“Not good hotel not good areas” 1 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites Atlanta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Pine Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308   |
Ranked #175 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, New York, United States
“Not good hotel not good areas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel can be improved but area where the hotel is located is terrible. I was staying there with my friends for three days weekend and we were so concern of the area where the next block from the hotel is the homeless shelter,bumps and drug addicts sitting there, and urine there. Not recommendable to any one especially tourists. Even though the hotel does have 24/7 security watch, it needs police patrolling in that areas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Reviews are how we make decision on improving the property. Sure we are a half block from a homeless shelter one of our most vulnerable neighbors. The locaton o the shelter as no influence on te hotel except that some times we never get to see the forest for the trees (homeless shelter). We do respect and except all reviews good or bad. Again thank you for posting your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The room itself was nice, tv, big bed, clean and a big shower. What to expect: Very okay room but the area where the hotel is placed at was reaaaally bad, im from a bad suburb but this was just too much. My girlfriend didnt leave the hotel in our entire 1 day stay. I went to the supermarket to get something to eat because there are not any restaurants closeby. Its a ~ 5 minute walk, all the way there and on the way back people were yelling at me and harassing me. If I had to write anything bad its the fact that they have a big kitchen but no kitchensupplys at all, so you couldn't cook.
/ a couple from sweden

• Stayed October 2012
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to Review our Hotel, We are talking to the City, APD and the Ambasadors Department about our street Pine Street. The Courts has approve the closing of the shelter, it now just the question of when. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your review.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It is located right next to the place where homeless people eat,most of them stay there for the rest of the day asking for change, trying to start a conversation and bother you. During the day you can walk there safely for there is always police officer to prevent any conflict, but in the night it gets dangerous, you walk at your risk. There is a secirity at the motel but I would not describe them as vigilant, on one night I didn't see him at all. Rooms are creepy, furniture is old, blankets were very dirty and I couldn't even sit on my bed, that's how disgusted I was. Shower was filthy and there was no towels provided. There was a little kitchen area which sounds really great until you see it with your own eyes, if I ate there I would throw up right away. I was very disappointed with this experience.

• Stayed January 2013
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
First I would like to thank you for giving our hotel a chance to provide you with your hotel need Even though we failed you during your trip we apologize. I also want you to know the courts have agreed to shut the shelter down. It's sad that most consider Homeles there worst enemy when they are our most vulnerabe and most unwanted neighbor. We will continue to make our calls to the City, APD and the Ambasadors Department weekly. Thank you for taking the time to post your Review.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I don't usually write reviews HOWEVER in my experience with this hotel I want to just say this: The front desk staff needs CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASSES… I reported to the front desk that my toliet needed to be refreshed ( lol) went into the room and saw that the toliet was not clean (feces) were located in the bowl. I contacted the front desk and was told that that housekeeping were gone for the day with a attitude. Of course I was told that the room was checked. (lol) They ask me if I wanted my money back ( with an attitude) mind you we had just gotten here about a half and hour ago and I guess this was their way of saying well you can get your money back and find somewhere else to stay (lol). That is something to tell your customer. I think the homeless are more friendlier then these so called front desk clerks. Whoever is part of this franchise needs to check who they are hiring and their conduct because they will lose money. Had I read these comments…Surely, we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Feedback like yours is how we recover from different situation.. I have had a conversation with my Staff and they have told me they followed procedure and I have also have gone through Guest satisfaction again. I can asure you this is NOT the impresion we want you to have. Also let me apologize for the service and our Hotel not operating at our best during your stay. Again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks
Kochi (Cochin), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Here's why
1. Rooms smelly.
2. Spider in bed!
3. Noises throughout the night.
4. Internet is dead slow.
5. No tub in restroom (If it matters to you.)
6. No Cloth Hangers!
7. No table light for study table.(If it matters to you.)
8. Lights are noisy!!

The Pro's
1. Very near to the tourist attractions.
2. Security available 24X7.
3. Small Kitchen area available (We did not have much use though.)
4. Comparatively cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SavannahSuites832, General Manager at Savannah Suites Atlanta, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
First we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for our Hotel. We have a laundy list of things that you found wrong and we are working to make sure this list is cleared. Again thank you for taking time to post a review..
North Conway, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels, but never anywhere as horrid as Savannah Suites , 114 Pine St NE, Atlanta !!
Stains on the carpet, no radio clock, no hangers even, and noone at front desk 9pm to 9am. Just the shoddiest hotel I could imagine.

They do not even have the awareness to not change towels daily. I requested a DO NOT DISTURB sign , they said they would put in my room , they did not. I ended up scribbling a note and putting into the door the 4 nights I was there.
Takes the prize for worst hotel I have ever been in, and I have been in some cheap ones in South east Asia and central Asia.
Just AVOID it, unless you are homeless.

When I made the reservation , I was told there was breakfast. A lie. Extended stay-- I would NEVER stay there another night. Whats worse, they charge you for all nights you book by 6pm day f check-in. so you are stuck in this shanty structure .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I found this place itself to be good and having security guard in the car park seemed to make your feel abit safer, not that I felt unsafe in the room but I wouldn't have walked around the area. The only bad thing was all the people hanging out on the corner pretty sure it was all homeless people they were probably harmless but the amount of them didn't make me want to walk around anywhere. We wouldn't stay again only due to the location and amount of the people hanging around other than this would be good place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

First I want to thank you for taking time to post your review. The Homeless has been a problem for us and we continuously call and or write the APD, Ambassadors and the Mayor's office. August this was to close and moved to a different area of the city. this did not happen and we are still making tose calls. Again thanks for your review.

Been to Savannah Suites Atlanta? Share your experiences!