“Ideal location, Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Twelve Atlantic Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   361 17th St, Atlanta, GA 30363 (Atlantic Station)   |
Ranked #74 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Crofton, Maryland
“Ideal location, Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at Twelve in Atlantic Station for a few days during our wedding weekend. The location was perfect for our midtown wedding, and the room rates are totally reasonable. The one bedroom is so spacious that we hosted our cake and champagne celebration with about 20 people in our room. Valets were relatively quick, housekeeping was friendly and helpful, and the front desk staff made our stay hassle free – special recognition to Nate (valet) and Teresa (front desk). We had several guests reserve rooms during the event and managed to leave behind a couple of things (alcohol and an iron). Almost a week after we had checked out I called the hotel to inquire about the left behind items. They actually had them held for us to pick up! I was impressed. The bed could have been more comfortable - it seemed somehow lumpy, but the linens were good and the atmosphere is quiet nice. Also, I'm a neat freak and didn't find anything to complain about in that regard.

The fitness center is spacious and extremely clean – I even saw housekeeping spraying and wiping down the walls! The only area of trouble was getting items to use in the kitchen. I requested a baking sheet and a can opener, on separate occasions. Neither made it to the room. However, when I used the in room computer to request additional linens, that was handled promptly and extremely thoroughly. We couldn’t have run out of towels if we tried!

One thing to know is that the hotel is quite secure. Your room key will get you on your floor and the pool/fitness center level, but not on any other floors. Great from a security standpoint, but can be somewhat tricky if you do have members of your group on various floors. Thankfully the two elevators were fast enough that you could usually just meet in the lobby and go where you needed to.

The bar in the hotel is also a good place to meet up with people for a drink. We had several friends meet us one evening for cocktails in a revolving door format. The waiter was able to keep up with everyone as they arrived or needed checks.

We stayed from Wednesday through Sunday. The atmosphere was quiet and adult until Saturday night when there seemed to be a good deal more partying, including some sort of impromptu car show in the valet area. This has happened to me at other Atlanta hotels so it might just be par for the course. The noise wasn't enough to complain about, but I have the feeling that if I had, it would have been handled promptly.

Room Tip: I enjoyed our room overlooking Atlantic Station on the hotel entrance side. You can open your balcon...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear CSATLMD,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. Congratualtions to you on your wedding and I am delighted to read that you chose us as the venue for your special occassion. I appreciate the feedback and will be sure to recognize both Nate and Teresa for providing great service. Perhaps we will see you back at the hotel to celebrate your first year together--(send me a note if you do). I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at Twelve Atlantic Station briefly this week - I've been through the lobby before, and it looked elegant and upscale, so I was looking forward to trying out the room. We arrived to find that valet is the only parking option (and they definitely charge you for the privilege). Ok, no problem. Once we sent the car away we went inside to find that my reservation had been lost. Only when I produced the email proving I had a reservation did they dredge up a room, then only gave us two doubles.

The hallway looks like a nice-ish modern college dorm at the kind of school that doesn't clean the facilities regularly - nothing big, but someone had dropped a ripped up business card on the ground and it was still just lying there 36 hours later. Similar bits of litter decorated the hallway. There is a TV by the elevators with news on...but it is analog, not digital, and so out of focus you can't tell if you're watching Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter, and covered by foggy, scratched glass.

The room was just ok. There were some really neat elements to it, but there were cheap elements that looked less like a Hilton and more like Ikea (which by the way, it is extremely convenient to) - a cheap plasticky toilet that rocks loudly back and forth every time you stand up or sit down, sticky faux hardwood laminate floors in the entryway, toiletries that look like what you'd get at Motel 6, etc.

It absolutely has some redeeming features - the exposed cement ceilings and walls are fun, the balcony has great views of downtown ATL (though even if you get the "top floor" you'll only be on the 6th floor, dwarfed by the 45 floor building across the street) and the light fixtures are mostly attractive. Though the computer didn't work all that well, it is rare to find hotel rooms with computers in them so that was interesting, and the full kitchen would have been really useful if I was planning to cook.

Three stars for the balcony, exposed concrete, and the stellar location in Atlantic Station. Otherwise not particularly impressed, certainly not worth it at the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear BlueBear92,

Thank you for posting a review on your stay. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to give you a better stay, but we will continue to focus on working hard to provide our guests with a great experience when they choose to stay at TWELVE.

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great hotel convenient to Downtown Atlanta and all of it's attractions! Also, Atlantic Station is right out your front door with all of the restaurants and shops that it has to offer! Right down the street from the IKEA store as well!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dshearer30907,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. We are certainly situated in a great and very convenient neighborhood. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

regards,

John
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel. For a $200 a night room, I would expect the details to be better attended to. The front desk staff were unfriendly and snooty, making me prove to her that I had booked a deluxe suite. I had to bring the reservation up on my phone. She could have handled it much better. The rooms feel like you are living in shabby condo, circa 1997. The couch was stained and the room didn't really feel clean. The top half of the hotel is actually privately owned condos. The lower half feels like being in one of the units that didn't sell.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason D,

I am dissapointed to read that you did not have a great stay as that is our first priority. I do appreciate your candid and valued feedback. I will speak with the housekeeping manager and relay your comments on the sofa.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to Twelve Hotel Atlantic Station for a little night of celebration. The hotel itself is beautiful, and the corner nook they occupy at Atlantic Station was very easy to access from the road. The staff was very nice, and everyone was quick to smile and laugh. From valet, to check in, the experience was fast and easy. Twelve is very modern contemporary. The outdoor pool is gorgeous for watching the sunset, and we grabbed a cup of coffee from Starbucks that is located inside the building before heading up to our room. I screamed with delight as we entered our room. We had a corner, one bedroom suite. It was beautiful, spacious, and it had a large balcony that we could walk out on and see the skyline. The kitchen was impressive; the living area was perfect for watching the game, and ordering room service. All of the decorations were very cool - mixture of brights, cement, wood, and metal. I must mention that the bath tub (and bathroom) was super clean, and the water for the tub was very hot. It was nice to have a separate shower, and the bath products provided made my sensitive skin and hair look great. We ordered food from the Lobby restaurant downstairs. It was very easy to place the order on the in-room computer (that had internet!). The Lobby called to confirm, and sent the food up within 20 minutes. They say no small plates - it's no joke. For the price, you get a great value, and the food was wonderful. I recommend the steak, and the linguine with shrimp, and pizza. One thing that was great about this place, is that the bed was comfortable, and the pillows super fluffy and soft. In the morning, I drooled over my husband’s breakfast sandwich – the house specialty at Twelve, but was thrilled with my eggs Benedict. Check out was easy, and the valet had our car waiting (you call them from the room before you head out). The Twelve Hotel Atlantic Station dolphin statue, for the Aquarium’s Dolphins on Parade project, is a stunner. Be sure to check it out! We love this place and hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: Talk to the person booking your room - they are very knowledgeable!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear kaseythekat,

Thanks for posting a great review on TWELVE Atlantic Station. Glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. I am also pleased to read that you noticed our dolphin statue ATLantis -- it is a stunner. Hope we see you on a future visit.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a very nice hotel with great amenities, including a first-class pool and 24/7 fitness. The service from the valet to front desk and restaurant, was excellent. The location and customers around us were a little suspect, but we felt very safe in the hotel and around Atlantic Station during the day. At night, it's best to just stay in the room or get across the interstate to midtown. We wanted a place between downtown to visit to Aquarium, and Buckhead for the malls, so the location was strategically perfect for getting around. I'm not just excited about Atlantic Station.

Room Tip: Ask for discounted rates because the hotel did not appear to be as full as the reservation desk made...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Tom W,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel but sorry to hear that you did not feel the same about the locale. I will pass on your comments about the service that you received from the front desk, valet and restaurant to the team. Atlantic Station has been under new ownership and management for about two years now and the improvements to this great neighborhood have been incredibly positive. I feel very comfortbale in saying that as I not only work here but bring my family here to listen to the Friday night music in the park and visit the movie theatre which is very convenient to my home. I am not sure of the specifics of your experience but I would like to hear more and would appreciate if you would get in touch. I appreciate all of our guests perspectives on their visit and I would like to share yours with the management of the hotel and Atlantic Station Center. I look forward to talking with you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I went down to Atlanta for his birthday weekend. At first we were looking at hotels closer to the aquarium, but we ended up booking at Twelve. We are ecstatic that we did. The hotel staff was extremely efficient and friendly. We arrived to the hotel 3 hours early expecting to have to wait for our room to become available, but the staff were able to get us a room right away. The room was extremely clean and gorgeous on the inside. Our first night there we ordered room service and it arrived within 10 minutes of ordering which was impressive to say the least.

Although the area was not right down town, it was in a great location with beautiful scenery and shops as well as restaurants right beside the hotel. As compared to staying down town Atlanta, I would recommend staying in this area. It is a nicer area, and has easy access to downtown by taking a free shuttle over to the marta train station. We would definitely stay here again!

Dear Chelsea G,

Thank you for posting a great review on your recent visit to TWELVE Atlantic Station.
Thank you for the great comments about our staff and the service that you received and I am please to read that you thought your suite was gorgeous. I hope your boyftriend enjoyed his birthday weekend and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to midtown Atlanta.

John Reilly

Been to Twelve Atlantic Station? Share your experiences!