“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at Twelve Centennial for two nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. The biggest perk to me was its location. If you plan on visiting a lot of the downtown attractions, then staying here will help you save on parking (although you do have to pay for valet), gas and driving time. I hate driving on vacation so I was very thankful that I was in walking distance of many of the places I visited. When I did have to drive, it was a very short drive. This hotel is also located across the street from a train station if you don't want to drive at all. The room was pretty modern, spacious and also had a balcony. The space you get here is another plus, as other downtown hotels may only be a room but this one is more of a mini apartment.

The only complaint I had was with valet. The valet guys seemed to be unattentive and not very welcome. In my opinion, since valet is the first and last to greet you, they are just as important as those at the front desk. One guy was nice and pleasant each time but the rest of the guys were like moving lethargic blobs. One guy didn't even crack a smile or dared to sound sincere while telling me, "welcome back". Upon first checking in the valet attendant handed me a stub that you're suppose to have handy when you need your car. Well, I was in a rush so I threw it into one of my bags and I couldn't find it. Each time I called for my car I was lucky enough to get a lady (I think her name was Marion) who assisted me and there was no problem getting my car. One night I called down about 15-20 minutes ahead and someone else answered. I explained the ticket situation and he said okay and asked the same questions as Marion had. Well when I got down, the valet attendant was sitting down and he walked up to me and just gave me a blank stare. I told him that I had called down for my car and he then asked for my ticket. I told him I didnt have it. He then went inside, came out, went in, then came out and asked for my id and room number. After that I still had to wait for him to get the car because they have never gotten it. Maybe it wouldn't have been as annoying if "blob" pretended to be pleasant or didn't greet me with a blank stare as if I would be coming to valet for something other than a car. On top of that, after inspecting my car I found a black mark about 4 inches long that I know wasn't there before my trip to Twelve.

Don't let my valet story discourage you, maybe they felt my tips sucked. It really is a nice hotel and everyone else was friendly. I would recommend this hotel and even stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Ashley K,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to the hotel. The hotel is ideally situated for walking to the Aquarium, World of Coke and other downtown attractions. I will follow up with the valets as your observations and comments, as this is very dissapointing to read. I appreciate your comments on your overall experience.

John Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was in town 2 nights for a meeting and my organization booked at the Twelve since it was close to our meeting spot. The hotel is convenient from the airport via taxi or there is a Marta station less then a block away. was very impressed walking in by the lobby. Very modern & clean very much a boutique hotel. Was checked in by Selene who was very personable & did a great job.my room was on the 11th floor close to the elevators but that wasn't an issue at all.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room. Not only did it have a full kitchen but a living room as well. The bathroom had a very nice separate shower & bath. The king size bed was very comfortable. You did hear a little street noise when safety personnel drove by with their sirens on but aside from that it was negligible.

There are no vending machines there. All purchases run through the front desk. You can either buy them there or use the computer system in your room to order them & they will be brought to you for an up charge. All of the staff I encountered were VERY friendly and seemed to care which sadly isn't the norm anymore. There is a upscale restaurant called The Room at the Hotel which i will review on it's own. All in all a great place to stay.

My only complaint is that there is not that much within walking distance to eat or shop but that's not the hotel's fault. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear dbgindy,

Thank you for posting a great review about the TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the service our team provided. I will be sure to acknowledge Selene. Our suites are large and very well equipped with all the comforts of home. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta then I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE.

Harare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

mY FAMILY AND I WE STAYED at twelve Centennial for six days.we have an Hotel like apartiment with our own stove fridge and living room and dinning.we could cook our food and enjoy like were home.and sometime we will go down for dinner or breakfast.itis located near to the shop ad movie place and tube station you will not be bored while your here.custome service was great.valley parking or if you want a cab it will just come within a mn.it amazing.i recomend this especial for family and take the family selfservice rooms.

Room Tip: family this is the Hotel to be when you Atlanta.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear margaret m,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE. I am glad that we were able to be your home away from home while you were in Atlanta.

Sandys, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is brand new. The rooms are very comfortable we had a 2 bedroom suite. the staff friendly. We did eat dinner there and the service and food very good, but the rest of our stay we ate out. The one of the night managers told us how we could get to their other hotel down at Atlantic Station..... will definitely go back there ideal location. The Marta is just a few steps from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear knitro,

Thank you for posting a great review on your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service. The hotel is convenientlly located next to a MARTA station so travel from the airport is easy, as is getting around town. Our Atlantic Station hotel is just 2 miles away and located in a great development in midtown. Perhaps you can try a stay there on your next visit.

sincerely.,

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Twelve Centennial September 10-12, 2012.
Overall, the hotel was trendy, roomy, and worth the price. I was in town for training at Ernst & Young two buildings down. I normally stay at W Hotels, but the Twelve was listed as a preferred property so I decided to give them a try.

Upon checking in, the Front Desk clerk told me she needed to place a credit card on file for incidentals. I gave her my credit card and was shocked that 15 minutes later there was a pending charge for $75 when I checked my mobile banking app in my room. I asked her about it and she said she was sorry she forgot to mention there was a pre-authorization hold of $75 until you check out. I felt a little misled but at that point what can you do.

Fast forward to Wednesday, September 12, I checked out early due to an 8:00 AM meeting. I was delighted that they were able to hold my bags until the afternoon, as my flight wasn't until later that evening. I retrieved my bags around 5:00 PM and headed to the airport for departure. It wasn’t until I retrieved my suitcase from baggage claim did I realize my Ipad wasn’t in my suitcase.

I called the hotel to report it missing and to explain that I had used it that morning to find train times. I distinctively remember it sitting next to my suitcase on the bed while I packed up my clothes and shoes that morning.

For the next 2-3 days I was passed back and forth between Annie Jackson and Rustin (can’t remember his last name), who were supposedly over housekeeping at the hotel. After explaining my situation over and over, I demanded they find my Ipad. Both claimed that there was only one key card swipe back into my room after I left and it was by their housekeeper Maria. Rustin said he would investigate tapes and ask Maria about the Ipad, but reported back to me that she did not see it on the bed, nor was it found in the laundry chute or room. I was furious. He also added that he had no reason to doubt her integrity and suggested I use the “Find My Iphone” feature to try and track it down. At this point I was shocked. How could the housekeeper not see an Ipad while cleaning the room and making the bed?

Over the course of a month I sent multiple alarms, messages, and eventually a remote swipe to the Ipad. It still has to this day not been located.

My advice: Make sure you do a thorough check of your room when staying here. For the price paid that week, I would have expected a much higher level of honesty from their employees.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wesley L,

Thank you for posting a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel but of course the title of the review had me very concerned. We do pre-authorize credit cards on arrival and my apologies as you should have been made aware of this. As for your ipad, I am sorry that it is missing. I will make enquiries directly with housekeeping management. The lady who cleaned your room has been with us for some time and all keyholders know that each swipe of the card in a door lock is recorded. Obviously our intention is to recruit employees who are honest and of the highest integrity, but the technology we have available also acts as a deterrent. Please contact me and I will be more than happy to go over the events and discuss the situation with you,

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My family of four spent a quick night at the Hotel Twelve Centennial Park. Didn't do much but valet parking and front desk folks were very welcoming. Our room was terrific. Very big, fresh and modern. We went down for breakfast at 7:25 but they don't open til 7:30. The server and morning restaurant manager were in a tizzy: the new breakfast guy was very late and not ready to open. Both ladies insisted on getting us breakfast before we had to leave. A+ for effort!!! All in all, a terrific option.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear JoeyNoodles,

Thank you for posting a great review on your recent experience at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. Our hotel is a great option for family travel. I am glad to read that the breakfast servers made a big effort to recover the situation and get you breakfast before you departed.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although the hotel is nice, the nightime Valet Parking staff is HORRIBLE. I pretty much had to carry my own bags to my room, wait an extremely long time to receive drop off/pick up service, and I had to adress being overcharged for the service on multiple occassions. After speaking to Corporate about my horrible experience with Valet, I decided to give the hotel another chance. To my dismay, I experienced another HORRIBLE experience with valet parking services (night crew). Very poor customer service, which makes the hotel look very bad. You would think that a better effort would go into training and hospitality services for front-line employee's, or maybe the staff just doesnt care.

I Will take my money elsewhere

Room Tip: Do NOT utilize the Valet Parking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear liberiangirl1,

I am dissapointed to read that we missed the opportunity to provide you with a great experience. While I appreciate that you enjoyed our accommodations, it is important that we make every effort to meet the expectations of all of our guests. I am sorry that we did not do that in this instance. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experience personally.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Been to Twelve Centennial Park? Share your experiences!