“Average hotel excellent location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #56 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
McDonough, GA
“Average hotel excellent location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

After being invited to the Rooftop Sky lounge I decided to make an evening of it and stay at the Glen. Because I'm not a fan of cramped spaces I reserved a suite. To my dismay the rooms could be described as average at best. Even in a corner suite the rooms were small. I can not imagine what the standard room looks like. The big plus to this hotel is the location - next door to CNN center, Philips arena and GA dome. Also the customer service from the valet and customer service were also outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Edinburgh, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in September 2012.

On a positive note, the staff were friendly and helpful, it was really great value and the bed was comfy and I slept well.

Less good: the room was seriously small; there was no bath; somehow (and it may just be the lighting which is pretty dim) it just felt that the whole hotel could have been a bit cleaner; perhaps just bad luck on the day, but it took an age to get a taxi the morning I left - they don’t have the volume to attract cars as a matter of course. The hotel is also just a couple of blocks off the main thoroughfare - and I would have felt uncomfortable walking alone at night in the immediate environment.

So - adequate for a business trip but probably not one I will rush back to next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Overnight trip to Atlanta for work. Picked The Glenn because I am a Marriott member. Turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is funky & quirky, but the service and location are top notch. Nicely located near CNN and Centennial Park.

My room looked toward the rest of the buildings. Not a great view, but still high enough up to see all the people moving around.

The room had a good style to it. Very modern and comfy.

Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Moore, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and our 8 year old Pug "Savannah" stayed here during Dragoncon 2012. Upon arrival the staff was extremely nice and offered us a free mixed drink. The room was small but very clean and modern. The view of the Atlanta skyline from our 10th floor room was breathtaking. We could see Centennial Olympic Park, CNN, Westin, Peachtree Center, etc. It was awesome! The breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, and I was very impressed with the room cleaning services. They were very accommodating with us having a small dog in the room (cleaning around our schedule, etc.). At one point I was sitting in the lobby with my dog and one of the hotel staff came up and address her by name "hello Savannah". This completely caught me off guard and just made my trip. I had filled out a form during check-in about my pet and I guess the staff members had reviewed it and remembered her name. Anyway, it was priceless. The only negative thing about the stay was the loud music being played from the roof-top bar at night, but it was usually over by 1am. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this property each week for nearly 8 months while working in Atlanta. 95% of my stays were weekday experiences. Although there were some things I would improve, the beds and bedding were BY FAR the most comfortable of all of the Atlanta Marriott properties I have stayed in. They have pillowtop extra deep mattresses, quilted comforters, and high thread-count sheets that were always crisp, clean, and soft. I prefer a feather free room (I recommend calling before arrival to verify feather free) and found my bedding to be just as comfortable as the regular feather offerings. The second thing that is worth specifically mentioning is how friendly the staff are. By the second week, staff were greeting me by name and welcoming me "home" after work. I could always count on having my needs met if I asked. As a "regular", they always made sure I had a microwave in my room when I got there as well as any luggage I left in storage over the weekend.
In addition to the most comfortable night’s sleep, there are other amenities to this property. The hotel is in a great downtown location. It is across the street from Phillips Arena and Centennial Park. You can easily walk to The Georgia Aquarium, the MARTA, the World of Coca-Cola and other downtown locations. The hotel is secure. You must use your room card on the elevator to get to any floor, to get into the workout room and business center. There is a rooftop lounge with a DJ with a beautiful view of the city. Although I only walked up a couple of times and it was not busy during the week, I understand that it is a nice night spot on the weekend. There is a business center with ample equipment and supplies. There is a "living room" rather than a lobby with beautiful decor, ample comfortable seating, a bar, and free coffee. They also allow pets for a fee. There is a small, secured work out room on the lowest level that has the basics. Hand weights, a bench, weight balls, an elliptical, a bike, and a couple of treadmills. If that is not sufficient, they have a partnership with the CNN center gym which is a bit pricey but very close.
There are some things I hope improve. There is a restaurant offering room service onsite. Having eaten at the restaurant plenty under the current chef as well as the last one (changed this spring), the food is expensive and somewhat average. There are issues with food being cooked properly or over salted/sauced and the selection is very limited. There were also issues with cleanliness at times. There were times when I would arrive and there was dust collected on blinds, on pennant lamp cords, and on baseboards around the room. There was also mildew in the shower stall/tiles at times. Although I had these concerns at times, the staff were more than willing to address them and credit me points for my inconvenience when applicable. Parking in downtown Atlanta is expensive in general, and the valet parking (no self-parking) here is no exception.
Although it is not within the control of the hotel, please be aware that the noise from the area is pretty loud. I frequently heard fire engines at all hours and the downtown events at the arena and at the park cause plenty of pedestrian and foot traffic.
All things considered, I would stay here again if in the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: Most rooms are not very big. As for a 09 or 10 room which are suites. Make sure you ask about the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was booked at The Glenn by my employer, and it was my home for a week last month. I enjoyed it so much that if I were returning to Atlanta for fun, I would definitely stay there again.
The hotel has THE most comfortable beds and bedding of any hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot. The rooms were small but cute and had everything I needed, including a good strong WiFi signal.
The rooftop bar is lovely, especially after the sun goes down and the heat drops. Super fun scene with great views.
The lobby lounge is also fantastic, with lots of comfy seating in a very cute setting, with an impressive wine and cocktail list, and delicious appetizers. As a Yank, I was unfamiliar with pimiento cheese, but I have to tell you, it was my favorite thing of many good things on the menu at the Glenn Kitchen. Served with grilled bread, you can make a meal of it in the lounge. Fantastic.
My only complaint is beyond management's control: The location is next to a highway ramp that gets a lot of truck/bus traffic starting very early in the morning. I was on the sixth floor, but I am a light sleeper, so I woke up around 5 or 5:30 every day because of the noise. If I were going back, I might try a room on the other side of the building.
But the hotel was great, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel was clean and in a nice location. Within walking distance to the aquarium.

One thing to note is that the rooms have a window on the wall between the bed and the shower so there is absolutely no privacy for anyone in the bathroom. It was a bit odd.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!