“Good Stay at the Glenn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Stay at the Glenn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Glenn was a good Hotel. It had a skytop bar that was amazing. It can be romantic or a good atmosphere just to let loose with some friends. The rooms are a little small but thats what you come to expect in the city. The peekaboo shower could be seen as creepy more than romantic. I had a good stay the food was great and it is a nice place.Some people were complaining in other erviews about it looking unsafe I did not think so but I am born and from Atlanta. Nice bar scene nearbye and Renee at the Glenn was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The fridge smelled bad and I think was broken. We did not need to use it so I just kept it closed. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
Goose Creek, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend while in town for a Falcons game. First of all, the location is GREAT if you're attending a game. You can walk to the Georgia Dome in about 5 minutes.
Regarding the hotel itself, it is definitely unique. I guess modern would be the best way to describe it...it's interesting. However, it wasn't for us. First of all, the room was extremely small and not as clean as I would have liked. The window shades were VERY dirty, which was quite disappointing. Also, as some other reviewers have mentioned, it was quite noisy from the street below.
Another positive note was the bed...extremely comfortable, and the room decor was interesting and stylish. We visited the rooftop bar on Saturday night and enjoyed ourselves. The view is amazing and it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
Overall, I wouldn't say that this is a bad property, but rather it has some room for improvement and is not well suited for everyone. Next time we'll opt for a more "traditional" hotel when visiting downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was satisfied with my stay at the Glenn. When I got settled into my room I discovered my television was broken. I called the front desk and it was repaired within thirty minutes. The bed was very very comfortable. I went upstairs to the Sky Bar, but immediately turned around after being confronted with the sonic blast that emanated from its entrance. The downstairs bar was small and staffed with friendly servers. Neat and clean...average. Not a bad value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was currently on a Buisness trip so I decided this would a be a great location to stay.But how ever I wasnt to Happy About my room!! It smelt nice but didn't seem to clean. The sheer curtains were very dusty lets not forget had stains on them...The carpet seem to have not been cleaned from a previous guest,the coffee mugs and glasses were not clean also.And the sheets were stained and torn.The see through showers were nice but however that was a problem the shower had mold and mildew I was very disapointed for the price and the size of the room!! I didnt feel safe walking too my room with the lights being very dark overall I wouldnt stay there this Hotel needs a total makeover..Sorry

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while he was on business in Atlanta.

Staff - friendly and fine, however was a bit surprised that they seemed to be unable to answer (what I thought was) easy questions. Although, I did get stuck in the elevator with a disturbed housekeeping lady who complained for 4 floors.

Room - incredibly small, in fact it even states it on the room key! But it has all the minimum things you need. Was a bit annoyed with the curtains as they do not block out every inch of light and the only reason it's a problem is because the hotel building has outside lights all over it. Also, being that you staying in the city, you are subject to plenty of noises...this hotel is definitely not sound proof.

Which leads me to my biggest complaint...the one complaint that would deter me from ever staying there again...the noise from the rooftop bar. We stayed on the 10th floor which is directly below the rooftop bar. On certain nights of the week, the DJ plays music until 1AM! I am pretty sure that our room was right below the DJ. My husband spoke with the front desk and they did offer to change our room. Yet, I think it just annoyed me that they even put us in that room to begin with. They have to know the problems with staying on the 10th floor.

Rooftop Bar - has a great view of the city...seems like something you find in NYC. However, the service is very slow. My husband just got the in the habit of going up to the bar every time we wanted another drink.

Overall, the hotel is like a smaller version of the W Hotel chains. It certainly has potential, but it's still a Marriott at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Avoid the 10th floor unless you like listening to the rooftop bar music until 1AM.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nice stay. Very much like a Europen hotel property. Very unique hotel space is at a premium but not tight at all considering this is a historic hotel and in a dowtown metro location. The only suggestion I have is to upgrade the workout space to newer equipment more on par with the hotel. I was unsure what to expect but will be back.Great value for what you get. Roof top deck is the best outside Miami and NYC.

• Stayed October 2012
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for the attractions. CNN is next door, centennial park is across the street, everything is in walking distance. However, I would recommend not using the hotel valet at $25 a day, even though the service was great. I would park at the self parking garage about 50 ft. away from the parking garage for $6 a day. The service at the front desk left something to be desired. Although she wasn't rude, her body language and tone made me feel as though checking in was a bother for her and not her job. The decoration of the hotel is very contemporary so for some it might not be their thing. I thought it was tastefully done. The showers do have a window in them so it's good for couples looking for an intimate nights stay. The rooms are small but I didn't feel crapped or crowded at all it just made the stay more cozy, after all you're not living there. It's just a place to rest your body after a day in the city. The Sky Bar has great views of the night skyline and is a great place to go to get a night cap before retiring for the evening. Speaking of rest, you'll get lots of that in the amazingly comfortable beds they have. Out of all the hotel beds I've slept in theirs was by far the most comfortable bed I've slept on. My only complaint really isn't the fault of the hotel but the noise from the city really permeates the windows so request a room as high up as possible. I really liked this hotel and would stay again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Higher rooms get less street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!