“Spacious and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twelve Centennial Park

Save Saved
You added Twelve Centennial Park to your Saves list
Twelve Centennial Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 W. Peachtree Street, (opening late August 2007), Atlanta, GA 30308 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #43 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Boston
“Spacious and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Spent a few days in Atlanta on a family trip. The two bedroom sweet was perfect for a family - spacious and very comfortable, and more reasonable than taking two hotel rooms at a much less plush hotel. Location was good - a quick walk to the Atlanta attractions and convenient to the major roads. Service was responsive, accomodating and professional. ESPECIALLY the valet parking staff - important as this is the "First face' of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Jagara,

Thank you for posting the super review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the space and comfort of our suites. I will pass on your comments to the valet team who will be very appreciative of your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Atlanta.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

So I tried to surprise my fiance for his birthday by having a cake delivered to his room @ Twelve. I thought I would be given great customer service since I was able to obtain the hotel managers direct email address via this site. I was wrong. I emailed John Reilly one day prior to my fiance arriving explaining that he would be there for three nights and I really wanted to do something special for him because not only is it his birthday weekend but his bachelor party as well. No response from John so the next day (the day before his birthday) I called the front desk who transferred me to the concierge who emailed me a list of sundries that I could choose from to be delivered, I really wanted a cake, which they said was fine, I'd just have to contact a local bakery and they would be happy to have it delivered to his room. Well I found a bakery that has stores here in Florida that happens to have great products, I ordered the cake and had it delivered to the hotel, I then called the hotel to confirm that they received it and they put me on hold for approximately ten minutes, I finally hung up and called back and told the person that answered that I really needed to speak with the front desk regarding a delivery. By the time I actually got to speak with someone they had already called my fiance to pick the cake up HIMSELF! needless to say I was beyond livid, their explanation: no one told us anything?????????? The hotel itself is a beautiful property but the customer service is beyond poor!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mrs Anderson,

Firstly let me say that I am genuinely sorry that your surprise for your fiancee did not work out as planned. I can certainly understand your frustration and dissapointment.I am afraid that I did not receive your email. On reading your post I checked and found your original mail in my spam folder. I do receive many emails directly from guests via tripadvisor and other sites with requests and thus far I do not beleive that any that may have been missed have been the key factor in executing a celebration. It is entirely understandable that this dissapointment would put a less than celebratory tone on the three day stay at the hotel. I of course wish that events had turned out more positively and certainly appreciate that you found our property to be beautiful. If you wish to discuss then please call the hotel and ask for me.

Middletown, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I checked in and then went out in Atlanta. When I got back, it was late and in the morning, I found a lot of things that weren't cleaned. There was a dirty towel on the counter, there were a few rose petals on the floor, and in the kitchen, there was some clear plastic on the floor. The shower was only hot when I turned it all the way to the end, or it was cold, there wasn't a good balance of warmth. And there was a strange buzzing noise for a few hours. Also, my recommendation is to bring ear plugs because you can hear the traffic on the street.

• Stayed February 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Jaime W,

Thank you for posting a review on your visit to TWELVE. Please allow me to offer my apologies for the sub standard housekeeping service that you experienced. While it is very dissapointing to read this I feel comfortable in saying that it is not a reflection of our normal standards .For our guests who are sensitive to noise we can allocate a suite on a higher floor on the other side of the building. May I ask you to forward the suite number that you stayed in or your last name so that I may follow up with the operations team. Please contact me if you are returning to Atlanta on a future visit.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Twelve Centinnial for an early valentine's day getaway - we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning to this hotel the next time we are in Atlanta.

The location is a huge perk of this hotel - we were able to walk to World of Coke and the Aquarium from the hotel which was really convenient. It is also right next to the Marta station - we didn't use it but it was nice that it was so close just in case.

The room itself was great - we had a deluxe king which had a kitchen/living room separate from the bedroom. There were plates and glasses in the room and you could even request pots and pans if you wanted to cook. The bedroom is really pretty as is the bathroom which had a glass shower and a separate tub. The only semi-complaint that we had was that the curtains were very thin and let in a lot of light. I don't think this would be a problem for most people, but it just made us wake up a bit earlier than we would have liked (totally minor).

Another thing that was convenient was the valet parking - I was initially not thrilled that I had to pay what I thought was a little steep for valet parking, especially after having read some of the other reviews on here and what they said about the valet service. By the end of the trip though, I was actually really glad that we had it. You could request your car at any time through your in room computer and it would be waiting for you when you got downstairs. We utilized this everytime we needed the car and it was always ready when we got downstairs. All of the valet service team was very friendly and opened the doors for us, etc.

The room was very spacious and really did feel like a home away from home. We were really happy with our stay and will definitely return the next time we are in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Keaton F,

Sounds like you and your husband enjoyed your early Valentines treat in Atlanta. I am glad that you enjoyed TWELVE and thank you for posting a great review. Our goal is indeed to be your home away from home, so I am glad that is what you felt. I will have the curtains checked in the suite that you stayed in. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spacious rooms with kitchen & sitting area separate from bedroom & bathroom. Excellent service by front desk & housekeeping. Pity the traffic noise from the highway across the way is so excessive.

Unhappy that the gym was closed for maintenence the whole week we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Auss1e63,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites. Sorry to read that you were affected by the traffic noise. If you are coming back let us know ahead of time and we can allocate a suite on the other side of the hotel.

Monterey California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a terrific modern hotel that is really more like a residence. We took the Marta (Atlanta subway) from the airport to the civic center stop that is right next to the hotel for just a few dollars.

Our room was a king suite on the 16th floor and was spectacular.
Large full kitchen , desk, sleeper sofa , table and floor to ceiling windows.
You walk to the windows at the end of the suite and turn to see a large bedroom, sliding glass door to a balcony and a lovely bathroom. The raw concrete ceilings contrast nicely with the sleek modern decor and the height of the ceiling makes the spaces seem even larger. Two wonderful flat screen tv's and a terrific selection of HD cable channels and very comfortable bed(not too soft or too firm)

I could not give the place 5 stars however because of 2 issues. There was a black out curtain missing on the window next to our bed which was not fixed during our stay. There was a foul septic / sewer smell coming out of our shower drain that filled the apartment while we were gone and was also not fixed during our stay. When we entered the room we had to open the sliding glass doors to air it out and cover the drain with towels to keep the smell out. Even so I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and a visit to Atlanta.

If you do not wish to eat at the hotel restaurant you can find a bakery / restaurant about a long block down to the right as you exit the front of the hotel. If you keep walking a couple more blocks you are in the heart of downtown with many options.
If you exit the hotel towards the left side you will immediately find the subway that can take you around atlanta or back to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Trisatn017,

Thank you for posting a super review on your recent visit. Our goal at TWELVE is to create a home away from home experience for our guests, and it seems that we managed to do that for you. Our suites are indeed spacious and are ideal for those who wish to spread out with the extra space or perhaps stay for an extended period. I am dissapointed that we did not resolve the two issues that we experienced in a timely manner as I would have liked the extra star. I will follow up with the team to ensure we are more responsive in resolving these types of issues. I am glad that you had an excellent experience overall and I do hope we can welcome you back on a future occassion.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at Twelve Centennial for two nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. The biggest perk to me was its location. If you plan on visiting a lot of the downtown attractions, then staying here will help you save on parking (although you do have to pay for valet), gas and driving time. I hate driving on vacation so I was very thankful that I was in walking distance of many of the places I visited. When I did have to drive, it was a very short drive. This hotel is also located across the street from a train station if you don't want to drive at all. The room was pretty modern, spacious and also had a balcony. The space you get here is another plus, as other downtown hotels may only be a room but this one is more of a mini apartment.

The only complaint I had was with valet. The valet guys seemed to be unattentive and not very welcome. In my opinion, since valet is the first and last to greet you, they are just as important as those at the front desk. One guy was nice and pleasant each time but the rest of the guys were like moving lethargic blobs. One guy didn't even crack a smile or dared to sound sincere while telling me, "welcome back". Upon first checking in the valet attendant handed me a stub that you're suppose to have handy when you need your car. Well, I was in a rush so I threw it into one of my bags and I couldn't find it. Each time I called for my car I was lucky enough to get a lady (I think her name was Marion) who assisted me and there was no problem getting my car. One night I called down about 15-20 minutes ahead and someone else answered. I explained the ticket situation and he said okay and asked the same questions as Marion had. Well when I got down, the valet attendant was sitting down and he walked up to me and just gave me a blank stare. I told him that I had called down for my car and he then asked for my ticket. I told him I didnt have it. He then went inside, came out, went in, then came out and asked for my id and room number. After that I still had to wait for him to get the car because they have never gotten it. Maybe it wouldn't have been as annoying if "blob" pretended to be pleasant or didn't greet me with a blank stare as if I would be coming to valet for something other than a car. On top of that, after inspecting my car I found a black mark about 4 inches long that I know wasn't there before my trip to Twelve.

Don't let my valet story discourage you, maybe they felt my tips sucked. It really is a nice hotel and everyone else was friendly. I would recommend this hotel and even stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Ashley K,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. The hotel is ideally situated for walking to the Aquarium, World of Coke and other downtown attractions. I will follow up with the valets as your observations and comments, as this is very dissapointing to read. I appreciate your comments on your overall experience.

John Reilly

Been to Twelve Centennial Park? Share your experiences!