“Great price, location and sweet guest room too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Peachtree Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #112 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Windsor, Massachusetts
“Great price, location and sweet guest room too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Really liked this newer property. Starting with safe valet parking, Guest services was consistently helpful and professional (reflects great training and hiring too!) Spacious room with separate TV area...could even watch 2 TVs from bed!!!...And its located next to a Waffle House.. Made the combo work/fun trip stress free!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kdw54, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that our location and service was exactly what you were looking for on your trip to Atlanta. We hope to host you again on your next trip to the Peach State!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located somewhat near popular attractions such as Coca-Cola World, the Georgia Aquarium, CNN, the Underground, Georgia Dome and Centennial Park. The staff is amazingly friendly. This is especially true of the desk staff and the valets. Our room was large, comfortable and updated. However, there were some negatives. The breakfast staff are friendly but do not seem to care about providing food or beverages. One lady said good morning loudly to everyone and sang happy birthday to a guest but the coffee pot was empty three out of four days, the tables were not washed and the food was not replenished. The hotel ran out of shampoo. We asked for it one day and were promised a bottle but it never came. We asked again at the front desk and were told there were no bottles in the entire hotel. We had a room for four and the maid brought us three towels every day that we did not leave a note to remind her. The Wi-Fi seldom worked. We used the pull out couch but the maid never put it back together when cleaning the room. The biggest drawback is the neighborhood. It is filled with bums, street walkers and dangerous looking people. We attended an event at the Georgia Dome and after walking to it, we were afraid to walk back and paid for a taxi. We saw two large rats chasing each other near the Underground entrance. The noise of sirens, screams and train whistles will wake you up nightly. I would not bring a family to this hotel again. Stay in the suburbs. Downtown Atlanta is nasty compared to most big cities.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs because all of the sirens will keep you awake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kdw54, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
On behalf of the entire team of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on this visit and for sharing your thoughts in this review of our hotel.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

the very positive thing I will say about this location is the staff EVERYWHERE (desk, valet, cleaning, and security were top notch. they went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. The room was quiet and accommodating.
We stayed here because of the close proximity to the Ga. Dome. we stayed 4 nights to add some other adventures to our trip. driving your own vehicle is a challenge and everywhere you go is high parking fees. Right now there is a lot of construction and detours. Unfortunately the weekend we went the hotel shuttle was broken down and this changed all of our plans for that weekend. I will say we were not extremely comfortable walking around in the area. Most locations (Coke, Aquarium, CNN Building, Dome Turner Field) are 1.5 miles away and we did not feel extremely comfortable during the nighttime hours. there is a MARTA right across the street and it appeared to be well secured, we did not take the MARTA but it seemed easy to figure out if you needed to get to the other ends of the city.
previous reviews talked about no Wi-Fi and it was true we had none in our room, we were on the 6th floor. they do however have computers and access with a printer in the lobby free of charge.
We would stay here again now that we know about the driving/walking.

Room Tip: Friendly accommodating staff - close to Ga. Dome and Turner Field. beware of no Wi-Fi
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. Just to update you, since your stay with us our entire internet system has been upgraded. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on this visit and for sharing your thoughts in this review of our hotel.
Seattle (Belltown)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First time to Atlanta. Was in for a five day bridge tournament. The Fairfield is about a mile south of the playing site (the Peachtree Center), but it's a reasonable walk. Downtown ATL is one of those places where it seems no one lives, so it's hotels and offices only. Most restaurants are chains (Hard Rock, Hooters, etc...), lots of "same as everywhere else" choices and very few local choices. Everyone was extremely nice, but it was probably my least favorite downtown I've spent time in for one of these tourneys.

We were pretty much just using the hotel for sleeping, but it would have been quite comfortable for TV, etc.. should one wish. It was sort of a mini-suite set up with a couch and kitchenette in a separate entry room.

Pluses: The bed was very comfortable, the blackout drapes were very nice to have, the mini-fridge and micro are big pluses, and the shower was great! Everything was properly clean and reasonably updated. Add a coffeemaker as advertise (4 cup would be fine) and I'd add 1-2 more stars. Everything else was delightful.
Minus: The "coffeemaker" really annoyed the tar out of me. First, don't advertise a coffeemaker if you have some proprietary thing you can't brew regular coffee in. There are parts of the country were people expect to be able to brew coffee flavored coffee, not weak hotel socks juice coffee. I actually use having an in room coffee maker as a deal breaker when traveling to a bridge tourney, and would never have chosen this hotel had I known I was only getting access to something using their awful but cheap pods. I MacGuyver'd a way to brew the good coffee we brought, but it was time consuming and annoying. Great value proposition for the hotel, right? They save probably $0.40 per turn, and in exchange get an annoyed customer. Oh well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Your friends at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown hotel in Downtown Atlanta would like to thank you for choosing our hotel, for the kind words and for sharing your review. We hope that you will return in the very near future for another visit when you are in the Downtown Atlanta area.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there just one night. On the way home we realized the valet had stole something from the car. I've been back and forth with the managers and they have not been doing anything about it. I would not recommend staying here at all. If the valet can steal from a car and get away with it.. I can only imagine if a maid stole and the hotel not doing anything about that as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kdw54, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
S122,

There is a different managment staff at the hotel since April so I am unaware of your experience, however I would like to discuss it with you and get it resolved. Please contact me at your convenience at 678-702-8600.

Thank you Jimmy G.
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ok, lets be honest. Atlanta is not the greatest place to go on a vacation but thankfully I was working. The location for any hotel downtown bites, most streets are not safe and the streets themselves are dirty. This hotel is a gem though!! From the staff in valet to the front desk to the breakfast crew - all of them had southern hospitality to the max! Always a good morning and smile on their face. I utilized the shuttle everyday to Mart and Tommy (a driver) was one of the nicest people I have ever met - and he is proud of his city but honest about it to. With that many woman for a major show he told them where to go and where not to. The rooms were very comfortable and having a nice bathtub after standing all day long was perfect. Only "bad" thing was that not many places deliver food there, so one night I had some not so good chinese.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the marta stop - when people got off to get on the buses they could...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi NativeDina,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I have passed your comments about Tommy and the Staff on to our team and they thank you as well! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta.
Matthews, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our reasons for coming to Atlanta were the Aquarium, the Zoo and The World of Coca-Cola. The best thing about the hotel is that it offers a free shuttle to/from those attractions. Our driver, Tony, was very helpful. We were there for a Saturday and Sunday night. The shuttle stops running at 4pm on Sunday. We were at the Aquarium until 6pm on Sunday. I called the hotel for shuttle and was told it stopped running at 4pm. They suggested we take a taxi. Don't. We hoofed it and it was good exercise and less than 15 minutes - cut through the top of the Marta station and save yourself 10 minutes. The zoo you definitely need the shuttle, at least from what I could tell. I am not familiar with Atlanta but it seemed like it would be a 45 min walk one way.

Our first room they put us on the 2nd floor, right outside the lounge area. We have three young boys. The lounge is open until 11pm, except on Sunday, and opens at 6ish for the free breakfast. NOT A GOOD ROOM LOCATION FOR CHILDREN. Luckily my husband realized this as soon as he saw where the room was and we got moved to the 12th floor. The elevator is very slow so be prepared to wait. We used the stairs for most, except when we were tired and only used the elevator only to go up. The beds are comfy and the room is average clean. It's nice that there is a separate tv area with a pull out sofa. The mattress on the pull out is a joke. I had to put down blankets and a sleeping bag we brought from home before I put the sheets on, so you could sleep on it. If driving, and air mattress is a better way to go - either on it for height or just on the floor.

The hotel is located Downtown and it's a pretty seedy area. Most of the shops are closed, homeless people are sleeping on the streets, the Underground is a joke and there is no real place to eat, except Johnny Rockets, within walking distance. We did find a pizza place, within walking distance, called Momma Mia's that I was little worried about, but turned out to be better than decent. My husband had to work on Monday and the walk from the Aquarium/World of Coca-Cola wasn't bad with the three kids, but I would only do during the daylight, especially with kids or by myself. We are from NY and have spent many days in NYC, subways, etc, and this was kind of the same, just smaller.

Breakfasts were included but busy no matter when we went. Always had a wait, which is fine, and only one woman usually working by herself. Give her a break, she has a lot to do. Also, the valet parking was a nice feature, and with the shuttle we never used our own car, but at $27/night, it's pricey.

Oh, and did I forget to mention how LOUD MARTA is? Oh my goodness!!! The horn and the train shook the room, on the 12th floor, truly. Luckily I bring our own white noise with us, which only helped a bit, but it was better than nothing. I called the desk to ask how late the train whistle went and the response was "Train, whistle? I'm not sure..." If you have heard it, you will know I am not the first person to ask this question.

Room Tip: For Families, do not get a room on the 2nd floor as it's near the lounge/breakfast area which is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!