“Lone female in Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Peachtree Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #112 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Halifax
“Lone female in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Arrived at hotel after a 8 hour 20 min flight from Manchester Uk to Atlanta taxi fare from airport to hotel $40 including tip but could have used the MARTA train for $2.50 if I had have been more organised.
Having read previous reviews one week before arriving at this venue I was concerned that I had made a mistake in visiting Atlanta on my 2 week USA holiday. How wrong I was.

Was dealt with promptly and couteously by the clerk who assigned me room 1001 for my 4 night stay, which was a spacious suite with seperate bedroom and lounge area,facilities included fridge, microwave,coffee maker and each morning a complimentary breakfast. Everything was spotlessly clean and within 10mins of my arrival reception rang my room to ensure everything was to my satisfaction.
Breakfast was located on level 2 and comprised of waffles,croissants,toast,fruit,yogurt,tea,coffee and juice and despite being gluten/wheat intolerent was able to feast well on the food provided.
Location of hotel for using pulic transport was good allowing me to visit the zoo,aquarium,coca cola venue and various shopping malls during my stay. The five points train station is across the road and most buses stop within a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

Addressing the issue of the location of the hotel, there are people wandering around from various types of life and background and it can be intimidating. I was travelling USA as a lone woman and as long as sensible precautions are taken like not having expensive personal belongings on show and going into unlit quiet backstreets etc.I did not see much problem as the area was well served by the police using their prescence as a deterent. The hotel has good security with access by room card and someone always at the door. I can name areas in the UK which are worse than what I saw in the area surrounding the hotel and I the only thing that I adapted from my routine was to return to the hotl before 9pm instead of 11pm.

The big question .....Would I visit this hotel again......YES

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Jeff E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Good evening Suzie13,

Thank you so much for staying with us an for taking the time to write a review of your experience.

We are extremely convenient to major attractions in Atlanta and just steps from the busiest Marta station in Atlanta. At this location you can head North or South and East or West. This really is a great location for it's accessibility to public transportation and close proximity to major attractions.

We are located in the "Heart" of downtown Atlanta and as in any major metropolitan city, the simple use of some forward thinking in regards to your surroundings can go a long way. We are located near a Police Station and Underground Atlanta provides the area with security for guest and for local businesses.

I am glad to hear that you liked the size of our hotel rooms. We are one of only a couple hotels that actually provide 2 room suites.

Hope you make it back over from the UK soon and please come and stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Madison, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked this trip based on the advertisement marriott put out for it being a NEW hotel and offering BREAKFAST. We had our 4 year old twins and took them to their first major league baseball game and decided to stay overnight in Atlanta and then go to Aquarium the next day. The main reason we stayed here was because of the location and the breakfast. There was 0 products left in their market location inside the hotel at 10:30-11:00 p.m on the 4th of July. When we went downstairs at 9:15 on Thurs a.m. to eat, the food was completely gone, nothing left. The reason we stayed here at this price was because they offered free breakfast for the boys. There was no soap in the bathroom and the carpets were really nasty looking.
The staff was very helpful and kind. The front desk check in was very pleasant, the valet parking staff was very helpful and tried to assist but were not staffed to support the people staying in the hote. Marriott needs to look at upgrading this location or closing it down. this is the worst Marriott Hotel I have ever stayed at and we are platinum members!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good evening DonnaB721,

On behalf of the staff and myself at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry that this stay didn't meet your expectations and I will work to ensure that the issues you mentioned will be discussed with our management team for resolutions to prevent from happening again in the future.

We do offer complimentary breakfast Monday - Friday from 6:30 am to 9:00 am and Sat - Sun from 7:00 am to 9:30 am.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff that you encountered. We truly do have associates that genuinely care about providing the best levels of customer service.

Please come back and stay with us again the next time you visit Atlanta.
Madison, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We reserved this hotel for the 4th of July to go to the Braves game. We were disappointed from the start. We brought our 5 year old twin grandsons for their first MLB game. The hotel was absolutely packed, and the surrounding area outside the hotel was scary if you ask me. My wife did not feel safe, and I was uncomfortable. I am sure it's not the fault of the hotel, but this area is not in a good part of town. Now, the staff were very friendly, I have no complaints there. But the valet staff were short-handed that's for sure. (Almost 30 minutes to get our car.) The Market inside had NOTHING. I went down to grab a soda and some bottled water, and the coolers were empty. I typically don't see that at a Marriott property. The complimentary internet never worked, not that night or the next day. The TV's had cable, but both TV's were fuzzy and difficult to see. Our bathroom had no soap in it either. It's tough, because I don't like to give reviews that aren't at least passable, but if I take my family to a hotel, I expect to feel safe, and have basic things that I expect to have, like a drink and some soap. I travel all the time for work, and this is typically the least I expect when staying away from home. It's why I like Marriott. I didn't feel like this hotel fit those expectations. Hopefully, they will improve in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good evening launcher69,

On behalf of the staff and myself at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, we would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel.

We do want every guest experience to be one to remember however we seem to have fallen short of the mark with you and your family and we are extremely sorry. Thank you for the comments about the staff and for letting me know about your experience with our Valet Parking. It is with this kind of feedback that we can make changes that will affect future guest stays.

We are located in the "Heart" of downtown Atlanta and our location is convenient to nearby attractions and the Marta station that can take you South to the airport or North for you shopping pleasure. It is also a major hub for Atlantans to get to and from work and downtown for events and activities.

Again, Thank You for your comments.
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked the Fairfield because of price and proximity to Turner Field, Coca Cola World, and other places we wanted to see over the weekend. Check-in was quick and staff was very professional at all times. Room was beautiful with separate quarters for parties to sleep without hearing the tv. My only complaint is the elevators are small and slow, basketball tourney and hotel was booked solid we waited several times and took stairs because it was quicker. We will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Good afternoon rrobson,

On behalf of all of us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown I'd like to say Thank You for recently staying with us and for taking the time to share about your experience by writing a review.

It is great to hear that we were exactly what you needed while visiting Downtown Atlanta and that you'll come back to stay with us again in the future.

Have a great 4th of July holiday.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you are looking for an affordable, attractive hotel - this is it. The challenge is the surrounding area. Its convenient to Underground Atlanta (but, it's not exactly a hot spot!)

Room Tip: Do your research on where to eat nearby ahead of time!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Good morning ScottOnRiver,

Thank you on behalf of the staff and myself here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown for recently staying with us and for taking the time to share a review of your experience with us.

An interesting note about our hotel it that it's name is the Connally Building. While it's not the oldest building in Downtown Atlanta it certainly has a lot of history to share dating back to the 1860's. In renovating the hotel, we've tried to keep certain aspects of the building intact as they were over 150 years ago.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Best regards
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel made me sad. I was in town for a conference at GWCC so the location was perfect. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the rooms were nice, sometimes the valet was slow (or rather should I say understaffed considering we were all attending the same event and needing him at the same time) but they were always nice, so that was all up to par for me.
BUT- and I can't move past this - it is not a nice neighborhood. Not one, but 2 of my co-workers were offered crystal meth as they walked out the door and that's for starters. I don't think I need to say much more because it just gets ugly but unless downtown Atlanta can clean up its act (which is a tough thing to ask), or unless the hotel can literally remove people from lurking and/or choosing to 'do business' in front of and around their hotel, I strongly urge people to avoid this place. There are simply too many alternatives available in close by in the same price range.
And that's a shame.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Good morning Sprincer,

I hope you have had the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic Fourth of July holiday.

On behalf of all of us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we would like to say thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We appreciate your kind words about the staff and the service provided to you.

Thank you for letting me know about the experiences outside of the hotel that you and your co-workers experienced. I am working with Mayor Reed's office as well as City Council and Central Atlanta Progress on ways to improve upon the perception of the Underground Area. I will take your comments and share them with the parties mentioned above as this is our top priority. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to share any additional comments.

Thank you again and have a Great Marriott Monday!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The location is absolutely perfect, right at the Five Points station exit which is central for MARTA system. The check-in space is somewhat narrow and chaotic, but the rooms are very good, with space and taste. Breakfast is average, though. For that price the hotel us perfect value.

• Stayed June 2012
Good morning neglinka,

On behalf of the staff and myself at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share a review with Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us.

Our goal with every guest is to exceed their expectations when staying with us and it sounds like we hit a home run with you.

We are located in a very convenient location in downtown because of the access to Marta and walking distance to local area attractions as well.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to see us again soon.

Best regards

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!