“Great boutique hotel with some quirks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #54 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great boutique hotel with some quirks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I really like this hotel and have stayed there now on several occasions. Rooms are great and I love the "open" shower style in the bathrooms. Some common areas like hallways and elevator look a little worn, but nothing major. I think the lobby bar and restaurant are great. Very friendly and helpful staff as well. Rooms are on the small side, but it is a boutique hotel...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I went out on a limb and reserved a room through either priceline or hotwire and were placed at the Glenn Hotel. Given the location and proximity to things, this was a great site. We were in Atlanta to see the Braves play, so it really wasn't a terrible commute to ball park. The hotel is a little on the small side, however, it is a boutique hotel. We were placed on the 4th floor and quite possibly the smallest room to fit a queen sized bed. My only complaint about our experience would be the noise. The walls are very thin! If an ambulance/policeman/fire engine drives by with their sirens on, be prepared! Again, since we made the reservation the way we did, perhaps that's why we got a so-so room. The service at the hotel was top notch. Every worker whose path we crossed was over the top; and not insincere. We were able to check out the rooftop bar that evening and it has an incredible view! I definitely recommend making a rooftop visit at night time!

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend getaway with a friend. This is definitely for couples. The room is cozy and the see through curtain in the bathroom doesn't allow for any privacy. You will not find the amenities of any of the larger hotels but if romance and privacy is your goal for your get away, you will find it here. They have nicest staff especially Holly at the front desk. She was absolutely incredible in accommodating our every need. If you are traveling solo, this is not a place for you. The Sky lounge on top of the hotel was great for an evening of fun. The one thing I didn't like is that I lost my Prada reading/sunglasses between the lobby and my room and no one turned it in. I'm sad that there were dishonest people during my stay. I will come back again to stay as their staff is very accommodating.

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel for a one-night stay with the rooftop lounge as a big draw but when we arrived found out it was closed for a private party. Rooms were OK, bit small, crazy shower with window into the bedroom, memories of Amsterdam. We were given a breakfast voucher for a continental breakfast which consisted of a cup of fruit and toast or bagel but they were out of bagels so that narrowed the choice! Ended up paying $30 for OJ, coffee and oatmeal as a cup of fruit and some dry toast didn't quite make the cut. Doubt it will make the return visit list.

Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed for one night in June. I had a double bed suite. The breakfast was delicious and was included in my stay. I just wish parking didn't cost so much. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have the most amazing towels. The thermostat was either really cold or hot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The rooms were small, but was very clean and had what i needed. I requested some lotion from the front desk and soon after hanging up, housekeeping brought some up. Our car was always ready for us. The rooftop party was fun. The hotels is just steps away from Centennial Park, so we enjoyed the nice walk. No pool was a negative for me, but it was just for a quick stay in the city with my fiance for his Bday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was really hard to rate this hotel because some of the aspects of the hotel are lovely and some are just horrid. First, the good: The hotel is unique, well decorated and has friendly staff. The rooms are a touch small, but that's to be expected in a city. Now for the not-so-good and the downright horrid. The shower was a joke. Both the "overhead" shower and the hand held nozzle were 4 feet off the ground. We were told this was done because the room was handicap accessible. I've been to at least 100 hotels and have stayed in many handicap accessible rooms and have never seen a shower with only a shower head at the 4 foot level. My poor husband who is 6'2" had to shower on his knees. When we politely inquired, the individual at the front desk simply laughed it off, saying that the shower was perfect for my kids and that it was only my husband who was out of luck. More so than the shower, the most surprisingly annoying aspect of the hotel was the cheap single pane windows. We heard EVERYTHING through them, all night long - the train whistles though out the night, the garbage being emptied in the morning, the argument someone was having on the street sometime around midnight. It was shocking to us that someone would build a luxury hotel like this and skimp on getting single pane flimsy windows. It really detracted from our stay - probably because none of us got a decent night sleep for the three nights we stayed.

Room Tip: Bring a sound machine to drown out the outside noise.