“Very Enjoyable Two Day Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twelve Centennial Park

Save Saved
You added Twelve Centennial Park to your Saves list
Twelve Centennial Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 W. Peachtree Street, (opening late August 2007), Atlanta, GA 30308 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #49 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very Enjoyable Two Day Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you have to stay for any length of time in Downtown Atlanta, I suggest the Twelve. It sits right atop the Civic Center Marta Station. The rooms are really suites with a full kitchen, including a full fridge with ice machine, with two nice sized flat screen HD TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. The room was clean, well-lit with a wall sized window and plenty of lamps and overhead lighting. My balcony on the 16th floor faced west, so I got two gorgeous sunsets while I was there. Bathroom was big, with a deep tub and a walk-in shower.

The hotel staff were fantastic: very friendly, very helpful, eager to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Both Karin and Angel at the front desk went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The first night I ate at Room, the restaurant in the lobby, which was a little overpriced, but the food was pretty tasty. Portions are a bit on the small side.

In sum, the Twelve really made my stay pleasant and comfortable. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Jasmallen,

Thank you for the review and the recommendation. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our suites, amenities and the great service provided by the team. We apprecite the excellent endorsement and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My honey and I visited this hotel March 22-26, 2013 for his birthday. We had an awesome time. We had a one bedroom king deluxe on the 15th floor. The space was very nice. We were unable to enjoy th balcony due to the weather. It rained all 4 days we were there plus it snowed. Brrrrr. The front desk staff were quite lovely and professional. Our room was like a 1 bedroom apartment. We had a full kitchen-but not cooking supplies. No pots, pans, bowls to mix in, nothing. We called the front desk to ask them to explain why our "fully equipped kitchen" didn't have everything we needed to cook with. They explained that they didn't keep those dishes in the room and that we had to call and request the dishes. So we did, but when they brought the dishes up to us, they were dirty. Well, my honey being the customer service manager and expert at his place of employment, decided to go down to the desk with the dishes so they could see how dirty they were. The staff was wonderful and kept apologizing. They gave us new dishes, 2 days of free valet, and $20 voucher to their restaurant. We also had to of the most wonderful housekeeping attendants in the world. They both were so friendly and attentive. My husband is minister and on our last day there, we were able to pray and minister to one of the housekeeping attendants. I hate that I can't remember neither of their names. We also had an awesome valet attendant. We had the same guy all 4 days. It was so awesome to have him open the car door and the hotel lobby door. We didn't have any cash money the 1st few times he helped us, so we were unable to tip him. Well, the worker didn't care about the tip, he understood about us not having cash money but he still gave us top notch service. So we finally got cash back at the local Publix and was able to tip him. Sweetheart and I went to Publix to do some grocery shopping for dinner. We are vegans so we don't normally eat out. We are use to cooking our food. The room was great, we just wish there was a tub, and the ceiling looked like it was under construction. The curtains didn't have a pull rod for us to properly pull them shut but the mantainence guy came to fix it. Oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MOST HORRIBLE THING ABOUT THE ROOM WAS NO HOT WATER. I mean, we had some but not enough for the both of us to take a shower. It began to run out during my shower and my honey had to wait about 30 min before he could take his. Big bummer. We loved being close to lots of things to walk to. It was just too cold that wknd. We did walk to the Georgia Aquarium. It was not as big as I thought it was going to be but we still enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear namcam3,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent trip and belated birthday wishes to you. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations. Of course I am dissapointed to read about the issues that you experienced but at the same time extremely happy with the way that it was handled by the team members. Good to hear that you enjoyed our location--it is perfect for easy access to the downtown attractions and next to the MARTA station. Thanks for staying with us and I hope we see you on a future visit.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here Final Four weekend and could not have been more pleased with my stay.Hotel is conviently located to downtown and a easy walk to Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca Cola.We walked to the Georgia Dome which was slightly more then a mile.From the moment we arrived the staff,especially Karin at the front desk,went out of their way to answer any questions we had.We called for extra sheets and they were at our door within 5 minutes.Only minor complaint I had was with the restaurant,our breakfast was medicore for the price and,frankly,lukewarm when it arrived at our table.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear bhawbill,

Thanks for the "Great Stay" review. It is always a pleasure to read the comments of a satisfied patron. Final Four weekend in downtown Atlanta was superb with a great buzz with all of the excitement the tournament and concerts generated. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location to access the downtown attractions and thank you for recognizing Karin. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the rest of the team. Your feedback on breakfast is duly noted. I will share these comments with the chef and restaurant manager. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Caledonia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was in town for the final four and though my friend lives about 25 minutes north of the city we decided that my family would stay downtown Sunday night, since his kids had to go to school Monday and we would be late. We chose Twelve for the location and it was an easy walk to Centennial Park, Georgia Dome, Coke whatever was nearby. The staff was super nice and check in was a breeze. I asked for a cart to get bags upstairs but the person at the valet station helped load them up and brought them to the room. With 4 of us we liked the fridge/kitchen option along with a tv in the living area that was seperated from the sleeping area. We were able to keep drinks and food in there in case we got hungry, could have cooked but we were on vacation so we dined out. All employees were super nice and helped with directions or whatever we needed. Had we been there loger we also would have used the pool area but since we were in a hurry to get downtown for concerts Saturday and then head to the games Sunday we did not but he pool looked good and the area open for nice afternoon sun. We will stay here again without a thought if we visit Atlanta! There was traffic noise but that is to be expected in a city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear baidog,

Thanks for the great review. Final Four weekend was a great weekend to be in downtown Atlanta. I am sure you enjoyed the amazing concert performances in the park. I am glad that you enjoyed our suites and the service of our team members. I will pass on your great comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to downtown.

springfield, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel four nights and we loved it. The rooms are beautiful with floor to ceiling windows, full kitchen with granite counters, stainless appliances, high ceilings, contemporary furnishings. All the rooms have a bedroom and separate living area. Our king bedroom was not completely private and separated from the living area, so if you are planning to use the pullout sofa in the living area keep in mind that the bedroom will not be private or closed off. Our room worked great for a couple, but wouldn't have worked very well for more than two people. The hotel might have king suites that offer a private bedroom.
Overall we loved it and will stay again on our next visit to Atlanta.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic noise request a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear mosrm,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our "spacious, beautiful rooms" during your recent trip. Our suites are indeed spacious and well equipped. We do have some different floor plans where the bedroom has a door separating the lounge and bedroom so if you are travelling with the family on your next visit you can request this layout. I am glad that you loved your stay overall and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for business. I am not a picky person but I never 100% happy with hotels. This one was very nice. You really feels like you are at home. You have everything you need in your room. It's located in a very convenient location in downtown Atlanta. The restaurant it's a little bit expensive but good. Overall, I had a wonderful stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Diaz1218,

Thank you for your review "Feels like home". That is a perfect title because we want all of our guests to feel like TWELVE is their home away from home. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and would choose us again if you were in downtown Atlanta. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the city.

bergisch-gladbach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After reading some previous reviews, I expected the Valets to be extremely rude both upon arrival and departure. Surprise!! On both occasions, my daughter, son-in-law, 8 year old granddaughter and I were treated to an extremely courteous Valet team! All Reception personnel were courteous, friendly, and helpful. Suite was comfortable, clean, well furnished and nicely stocked. Room Service was quick, efficient and polite. Granddaughter's ice cream requested was greeted with great regret that none was available but with such a choice of other items, presented with such friendliness, that she was not too disappointed. The computer and free use was greatly appreciated during our 3 day stay here and best of all, not at all slow as some hotel systems tend to be. Great location and short walking distances to various tourist sites.

We had dinner in the hotel one evening which was really excellent. Not sure if the restaurant belongs to the hotel but can certainly recommend.

Only negatives were: 1) the sofa bed mattress was on the thin side - perhaps a 3-5 inch foam topper would do the trick; and 2) parking fees rather on the steep side

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor. Great views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Southernbell62,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities. I will certainly pass on your comments to the operations team who will be appreciative of the recognition. Your comment on the sleeper sofa matress is noted and I will have our housekeeping manager look into what can be done about that. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

John Reilly

Been to Twelve Centennial Park? Share your experiences!