“Nothing short of outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #131 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Toms River
“Nothing short of outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of the best US properties I've ever stayed at. Very friendly and accommodating front desk staff. The room was clean, new and comfortable. Great lobby bar with entertainment. And the fitness room was fantastic, new clean and functioning equipment.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'd previously stayed at this brand only once (Aloft Tallahassee, FL) -- and that had been a good experience -- so I didn't think twice about the booking. The price was right, the accommodations acceptable, and the location couln't get any better.

We had planned the family roadtrip as "summer's last hurrah" before school started, taking in Six Flags Atlanta, Savannah, Hilton Head, and Amelia Island, before returning home to Miami. I knew I'd made the right choice from the moment I approached the very uncoventional 'front desk' and was greeted with a big smile.

More than a typical hotel check-in, with all the corresponding "welcomes" and "yes sirs" and offers of help with the luggage, I was greeted by a relatively young staff of people genuinely eager to help us have an enjoyable stay. Wow, what a difference from the ordinary, stuffy and business-as-usual hotel check in! And from that auspicious encounter they succeeded in pleasing us right to the end.

As soon as we had settled in we were back down at the front desk -- really more a hub, a comand and control center -- asking for recommndations on how to spend the next few hours, bearing in mind that we had a nine and a thirteen year old in tow.

The recommendations were spot on, from a visit to the World of Coca-Cola (less than two blocks away), to a stop at Game-X for the kids (another 1/2 block -- much better and less noisy than Dave & Buster's), and a proper dinner at Legal Seafoods (right around the corner from Game-X). What luck, a five hour adventure within two blocks from the hotel!

When we returned to the hotel my son noticed a pool table -- yes, they have a pool table in the lobby -- and of course he wanted to play. I ordered a bottle of sparkling water from the bar while we waited our turn sitting on comfortable recliners. The waitress, humoring my nine year old, asked "would the young gentleman care to order anything?" My son was thrilled (and floored) that an adult would even notice him, so she offered to make him a Shirley Temple, on the house. If I hadn't already been won over, this was it. We sat there waiting for the pool table, my son feeling all self-important, and me smiling, thinking about the glowing review I would write for this hotel and it's staff.

We checked out early the following morning because we wanted to stop for a nice breakfast before driving out to Six Flags. Again, the front desk staff were very helpful with recommendations and verbal (as well as printed) directions. All my son could talk about at breakfast was how he'd beaten me at pool, and about his Shirley Temple.

Aloft is a spacious, airy, very well lit hotel. Ammenities are fine, the parking is fine, blah, blah, blah... it's not the Ritz-Carlton or the Four Seasons, but if that's the type of hotel you're searching for then you'd never end up on Aloft's website.

This is a welcoming, young, think outside the box, fun place to rest your head for the night, and it's made a fan out of me and my family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had been a fan of Aloft. They always offer reasonable price in a good location. The other Aloft I have been to also have great service. However, not this one.
1. Reservation was not ready even I arrive 8am for the reservation for the night before. Even they are going to charge me anyway (non-refundable), they canceled my reservation. What?! I told you that I was driving on the road and was going to arrive late
2. Asked for a king size room many times, and he told us it is a king size. Went upstairs, it's a double full-size bed.
3. Called me 2 days before my check-out time. Asking me why am i not checking out
4. don't expect them to clean up your room in a reasonable time. Ours were cleaned at least after 6pm every day when we were there
5. No towels at the pool. After I asked for it, the towels came 10 min later. By then I already brought my own towels from the room.

The only thing I like about the hotel is the gym is pretty well-equipped.

The hotel is pretty pricy given the level of service.

Room Tip: Do not book from this hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ighk0403,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. We aim to provide a great experience for our guests, and it sounds like we have some training opportunities to address with our team to ensure service is improved in the future. Receiving this type of information is very helpful for us to correct these kinds of issues and appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest feedback with us. Take care.
New York City, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Aloft brand is essentially a limited service W at a lower price point. They retain many of the stylish elements of a W, but with a more spartan functional design with splashes of color or art. The Lobby features a pool table, WXYZ Bar and small swimming pool. There are comfortable seating areas to work or lounge around and there are board games and even a Happy Hour.

The rooms do not have bathtubs, so not recommended for those with young children or those that absolutely need a tub. Another nod to functional design is there are no cabinets with drawers only open shelving. There isn't Room Service or Bell Staff (carts are available), but there is Breakfast, food and snacks available for purchase in the Lobby. The $9 Breakfast Combo is a relative bargain. Self-parking is $20. There are parking lots nearby, ranging from $3.50-$5.00, if you are looking to save even more. It is centrally located literally steps from the Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola and CNN Center. It is about 15 minutes from the Airport, if there's is light traffic.

If you have the proper expectations regarding its limitations, this hotel is lower priced non-traditional option.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this newly opened hotel and was greeted well and pleased at check in. came back late in eve to find that my shades would not go down for privacy, plus city lights are bright. Went to call down about it and phone would not work. There was no main phone number to call either. A woman traveling alone wants to feel safe and this isn't good. So now that I've undressed, washed my makeup off and removed my contacts.... I gotta take my tired butt downstairs to ask for help. They tell me someone will come up ( it's midnight) I wait tiredly and no one comes up.... I cannot call. Down again. Different guy at 12:30 no clue what I'm talking about. Says he will send someone. Angrily I tell him he should give me key to room next to me and I will call it a night! He did. He would have let me wait again?! I wake, sit on the loo and there is Something that looks kinda like squirts of mustard on the wall. iCK! I took a photo and showed to girl at desk ... She at least reacts and apologizes ... Gives me a free drink coupon and I took it. Wrote manager and they thanked me for letting them know. So just know that if you have one, two or three problems they will give you a drink and hearty "thanks for the input" What happen to customer service?

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing fashion mart side so you have a nice view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Normally we always stay at st Regis or at least a w in the Starwood brand, but this trip wasn't for pleasure so I decided to save a couple dollars and try this aloft imprint. Very cool concept they have. It's like you get all the stables of the w brand but without the price. Sure it's not full service but you're not paying the full service price either. Staff was warm and welcoming. Those crazy kids at the bar were a blast! I liked that it was easy in and easy out not too stuffy. Definitely a new standard in the business travel society. Very cool.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Aloft hotel is not a traditional style hotel. It's very nice, very different, very functional. If you are expecting something "typical" then go to a "typical" hotel. The materials used were impressive and had forethought. I liked it..after I got out of the "typical" mindset. My room was clean, staff was nice and engaging but also didn't bother me with "can I get you anything" questions while I worked in the lobby. These guys are on the forefront of what the new traveler is wanting. Way to go ALOFT!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!