“You can find a better place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Twelve Centennial Park

You added Twelve Centennial Park to your Saves list
Twelve Centennial Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 W. Peachtree Street, (opening late August 2007), Atlanta, GA 30308 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #55 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Middletown, Connecticut
“You can find a better place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I checked in and then went out in Atlanta. When I got back, it was late and in the morning, I found a lot of things that weren't cleaned. There was a dirty towel on the counter, there were a few rose petals on the floor, and in the kitchen, there was some clear plastic on the floor. The shower was only hot when I turned it all the way to the end, or it was cold, there wasn't a good balance of warmth. And there was a strange buzzing noise for a few hours. Also, my recommendation is to bring ear plugs because you can hear the traffic on the street.

• Stayed February 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Jaime W,

Thank you for posting a review on your visit to TWELVE. Please allow me to offer my apologies for the sub standard housekeeping service that you experienced. While it is very dissapointing to read this I feel comfortable in saying that it is not a reflection of our normal standards .For our guests who are sensitive to noise we can allocate a suite on a higher floor on the other side of the building. May I ask you to forward the suite number that you stayed in or your last name so that I may follow up with the operations team. Please contact me if you are returning to Atlanta on a future visit.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Twelve Centinnial for an early valentine's day getaway - we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning to this hotel the next time we are in Atlanta.

The location is a huge perk of this hotel - we were able to walk to World of Coke and the Aquarium from the hotel which was really convenient. It is also right next to the Marta station - we didn't use it but it was nice that it was so close just in case.

The room itself was great - we had a deluxe king which had a kitchen/living room separate from the bedroom. There were plates and glasses in the room and you could even request pots and pans if you wanted to cook. The bedroom is really pretty as is the bathroom which had a glass shower and a separate tub. The only semi-complaint that we had was that the curtains were very thin and let in a lot of light. I don't think this would be a problem for most people, but it just made us wake up a bit earlier than we would have liked (totally minor).

Another thing that was convenient was the valet parking - I was initially not thrilled that I had to pay what I thought was a little steep for valet parking, especially after having read some of the other reviews on here and what they said about the valet service. By the end of the trip though, I was actually really glad that we had it. You could request your car at any time through your in room computer and it would be waiting for you when you got downstairs. We utilized this everytime we needed the car and it was always ready when we got downstairs. All of the valet service team was very friendly and opened the doors for us, etc.

The room was very spacious and really did feel like a home away from home. We were really happy with our stay and will definitely return the next time we are in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Keaton F,

Sounds like you and your husband enjoyed your early Valentines treat in Atlanta. I am glad that you enjoyed TWELVE and thank you for posting a great review. Our goal is indeed to be your home away from home, so I am glad that is what you felt. I will have the curtains checked in the suite that you stayed in. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spacious rooms with kitchen & sitting area separate from bedroom & bathroom. Excellent service by front desk & housekeeping. Pity the traffic noise from the highway across the way is so excessive.

Unhappy that the gym was closed for maintenence the whole week we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Auss1e63,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites. Sorry to read that you were affected by the traffic noise. If you are coming back let us know ahead of time and we can allocate a suite on the other side of the hotel.

Monterey California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a terrific modern hotel that is really more like a residence. We took the Marta (Atlanta subway) from the airport to the civic center stop that is right next to the hotel for just a few dollars.

Our room was a king suite on the 16th floor and was spectacular.
Large full kitchen , desk, sleeper sofa , table and floor to ceiling windows.
You walk to the windows at the end of the suite and turn to see a large bedroom, sliding glass door to a balcony and a lovely bathroom. The raw concrete ceilings contrast nicely with the sleek modern decor and the height of the ceiling makes the spaces seem even larger. Two wonderful flat screen tv's and a terrific selection of HD cable channels and very comfortable bed(not too soft or too firm)

I could not give the place 5 stars however because of 2 issues. There was a black out curtain missing on the window next to our bed which was not fixed during our stay. There was a foul septic / sewer smell coming out of our shower drain that filled the apartment while we were gone and was also not fixed during our stay. When we entered the room we had to open the sliding glass doors to air it out and cover the drain with towels to keep the smell out. Even so I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and a visit to Atlanta.

If you do not wish to eat at the hotel restaurant you can find a bakery / restaurant about a long block down to the right as you exit the front of the hotel. If you keep walking a couple more blocks you are in the heart of downtown with many options.
If you exit the hotel towards the left side you will immediately find the subway that can take you around atlanta or back to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Trisatn017,

Thank you for posting a super review on your recent visit. Our goal at TWELVE is to create a home away from home experience for our guests, and it seems that we managed to do that for you. Our suites are indeed spacious and are ideal for those who wish to spread out with the extra space or perhaps stay for an extended period. I am dissapointed that we did not resolve the two issues that we experienced in a timely manner as I would have liked the extra star. I will follow up with the team to ensure we are more responsive in resolving these types of issues. I am glad that you had an excellent experience overall and I do hope we can welcome you back on a future occassion.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at Twelve Centennial for two nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. The biggest perk to me was its location. If you plan on visiting a lot of the downtown attractions, then staying here will help you save on parking (although you do have to pay for valet), gas and driving time. I hate driving on vacation so I was very thankful that I was in walking distance of many of the places I visited. When I did have to drive, it was a very short drive. This hotel is also located across the street from a train station if you don't want to drive at all. The room was pretty modern, spacious and also had a balcony. The space you get here is another plus, as other downtown hotels may only be a room but this one is more of a mini apartment.

The only complaint I had was with valet. The valet guys seemed to be unattentive and not very welcome. In my opinion, since valet is the first and last to greet you, they are just as important as those at the front desk. One guy was nice and pleasant each time but the rest of the guys were like moving lethargic blobs. One guy didn't even crack a smile or dared to sound sincere while telling me, "welcome back". Upon first checking in the valet attendant handed me a stub that you're suppose to have handy when you need your car. Well, I was in a rush so I threw it into one of my bags and I couldn't find it. Each time I called for my car I was lucky enough to get a lady (I think her name was Marion) who assisted me and there was no problem getting my car. One night I called down about 15-20 minutes ahead and someone else answered. I explained the ticket situation and he said okay and asked the same questions as Marion had. Well when I got down, the valet attendant was sitting down and he walked up to me and just gave me a blank stare. I told him that I had called down for my car and he then asked for my ticket. I told him I didnt have it. He then went inside, came out, went in, then came out and asked for my id and room number. After that I still had to wait for him to get the car because they have never gotten it. Maybe it wouldn't have been as annoying if "blob" pretended to be pleasant or didn't greet me with a blank stare as if I would be coming to valet for something other than a car. On top of that, after inspecting my car I found a black mark about 4 inches long that I know wasn't there before my trip to Twelve.

Don't let my valet story discourage you, maybe they felt my tips sucked. It really is a nice hotel and everyone else was friendly. I would recommend this hotel and even stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Ashley K,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. The hotel is ideally situated for walking to the Aquarium, World of Coke and other downtown attractions. I will follow up with the valets as your observations and comments, as this is very dissapointing to read. I appreciate your comments on your overall experience.

Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was in town 2 nights for a meeting and my organization booked at the Twelve since it was close to our meeting spot. The hotel is convenient from the airport via taxi or there is a Marta station less then a block away. was very impressed walking in by the lobby. Very modern & clean very much a boutique hotel. Was checked in by Selene who was very personable & did a great job.my room was on the 11th floor close to the elevators but that wasn't an issue at all.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room. Not only did it have a full kitchen but a living room as well. The bathroom had a very nice separate shower & bath. The king size bed was very comfortable. You did hear a little street noise when safety personnel drove by with their sirens on but aside from that it was negligible.

There are no vending machines there. All purchases run through the front desk. You can either buy them there or use the computer system in your room to order them & they will be brought to you for an up charge. All of the staff I encountered were VERY friendly and seemed to care which sadly isn't the norm anymore. There is a upscale restaurant called The Room at the Hotel which i will review on it's own. All in all a great place to stay.

My only complaint is that there is not that much within walking distance to eat or shop but that's not the hotel's fault. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear dbgindy,

Thank you for posting a great review about the TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the service our team provided. I will be sure to acknowledge Selene. Our suites are large and very well equipped with all the comforts of home. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta then I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE.

Harare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

mY FAMILY AND I WE STAYED at twelve Centennial for six days.we have an Hotel like apartiment with our own stove fridge and living room and dinning.we could cook our food and enjoy like were home.and sometime we will go down for dinner or breakfast.itis located near to the shop ad movie place and tube station you will not be bored while your here.custome service was great.valley parking or if you want a cab it will just come within a mn.it amazing.i recomend this especial for family and take the family selfservice rooms.

Room Tip: family this is the Hotel to be when you Atlanta.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear margaret m,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE. I am glad that we were able to be your home away from home while you were in Atlanta.

John Reilly

Been to Twelve Centennial Park? Share your experiences!