“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Get ready to be pampered and to enjoy every second. Staff is friendly and the service is great.

Visited March 2012

Atlanta
“Avoid at all costs!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Have been going here on and off for 8 years and over that time have easily spent 4 figures + but since it went into bankruptcy (its no longer Ms. Sydell - its a ripoff chain) its gone downhill in a big way. They charge full price for what is in reality a dirty, cheap, poor experience.

Paid for a couples deep tissue massage - one was ok - one was awful - new hire straight out of school - was not deep tissue. Massage therapist was also 10 minutes late to turn up with no explanation as to why - sat in the holding area for 20 minutes waiting.

Afterwards I provided feedback (embarrassad to have to do so about the poor experience) and explained that the massage was v poor (amateur and certainly not deep tissue) and was referred to the manager - however the manager was in a meeting and we waited another 10 minutes?? The assistant told us this happens a lot and encouraged us to let people know as she was embarrassed for us.

After waiting and explainng the same challenges in detail a second time to the manager (called Asia) was told that she needed to tell her manager (manager of managers?). Asia told me I had to write down why it wasnt a good experience and put a piece of paper in front of me. Why would you have to write down about an unpleasant experience if youve already spent 20 minutes telling 2 people the same story?

Also - I didnt notice when I checked in but my secure locker was broken - one of the brackets was off its hinges and fell off when I checked out. Note that when I showed Asia the picture of this she didnt flinch - think they know what theyre selling and its a premium spa price for what is in reality something you could probably get on Buford Highway for half the price. Had to get a shower when I got home it was so dirty.

The location is falling down - dirty, unkept, just filthy - see the posted photos - urine all over the mens floor and mould everywhere. All robes are XXL. my girlfriend and I joked that we looked like wed been given a tent for a robe. Was told Id get a call back to address my concerns and they never contacted me however I got an unsolicited sales call at 10:30 on a Saturday morning the next day trying to sell me summer services as id recently signed up?

Upon providing feedback on how poor the massage was ($+200) Asia offered us a $10 gift certificate to a local bar??? One of the girls working there said they get this a lot and 'unless you throw things on the floor they wont listen to you' I asked for a refund and they refused and said I could goto another location which was better because they are undergoing a renovation in Midtown - not sure that this addresses urine all over the floors?

. From looking at the last few years of reviews this is their out - no renovation going on.

Have been a frequent visitir and had great experiences in the past - wouldnt go back if you paid me now. Tried to get a refund but they werent interested. left there feeling ripped off, dirty and will never ever go back. AVOID THIS PLACE ITS A SCAM

Visited June 2012
Ellenwood, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Envious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Sydell is the best kept secret. I love it. Its always my answer when my husband has upset me. LOL
thanks baby. I'm a regular here.

7 attraction reviews
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011 via mobile

I just had the worst massage ever. There was construction noise, the locker room was dirty. During my massage the girl was dumping cold massage oil on my body. So much oil that it splashed on my face and in my ears. I felt like she was getting ready to baste a turkey. She massaged my inner thighs and (while working on my arms) my armpits and side of my boobs. Awkward! After several requests to slow down, I finally asked her to stop and left before my time was up. This was the only massage that has actually made me more anxious than when I arrived. Awful

Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
“Nasty locker rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2008

I visited the midtown location last and the Men's locker room was nasty! Towels all over the floor. Disgusting atmosphere.
My wife went a week or two later and said her experience in the Ladies Locker Room was the same as mine.
There are places in Atlanta that are a lot less expensive than Spa Sydell to get a good massage and a whole lot cleaner. (btw, the massage I had was very goodt)