“Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Southeast US
“Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Excellent location for events at Phillips Arena and CNN. Rooms have a European feel, small but so very unique. The bed is truly the most comfortable I have ever slept in but the street noise is something to be dealt with. My husband and I were on the 8th floor and we were awakened what seemed like every hour by traffic at the intersection or sirens. This is no fault of the hotel, it is merely Atlanta and the location of the property. I would probably not stay here again because of the noise but no fault of the staff or hotel.

Room Tip: Others said the higher floors were better as far as noise, but I did not find that to be the case.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is small but cozy hotel. The hotel's staff was sincerely friendly and helpful. They made our stay very enjoyable! I was impressed!

Our room was comfortable and clean. We actually had a bedroom and a living room. You will hear street noises and see street lights at night, but this is a part of a big city fun ))

I highly recommend trying hotel’s restaurant. I got addicted to their grilled lettuce salad and grilled artichoke appetizer. Also, please, give us your recipe for the cocktail that uses grapefruit infused tequila ..its called....sun...sun...something....sorry, i cant recall now ((

We will be back next year!
PS. Loved the breakfast too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GlennHotelGM, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel. Our team works very hard to make each stay at our hotel memorable and I am glad we succeeded for you. I am not sure of the particular libation that you are referring to but if you will send your contact information to wayne.cannon@glennhotel.com I will ask our mixologist to share her secret with you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Wayne Cannon
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Dirty and Dingy. I have stayed at other Autograph properties, specifically loved Nasheville's Autograph Marriott. This one is unatractive. The staff is accomodating. They're valet charge is way to high for this hotel. I was looking forward to checking out Autograph Hotels wherever I travel too; now, not so sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Moriah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Glenn is located convenient to Olympic Park, CNN, and Coca Cola. Staff were all welcoming helpful and attentive. We will definitely stay again! Rooms were comfortable and the rooftop bar provided excellent views of the city.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Glenn was a good Hotel. It had a skytop bar that was amazing. It can be romantic or a good atmosphere just to let loose with some friends. The rooms are a little small but thats what you come to expect in the city. The peekaboo shower could be seen as creepy more than romantic. I had a good stay the food was great and it is a nice place.Some people were complaining in other erviews about it looking unsafe I did not think so but I am born and from Atlanta. Nice bar scene nearbye and Renee at the Glenn was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The fridge smelled bad and I think was broken. We did not need to use it so I just kept it closed. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend while in town for a Falcons game. First of all, the location is GREAT if you're attending a game. You can walk to the Georgia Dome in about 5 minutes.
Regarding the hotel itself, it is definitely unique. I guess modern would be the best way to describe it...it's interesting. However, it wasn't for us. First of all, the room was extremely small and not as clean as I would have liked. The window shades were VERY dirty, which was quite disappointing. Also, as some other reviewers have mentioned, it was quite noisy from the street below.
Another positive note was the bed...extremely comfortable, and the room decor was interesting and stylish. We visited the rooftop bar on Saturday night and enjoyed ourselves. The view is amazing and it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a bad property, but rather it has some room for improvement and is not well suited for everyone. Next time we'll opt for a more "traditional" hotel when visiting downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was satisfied with my stay at the Glenn. When I got settled into my room I discovered my television was broken. I called the front desk and it was repaired within thirty minutes. The bed was very very comfortable. I went upstairs to the Sky Bar, but immediately turned around after being confronted with the sonic blast that emanated from its entrance. The downstairs bar was small and staffed with friendly servers. Neat and clean...average. Not a bad value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!