I stayed at Twelve Centennial for two nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. The biggest perk to me was its location. If you plan on visiting a lot of the downtown attractions, then staying here will help you save on parking (although you do have to pay for valet), gas and driving time. I hate driving on vacation so I was very thankful that I was in walking distance of many of the places I visited. When I did have to drive, it was a very short drive. This hotel is also located across the street from a train station if you don't want to drive at all. The room was pretty modern, spacious and also had a balcony. The space you get here is another plus, as other downtown hotels may only be a room but this one is more of a mini apartment.
The only complaint I had was with valet. The valet guys seemed to be unattentive and not very welcome. In my opinion, since valet is the first and last to greet you, they are just as important as those at the front desk. One guy was nice and pleasant each time but the rest of the guys were like moving lethargic blobs. One guy didn't even crack a smile or dared to sound sincere while telling me, "welcome back". Upon first checking in the valet attendant handed me a stub that you're suppose to have handy when you need your car. Well, I was in a rush so I threw it into one of my bags and I couldn't find it. Each time I called for my car I was lucky enough to get a lady (I think her name was Marion) who assisted me and there was no problem getting my car. One night I called down about 15-20 minutes ahead and someone else answered. I explained the ticket situation and he said okay and asked the same questions as Marion had. Well when I got down, the valet attendant was sitting down and he walked up to me and just gave me a blank stare. I told him that I had called down for my car and he then asked for my ticket. I told him I didnt have it. He then went inside, came out, went in, then came out and asked for my id and room number. After that I still had to wait for him to get the car because they have never gotten it. Maybe it wouldn't have been as annoying if "blob" pretended to be pleasant or didn't greet me with a blank stare as if I would be coming to valet for something other than a car. On top of that, after inspecting my car I found a black mark about 4 inches long that I know wasn't there before my trip to Twelve.
Don't let my valet story discourage you, maybe they felt my tips sucked. It really is a nice hotel and everyone else was friendly. I would recommend this hotel and even stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This upscale hotel is 0.5 miles from The World of Coca-Cola and across the street from a rapid-transit stop. ... The stylish 1- and 2-bedroom suites feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs in the living and sleeping areas, DVDs and a console for accessing hotel services such as dinner reservations or valet parking. All rooms have laptop safes and desks with ergonomic chairs as well as full kitchens with stainless steel appliances. The fine-dining American restaurant has an outdoor terrace. There's a rooftop pool deck and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Twelve Hotel & Residences Centennial Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 12 Centennial Park
- Twelve Centennial Park Atlanta
- Twelve Centennial Park Hotel Atlanta