“B'day getaway for wife” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twelve Centennial Park

Save Saved
You added Twelve Centennial Park to your Saves list
Twelve Centennial Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 W. Peachtree Street, (opening late August 2007), Atlanta, GA 30308 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #47 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“B'day getaway for wife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel Twelve was a grand place to stay. We enjoyed the stay. The staff were wonderful, friendly, and the room was outstanding. What a room and the outside view was great. This hotel was recommended by my wife friend for her birthday getaway.
Last week, we stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel in Chicago for four days for a wedding. This hotel, the Knickerbocker is indeed a grand place to stay (Downtown Chicago) and yet very expensive. The staff were kind and very helpful. However, the only negitive comment that we had were the room.The room that we stayed in were small ( our master bedroom was bigger than it) and did not offer a lot space and amendities for the amount of money that were spent. We were not happy with the room and without a doubt, the Knickerbocker is out of its league when compared to the Twelve.
Anyway, thanks for a great stay and we will return soon.

Room Tip: Room was quiet and very clean. Great view of freeway and area. Great staff
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Jimmy W,

Thank you for the excellent review and I hope that you and your wife had a great birthday weekend. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suites and the service provided by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our family of 4 enjoyed our view from the 15th floor. The room was spacious, had a computer and work station in room for personal use. Front desk was helpful and attentive. Hotel is centrally located so we could walk to aquarium and coca-cola and kids enjoyed the mellow mushroom around the corner. We did have some housekeeping issues and room service problems. Pet feces was found on the fold up mattress when we went to make up the sofa bed. I contacted housekeeping and asked that they replace the mattress which they did and replaced the two sofa cushions. I would suggest that the Twelve Hotel, like other hotels, reserve a few rooms on each floor as "pet friendly", while keeping some rooms as no pet rooms for those of us who have pet allergies, etc. Housekeeping was good, but didn't replenish bath items well (shampoo, towels, etc.). Took over 2 hours to get clean towels on our 2nd day and it put us behind schedule for our sight seeing. With that said, would consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay with a pool view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Familyof4Nc,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the suites and the convenience of the location. I will follow up with our housekeeping manager on the issues that you mentioned and please accept my apologies for this. I see that you would consider us if in the area again which is good to read. Please let me know if you are staying with us on a future occasion.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed 8 nights with a teenager and a child. Our unit was spacious and well kept. Twelve is very conveniently located very near Civic Center MARTA station; we were able to take the bus to the Zoo and back from in front of the hotel! Housekeeping was very good. LOVED having a full kitchen and saved a bundle by having breakfasts and picnic supplies on-hand. Very basic housewares are provided but I would advise someone who's planning to cook to bring potholders, salt and pepper, and a few extra forks and spoons (only four were provided). There is a Publix supermarket about 6 blocks away. The pool area was nice and the workout room is well-maintained as well. My only complaints: we were street side and it took some getting used to the noise. I'm pretty picky when it comes to accommodations and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan to dine in your room, make sure you get a deluxe suite; the lesser suites do not having...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear PaulaComm,

Thanks for posting an informative review on your recent 8 day stay at the hotel. It sounds like you had a great time in Atlanta and we appreciate you choosing TWELVE as your home away from home. I am glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suites and our convenient location. It is certainly wonderful to hear that you would stay with us again. If you are planning a return trip please let us know in advance and we can select a room location away from the street side for you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here to attend a few Braves games, and will definitely return. The rooms are a condo style, which we didn't take advantage of in our one night stay, but would be great for anyone looking for an extended stay hotel or a lot of room. We were upgraded to a room with a great view and enjoyed the large pool area; uncommonly large I think for downtown Atlanta. A true outdoor rooftop pool and lounge area. Not an extravagant hotel experience (feels mostly like you are staying in someone else's condo which apparently many of the rooms are), but definitely does the job for the price. Furnishings and bed spread (ick, we took it off the bed and just used the down comforter under it) were very basic...but the value was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SC313,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the view and we do indeed have one of the largest pool decks in the downtown area. (All of our suites are owned entirely by the hotel. We do not have individual unit owners). I am happy to see that you felt we offered good value. I hope that we see you on a future visit to Atlanta.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here recently when on a business trip. The rooms are huge! Far bigger and nicer than my NYC apartment. There is a full kitchen, large bathroom with both a shower and spa tub. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel was easy to get to via public transportation from the airport. It also seemed to be close to everything. The service seemed good and the facilities and rooms were very clean. I would highly recommend this place to anybody else staying in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CityPrep,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the spacious suites and the amenities that they offer. We appreciate your personal recommendation and hope to see you on a future visit to Atlanta.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Twelve for a weekend that we were doing an engagement photo shoot. We had tons of equipment and really early mornings. The hotel staff was nice. The room was very nice. There was a small (full) kitchen, plush sleeping area and balcony with an awesome view.

The valet service was not good. I'm not sure why they kept having problems, but this was one part of the trip that we did not enjoy. The guys were pleasant, but their process was not very efficient - we had excessive wait times every time we called for the car.

The bar downstairs was a nice hotel bar and the wait people were entertaining. We would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel seemed to be a hot spot for people into Atlanta nightlife. The lobby was a little noisy at...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Phototraveler_TJ,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I hope the photo shoot went well. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the awesome view, friendly staff and nice accommodations. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to give you a better experience with our valet service. I am not sure why the service was slow at this point, however, your comments are noted and I will follow up with the team to ensure we make every effort to provide a consistently high level of service to our guests. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to downtown Atlanta.

Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Absolutely adored this hotel, the room was bigger than most apartments with a lovely huge bathroom!
The bar staff were extremely friendly and there is a very welcoming ambience when you are sat at the bar, alot of hotel bars and quite sterile, this one not!
The restaurant is superb, we had dinner and I had fish with mussels which were incredibly fresh.
Breakfast was also delicious!
Front Desk and valets were also very courteous friendly and helpful
Fitness suite was great too
Location is also superb for the Olympic Park and Coca-cola museum.
Very happy memories of this hotel, thanks for that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear GNeuman,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite, the bar and the food on offer. I will also pass on your comments to our friendly and courteous front desk and valets. The location of our hotel is an ideal base point from where you can conveniently explore all of downtown Atlanta's attractions. It is nice to know that TWELVE will be part of some great memories for you.

John Reilly

Been to Twelve Centennial Park? Share your experiences!