deliver the great experience so many of our guests love. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, and we hope we will have the opportunity to better impress you in the future. Take care.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

We were there for the SEC game.. And this place was not worth the services we received. The taxes were 16%. NO free parking n NO free breakfast.. Also the refrigerator was in the bathroom. . NO microwave, had to go to lobby.. Entirely to much money and not worth the stay.. Thank GOD for Louisiana....

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Dear Miccaramel,
We regret to hear you were not pleased with our offered amenities and services. While we understand our hotel may not be for everyone, we do expect to deliver exceptional service and a memorable guest experience. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay, and we hope the rest of your trip to Atlanta for the game was a good one. All the best.
Fort Valley, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I had a two night stay just before Thanksgiving. This is a very typical Aloft Hotel, and that familiarity is a good thing.

Here is what I liked:

1) Quiet, clean room.
2) Good Price
3) Low Cost Parking ($20/night BUT the other hotels are close to $30)
4) Very Friendly Staff
5) Close to Phillips Arena, World of Coke, etc.
6) Parking Lot / Dog Walking area is fenced in.

I did not bring a dog but they do take dogs. They same some softscape areas for the dogs and they do have doggie cleanup bag dispensers. They also had bowls with water waiting for the dogs when they come back in.

What could be better:

1) The rooms at night could use more light
2) Beds are a bit stiff
3) A another set of towels (only 2 sets) would be nice.

Still, price, value, location, and quality of stay make this a nice choice.

Room Tip: High Floors
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

For the location (few min walk from park/MARTA stations), you cannot beat the price. The room is pretty clean and the hotel offered a comfortabl stay. However, I guess this is part of the desging scheme but there were no drawers in my room (there are number of shelves you can put your stuff on) and the lighting in the room was pretty sparce. So if you do not mind sprwling your stuff in the rom without storing them away in drawers, you would love this place!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Dear yk303705,
We are pleased to hear you find our hotel to be a great value and enjoy your experience while staying with us. We appreciate you sharing your review with us, and hope to see you again soon. Take care.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

This hotel is hip and cool with city vibe sophistication in the heart of Downtown Atlanta. It is nestled a block from famous Peachtree St. in close proximity to Olympic Park, CNN studios and many more attractions. The swanky XYZ lounge is housed in it’s lobby.

As you drive up to the lobby, you can park under the porte-cochere for quick check in or park in one of the many reserved spots in front of the hotel, or back parking lot. I’m sure the hotel will fix your parking ticket. After check in you are directed to the back parking lot accessible with your room key. Just waving the room key in front of the sensor will not get you in. I seen many cars do this. So did I, on the first try. Put the key close to the sensor almost touching it, then it will work. Be careful pulling up the machine, it is a close fit. Once in, there is ample parking. A back entrance gives direct access to the elevator or a single flight of stairs put you in the lobby.

The elevator’s floor is funky. I can imagine how this would look after a few adult beverages. Might be some head spinning. The dimly lit hall ways with dramatic long wand like light fixtures guide you to the rooms. The bed was soft and comfortable. Pillows were a little too soft for my likeness. A single thick blanket was sandwiched between flat sheets with a fitted sheet on the bottom. Air conditioning vent is pointed upwards in front of one window, which takes away from sitting by the window. A desk/workstation anchored one window. These long windows allow light and gave spectacular views of Atlanta Skyline. Bedside lights are very powerful. Laying directly under the fixture tends to get hot really fast.

The bath room is wrapped in black modern rectangular tile with black grout. It appears as one huge slab of stone. Linear shower drain offset to the corner allows for bathers to stand on slightly pitched tile for a comfortable shower experience. Glass enclosure prevents water from splashing onto the toilet. The toilet is a suction type that guarantees everything goes down. The above-counter round porcelain sink makes for mess free usage. Ceiling to counter height mirror creates a sense of infinity. Although, the hair dryer occupied a single hook; no other place to hang face towels. A ceiling to floor mirror hang off a barn style sliding door that closes off the bathroom and toilet from the vanity area for privacy. Very thoughtful and modern construction.

I did not visit the XYZ lounge, but this place rocks. The music can be heard throughout the hotel. I’m sure there are quiet times or as they say, when in Rome or Atlanta, join in. Very hip, cool, modern hotel with friendly and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Be as far as possible from XYZ lounge.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!