“Worth it from crab night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Highlander

The Highlander
931 Monroe Dr NE, Ste C101, Atlanta, GA 30308-1778 (Midtown)
404-872-0060
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Huntersville, United States
“Worth it from crab night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tuesday night is all you can eat snow-crab night which I like to find in every city I visit for the week. The great thing about here is that they start it at lunch and go until they run out. They use a spice with the leg, I believe it is cumin, and they honestly were the best snow crab legs I have eaten and the service was great. So why 3 stars? Horribly dirty and a little gross inside, bathrooms are nasty.....BUT, this is more of a bar with an indie scene then a fine restaurant. Definitely not my style, but I will go back just for the crab legs, but would never go within 100 feet of the place otherwise.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, Tennessee
“AMAZING PASTA WRAPPED MOZZARELLA STICKS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

the food was amazing!!! Went there because it was on the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives show.. Definitely worth it. And decently priced menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Good, but expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I dined at The Highlander over Memorial Day weekend. We wanted to try it because it was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives the TV show. It is a 21 and up only bar that features a full menu, no children allowed. We are not big drinkers so we only had lunch. The mozzarella and pesto panini was a adequate and served with fries. The fries were better than the sandwich. The Nashville Chicken was the special and was spicy with good flavor. Maybe my expectations were too high, but The Highlander just missed the mark.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A drunken night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and a friend ended up in Atlanta on a hot Sunday afternoon with very few places open we found out way into an Irish bar. After about ten minutes my friend and I were told we didn't really belong there (in a friendly way) and sent us here. We loved it much friendlier

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Still a bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The food was really good (seafood Mac and cheese), but it is definitely a bar. Lunch may have a different atmosphere, though. The food was worth it, though!

• Visited October 2012