“A Strong Atlanta Option” 5 of 5 stars

Twelve Centennial Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 W. Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30308   |
Ranked #72 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia
“A Strong Atlanta Option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My family of four spent a quick night at the Hotel Twelve Centennial Park. Didn't do much but valet parking and front desk folks were very welcoming. Our room was terrific. Very big, fresh and modern. We went down for breakfast at 7:25 but they don't open til 7:30. The server and morning restaurant manager were in a tizzy: the new breakfast guy was very late and not ready to open. Both ladies insisted on getting us breakfast before we had to leave. A+ for effort!!! All in all, a terrific option.

• Stayed November 2012
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear JoeyNoodles,

Thank you for posting a great review on your recent experience at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. Our hotel is a great option for family travel. I am glad to read that the breakfast servers made a big effort to recover the situation and get you breakfast before you departed.

John Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although the hotel is nice, the nightime Valet Parking staff is HORRIBLE. I pretty much had to carry my own bags to my room, wait an extremely long time to receive drop off/pick up service, and I had to adress being overcharged for the service on multiple occassions. After speaking to Corporate about my horrible experience with Valet, I decided to give the hotel another chance. To my dismay, I experienced another HORRIBLE experience with valet parking services (night crew). Very poor customer service, which makes the hotel look very bad. You would think that a better effort would go into training and hospitality services for front-line employee's, or maybe the staff just doesnt care.

I Will take my money elsewhere

Room Tip: Do NOT utilize the Valet Parking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear liberiangirl1,

I am dissapointed to read that we missed the opportunity to provide you with a great experience. While I appreciate that you enjoyed our accommodations, it is important that we make every effort to meet the expectations of all of our guests. I am sorry that we did not do that in this instance. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experience personally.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
tupelo, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very nice hotel, big rooms, clean and a helpful polite staff. You do have to use the valet service for this hotel (it is your only option for parking) which is 26 bucks a night so you can add that to your nightly room rate, but it is worth it. The valet attendants are very friendly and quick. You just give them a quick ring from your room and the car is there by the time you get down stairs. The Rooms are very nice and very spacious with a full kitchen, living room area with couch and tv, and a separate bedroom. There is plenty of storage for clothes if you are intending to stay for a bit. Also a nice floor mirror for checking out how you look before a night on the town. The bathrooms are large and have a nice big tub for soaking and a separate shower as well. The vanity area is very large as well and includes a lighted makeup mirror, which my wife was very happy about. The location is right in downtown ATL within walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The first night we had a problem with our tv and the gentleman at the desk (I believe his name was TJ) was up to our room on the 11th floor in less than 5 minutes to get it working for us. The next day I asked the lady at the desk if there was a grocery store near by and she printed out walking directions and directed me to how to get there. Check in and Check out were both quick and efficient.

Bottom line is that this hotel is ran very well. The management and staff are on top of things and it shows. You can even see that here on tripadvisor in that the management takes the time to respond to reviews , good and bad. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear jaswan79,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. I am pleased to read that you found our rooms to be nice and spacious and the service friendly. That is one of our most important goals. The location is indeed great for all of the downtown attractions and also we are only steps from a MARTA station, which makes it easy to get around town. I will be sure to recognize TJ for responding quickly to your request. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very efficient check-in process. Staff were awesome in their greeting, handling of check-in and recommendations for dinner. Staying with conference so price was negotiated and let me tell you -- I wish I'd brought my family -- since there's room for 4-5 in my suite.

Lobby bar very accomodating and again, staff provided outstanding recommendations for tourist activities and restaurants.

Would I come back? Heck ya.......within walking distance of CNN, Aquarium and Coca Cola.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear JeanieT,

Thank you for posting the great review on TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I love the Awesome comment about our team members. Our suites are very spacious so perhaps we can convince you to make a return trip with your family next time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was one of those times even though I have stayed in dozens of hotels in Atlanta rotating between the same few, however this time I brought my wife two girls and my little boy and decided to splurge and treat them to something a bit more comfortable. I have to honestly say with my modest salary I have no business spending about $300 a night for this suite. Price aside my family thoroughly enjoyed the suite. I had three rooms with my girls having their own double bed room with a monster size bathroom suite, my boy stayed in the nicedly sized living room with his travel crib, and my wife and I enjoyed our moderately sized master room with a nicely sized bathroom.

We had to pay if I remember something like $20 a day for valet parking, but only if they brought you your car. I never used my car the whole time I stayed so we walked to the Georgia Aquarium, we walked to CNN and Coca Cola building and I took the train to see a Yankee vs the Braves game. Best time I ever had, maybe cause Cano and the Yanks took the series. Now my wife found some problem with the suite curtains. Clearly the screws were re-anchored into the walls but that didn't seem to work and some previous maintenance guy just layed the curtain rod on top of the some vertical blinds structure. My wife and I not knowing this opened the glass door to go out on the patio only to have the entire structure come tumbling down. We gave two calls to the front desk to have this fixed, however after one technician tried to "bandaid" fix the problem we gave up. Because of this I can not give this hotel a perfect score. Will it stop me from returning.... absolutely not. Could the price keep me away... certainly.

Room Tip: Check the room first for structural damage. I think I was just unlikely when they gave me a room wh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jake123Snake,

Thank you for posting a review about TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the convenince of our location. The hotel is conveniently located for all of the downtown attractions. I am dissapointed to read about the issue with the curtians. I will have this checked to ensure that it has been taken care of. Please email me when you are staying with us next.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Literally this place was the size of a one bedrom condo/efficiency. I love the size the location and the service was astonishing. Each contact person including the desk receptionist, the resturaunt employees and the bartender were a delight to be around. I was here on a work trip and everyone seemed to be of assistance right when I needed them. I would only stay here when I go back to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear KanishaR,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious suites during your recent visit. I appreciate the great comments about the way the team interacted with you. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel when I was searching for something near to a local convention and was lucky enough to get a suite. Although the cost had been more than I was considering paying, scarcity of rooms at the time compelled me to hook this as it was luckily within a few blocks of the convention venue.
I admit to bring pleasantly surprised when not only were they able to accommodate my request for a west facing room but the room itself was spacious and modern with a full kitchen, large bath (separate to the shower) and great storage.
The only downsides were that housekeeping kept taking away the bath mat and only replacing it with a hand towel nd that the pc in the room had issues connecting with the room service menu.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Melissa M,

I am glad to read that we were able to pleasantly surprise you when you visited TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park recently. We like to think of our rooms as a home away from home for our guests. Our suites are well equipped and at just over 700sq ft they allow guests to spread out and make themselves comfortable. I will share your comments on the towels and the in-room computer with our houesekeeping manager and our technician. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE.