“Impressive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   54 Peachtree Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #112 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Very pleased with the hotel. It was clean, secure, and the staff was friendly and efficient. I would stay again and I would recommend. Oh, and the General Manager was visible, and in the trenches, making the guest experience awesome!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
anniston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

everything was great from the service, breakfast to the parking, i would recommend this hotel to anyone. great job!

Room Tip: book through choice hotels
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate the time you took to complete this survey and share with us your thoughts about our hotel. Our team tries hard to make every guest experience a delightful one. Again, we thank you for your loyalty and giving us the opportunity to be a part of your travel plans while visiting Atlanta!

Comfort Suties Atlanta Downtown / Convention Center
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Spent the weekend of May 14, 2011 at this Comfort Suites in Atlanta, Georgia. This hotel is located on West Peachtree Street in the lower part of downtown Atlanta. My wife and I have stayed at the Quality Inn on Luckie Street many times and wanted to give this place a try. When we pulled into the suites, we instantly recognized it as a former City Suites that we stayed at several years ago. It is located next to underground Atlanta and the Marta station. BE WARNED; This area is very busy and has some unsavory characters floating around the streets near the hotel. This would be the only negative that we experienced during our one night stay.
Our room included a jacuzzi tub with shower and a separate bedroom (room 1205). Looking out the window you can see CNN and the Philips Arena just several blocks away.
Since there is no parking available in the area, we payed for valet parking and were extremely happy with the choice. The guys who do the parking are hardworking individuals and were always laughing and cutting up.
We had no problems with the hotel staff. They were very curteous and friendly despite some mouthy guests complaining about things.

Room Tip: Book early and use the discount rate if available
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

The hotel was nice but the neighborhood sucks... keep you pocket book close to you chest and the panhandling is the WORSE!!!

The customer services was great the morning breakfast was a nice also...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I would like to specifically thank you for taking the time to respond to your most recent stay with us, it is important that we know what your experiences are so that we may translate them to all of the parties that affect our surrounding area. With that being said, I would like to apologize if the urban area was offesive in any way.

We are a "downtown" hotel and Atlanta being the largest major city in the Southeast sometimes the "GREAT" can be over-shadowed by the not so good. I hope that you allow us (the hotel) the opportunity to be your destination in the future, as we are working with multiple outlets to continue to deliver "excellent" service to you and your guests.

Thank you again for your comments, I will constructively apply your kind words to our future actions.

Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Very bad location. No self parking, valet is $18/night, and my phone charger (the only thing I left in the car) went missing overnight. Hotel staff very unfriendly. Worst of all, when I reviewed my credit card statement I noticed they had charged me for an extra night, then wouldn't return my calls. I generally think Comfort Suites are decent hotels and priced reasonably, but this one was BAD!

Room Tip: No somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First I would like to say that "I am sorry for the issues that you experienced in connection with your stay with us". I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at our hands and would like to encourage you to reach out to me directly in regard to this issue. I believe that we have resolved this, but I would ask that you allow me to address it further.

Sometimes we have to just accept that things slip through the cracks, and it is obvious that we did not do the best job possible based on your comments. This is not a consistent theme at our property but every impression is important, hence my reply. My team of professionals are dedicated to creating memorable moments daily, with every guest, and when we do not meet that expectation we have not successfully fulfilled our obligations as "servants".

I ask that you allow us an opportunity to correct things with your next stay and I encourage you to reach out to me personally so that I your comments are addressed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your guests and I hope that you allow us the chance to make it right in the future.

Comfort Suites Atlanta Dowtown
E-mail: gm.ga517@choicehotels.com
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We booked the room under the assumption that it was close enough to walk to the aquarium, world of coca-cola and restaurants. However, when we arrived we were shocked to see that right around the corner was the "recovery center" and down the block was the court house which made for an extremely uncomfortable environment. We did not feel safe enough to stand outside and wait for our car, let alone walk the 15 minutes to sight see and dine. YOU MUST VALET your car, which at $18 a night is reasonable but they only have 1-2 valets and the parking garage is a couple blocks away, which led to us waiting around A LOT for our car. You can't call down and request that your vehicle be retrieved for you 10-15 minutes ahead of time because there is only 1 person at the desk and they cannot leave to ask one of the valet to grab your car and there isn't a direct line to the valet so you are pretty much left waiting on the curb in an unsafe neighborhood. As for the front desk service we were not greeted when we walked up to the desk and the man was out of sorts because he had been locked out of the computer and couldn't log back in, so he photo copied the credit card and license and then just folded it up on the desk which we later retrieved because we felt as though it wasn't handled properly. There are ONLY 2 elevators for the hotel so expect to waiting for atleast 5 minutes for one, maybe 10 minutes for an empty one. The rooms were clean and they are newer and modern and up to date. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were great. Breakfast was hot and there was a variety of options and several juices, coffees and teas to choose from. Overall I would not recommend this hotel... While it is clean and the breakfast was good, the bad service, unsafe neighborhood and the lack of valet workers just wasn't worth saving $30 a night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you for your response. I am in reciept of your comments and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. I would like to reply by category so that I don't miss any of the important elements of your comment.

- Valet, due to the location of the property we do offer valet parking, but it is not "mandatory". We can and will offer additional options for travelers/guests that would like to self-park. Our valet option is more economical, and in the interest of the guest it is our first recommendation but it is never a requirment, and I apologize if the attendant implied that it was.

- The desk clerk situation (credit card copying); this is not something that we train nor promote regardless of the technical issue. I have personally addressed this matter with my team and this will never happen again. Also, I completely understand the concern that you would have regarding your personal information and you had every right to recover this information. This was a situation that was mishandled by our desk team and it was an obvious displeaser.

- Outside (immediate hotel area); I am very aware of our location and unfortunately in any "inner city" location you will have (a.) constant flow of foot traffic, and (b.) the occasional undesirable element. The geography of our hotel is a daily civic topic, but we do provide uniformed security and have an outstanding working relationship with the Atlanta Police Department which is dedicated to creating a "feeling" of saftey and security for visitors and locals.

In addtion, the immediate area around the hotel and city streets are safe. We have both Federal, State and City offices in addition to Atlnata's Ambassador Force that patrol our area and blanket Atlanta's Downtown. I have read guest reviews and I know the general area may appear busy with people walking from one destination to another, but this is exactly what it is. Most of our traffic is just traffic, the people that occupy our immediate area are generally commuting to or from a destination, and have proven to be cordial and often times pretty nice. The stigma attached to urban areas such as ours is unfortunate but I respect the opinion of the guest and after all this site is a sounding board for personal experiences. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, Boston, and Washington, DC are all major cities and Atlanta is still one of the safest cities among them.

I appreciate the comment about the rooms, and the breakfast and we will continue to work with the exterior elements of our property to improve them so that every hotel guest has a "safe and comfortable" stay.

Daymain Smith
Comfort Suites Atlanta
Manchester NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Although the hotel itself was quaint, the location is absolutely dangerous. Upon arrival at night, the main road was lined with thug looking men standing guard about 10 ft apart on both sides the the street. The next morning the Underground was not much better. Again the thugs were standing guard outside the restrooms not allowing anyone in.
Since our car was valet parked two blocks away, we left 3 pieces of luggage with the valet service while we checked out the Underground. When we were ready to leave, they retrieved our vehicle. We have a large stroller that is a challenge to fit in the car so my husband tipped two of the valets very well to help us pack our vehicle. Even though he asked if we had all three pieces, our garment bag was left behind. I called and they said they had it and would send it to our home. After a week, called again, told yes they have it but it was never sent. Finally spoke with the manager Damien Smith. His story was it was found outside. What a lie! Our car was backed up to the front door and after using the hotel restrooms, we both walked completely around our car. We would have tripped over it. Damien gave me his word he would send it. Two weeks later, called again and was told "I don't see it, therefore it was sent." Damien was on vacation and the other manager refused to call me back. We finally called Comfort Inn Corporate and lodged a complaint. They had 72 hrs. to respond. They did not. Called Corporate again, and this time they called the local hotel. It was confirmed that they had shipped our luggage but it was returned due to an incorrect address (yeah right). Corporate gave them the correct address and told them to mail it again. Three weeks later and still not returned.
Whatever you do, DO NOT stay at this hotel. Damien Smith and his staff are a bunch of liars and all need to be fired. They have even lied to and ignored the Corporate office. Based on other posts, I am sure Damien will respond with his spin on things. Just remember, CORPORATE told him to send me my luggage and he has REFUSED! They have lost my business forever!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
In replying to this comment, I would like to first thank the guest for their comment. This is not a easy explanation and at this point the ownership of the issue is in my opinion the only responsible thing that can be done.

The ball was dropped, and my team and myself are the responsible parties. This issue is being investigated and, eventhough my word has been questioned, I offer assurance that this issue will be handled today 100%.

I would like to offer my apologies to the guest and their family for the articles that were not returned and for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Daymain Smith
Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!